Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I source freshly cut hardwood?

• 07-01-2014 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭

Hi, I need to acquire a few cuttings of fresh and disease free hardwood (around 15cm diameter, any length over 1m) - any of the following species: oak, beech, maple, sycamore, mimosa, alder, chestnut.

What sort of people/place should I be contacting? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    Hi, I need to acquire a few cuttings of fresh and disease free hardwood (around 15cm diameter, any length over 1m) - any of the following species: oak, beech, maple, sycamore, mimosa, alder, chestnut.

What sort of people/place should I be contacting? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Where abouts are ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

sorry for late reply.
    South Dublin / North Wicklow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

sorry for late reply.
    South Dublin / North Wicklow

Bit far away from north monaghan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

are you looking for much?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

Do a google search for tree surgeons in your local area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

vinnie13 wrote: »
    are you looking for much?

No, very little. As many as you have really, if it's suitable I can take them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

No, very little. As many as you have really, if it's suitable I can take them.

Can you advise, either here or by PM, how many cuttings of each species you want, and what you want them for (i.e is this commercial or academic).

I have oak, beech, maple, sycamore and chestnut on site. However, I will only support cutting propagation by acceptable (to me) endeavours.

Advertisement