Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Route Ireland-Thailand-Australia

Options
  • 07-01-2014 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Been looking into it for awhile, what is the best and cheapest route to take if I want to travel Thailand for a month then onto Oz. Have contacts in Gatton so that's where I'm looking at.

I've found Cork to Amsterdam to Bangkok to be an option worth looking into further.

Any advice welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Firstly, my advice would be take more than a month in thailand! :D

I booked my flights through usit, (not the visa or any of that malarkey) because they were the cheapest i could get,

The flights were with Emirates but fulfilled by Qantas

Dublin - Dubai (3hr stop)
    Dubai - Bangkok (stop for 7 weeks)
    Bangkok - Sydney
    And
    Sydney - Dublin (booked for some time in 2014, will be changed)

Booked these 7 weeks in advance of leaving last june, and total cost was 1180e, could not beat that anywhere.

An internal flight to Toowoomba or Brisbane would be peanuts if booked in advance.

Whatever you find, just go for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭McGeezerr

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Firstly, my advice would be take more than a month in thailand! :D

I booked my flights through usit, (not the visa or any of that malarkey) because they were the cheapest i could get,

The flights were with Emirates but fulfilled by Qantas

Dublin - Dubai (3hr stop)
    Dubai - Bangkok (stop for 7 weeks)
    Bangkok - Sydney
    And
    Sydney - Dublin (booked for some time in 2014, will be changed)

Booked these 7 weeks in advance of leaving last june, and total cost was 1180e, could not beat that anywhere.

An internal flight to Toowoomba or Brisbane would be peanuts if booked in advance.

Whatever you find, just go for it :)

Thanks for the advice. I found a one way ticket Cork-Amsterdam-Bangkok for 356.48 euros one way. That is cheap to be fair, also the hotels in Bangkok were cheap as chips and look class ! Also I heard USIT were a rip off ? And the working holiday visa is 310 euros online that sounds about right ?

McGeezerr wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. I found a one way ticket Cork-Amsterdam-Bangkok for 356.48 euros one way. That is cheap to be fair, also the hotels in Bangkok were cheap as chips and look class ! Also I heard USIT were a rip off ? And the working holiday visa is 310 euros online that sounds about right ?

Happy days so, my advice, don't book your flights out of Thailand till you're there for at least a week or so, then you'll be sure you wont have to leave before you want to!

They are usually yeah, but that was the cheapest I found and i searched high and low, give them a ring anyway, cost ya nothing to try!

Eh get it here thought i paid less than that..

Happy days so, my advice, don't book your flights out of Thailand till you're there for at least a week or so, then you'll be sure you wont have to leave before you want to!

They are usually yeah, but that was the cheapest I found and i searched high and low, give them a ring anyway, cost ya nothing to try!

Eh get it here thought i paid less than that..

Yeah I'll prob take a trip into them over the weekend they have an office here in Cork City. That is where is looked man, 310 euros booking online. Unless I have made a mistake.

Or just give em a quick call, they were feirce easy to deal with when i sorted it, but in saying that, they might not work out cheaper for you..

Yeah its $420 alright, should be about 280e at current exch rates! :)

• Advertisement

Or just give em a quick call, they were feirce easy to deal with when i sorted it, but in saying that, they might not work out cheaper for you..

Yeah its $420 alright, should be about 280e at current exch rates! :)

Ah sure I'll be in there anyway might as well pop in for a chat. Yeah I done the estimate for a Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) said it was $310.

Should be about right man, once its on the immi.gov site you cant go wrong!

Should be about right man, once its on the immi.gov site you cant go wrong!

310 euros sorry, I was under the illusion it was not that pricey. Nothing you can do about it I suppose.

is it giving the prices in euros?

Fack that go with the aussie dollar and use the exchange rate to your advantage..

is it giving the prices in euros?

Fack that go with the aussie dollar and use the exchange rate to your advantage..

Yeah I selected euros. I didn't even think about using the exchange rate thanks :)

• Advertisement

Ah like you say, whatever it is it will just have to be paid.

Most of all is just go for it, probably no need to plan too much, you've contacts to go to so thats pretty much all you need beyond the visa and a bank account.

Enjoy Gatton, not the worst place to be, nice and close to brisbane, and toowoomba aint too bad either.

Ah like you say, whatever it is it will just have to be paid.

Most of all is just go for it, probably no need to plan too much, you've contacts to go to so thats pretty much all you need beyond the visa and a bank account.

Enjoy Gatton, not the worst place to be, nice and close to brisbane, and toowoomba aint too bad either.

Thanks for your replies appreciate all the help I can get. Now just to get over along :)

Any more inputs guys ?

Advertisement