Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defrost Chicken Fillet

Options
  • 07-01-2014 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

Simpe n00b question - what is the best way to defrost a frozen chicken fillet?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,468 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Leave it on a plate in the fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

You can cook them from frozen if you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

If you're in a hurry and you have a microwave, you can use the defrost programme. It's very handy but you have to watch it carefully; leave it too long and it can cook around the edges. I do this all the time as I can defrost either by speed or by weight of the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

Alun wrote: »
    Leave it on a plate in the fridge.

By far the safest way to do it, also ensures the quality of the chicken is still decent when cooking. Using the microwave turns it to rubber.

I typically give it 24hrs in the fridge. Got into the habbit of taking it out of the freezer when cooking todays dinner, so it'll be ready for cooking tomorrow at the same time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Food safety advice in not allowed on this forum, and this thread is too close to that. Closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement