Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste collection providers in Balbriggan

Options
  • 07-01-2014 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Is Panda the only option when it comes to waste collection services in Balbriggan now? With a standing charge of €110 and a per lift charge of close to €10, it looks like our bins could cost us anything between €400-600 this year. Just wondering if we have any other options, or is all the competition gone from the area now Fingal aren't doing our collection any longer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Yes unfortunately Panda is the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Does everyone remember when FCC ran a bin service and companies like Panda were able to come in and try and be competitive against them?
    Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

I remember when I moved to Balbriggan first and bins were free. I couldn't believe it. Those days are long gone anyway. Sigh. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

aniascor wrote: »
    it looks like our bins could cost us anything between €400-600 this year.

Do you really put your black bin out more than 30 times a year?

I know Panda ain't cheap and its never great to be stuck in a monopoly situation but with using the green and brown bins I'd but maybe 4 bin tags at most in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

I use the green and brown bins and there is just me, I still put the bin out about 6-8 times a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

netopia wrote: »
    Do you really put your black bin out more than 30 times a year?

I know Panda ain't cheap and its never great to be stuck in a monopoly situation but with using the green and brown bins I'd but maybe 4 bin tags at most in a year.

Yes. We have two small children and lots of nappies. Before having kids we used to put the bins out every 4-6 weeks, but not any more I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

I chanced upon some Citybin staff in my estate just before Christmas. I'd say there's a chance they'll start in the area soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Eoineo wrote: »
    I chanced upon some Citybin staff in my estate just before Christmas. I'd say there's a chance they'll start in the area soon.
    I know some City Bin staff live in certain estate's in Balbriggan so don't get your hopes up yet.

Advertisement