Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an upper limit on visa debit transactions per day?

Options
  • 07-01-2014 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi 
    I transferred money from my savings account into my current account yesterday morning in branch, in order to pay some college fees. I seen that my balance was updated online yesterday afternoon so I tried to make the transaction, which was declined. I put it down to being the same day, so I tried again this morning and it was still declined. I rang banking 365 and the girl told me there was no reason that she could see why my payment was declined, it must be a problem on the college's end. 
    I have since rang the college for a third time to make the payment and it was declined again. I have been dealing with the same girl each time and she has told me that she has been using the payments system all day with very few problems. She said some people who tried to pay via card had a €1500, or €1000 limit per day, but neither amount worked on my card any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi First Explorer 

Thank you for your post.

We are sorry to hear you are having difficulties using your Visa Debit Card. 

Just to mention, there is no limit per transaction on your card. However, a retailer or the college may have a limit on their side.

As we have no account access, it is difficult to attempt to resolve this here.
    We would certainly advise you to contact your branch to have a staff member investigate this further for you.

Contact details for your branch can be found here

We do hope this is resolved today for you.

If you need any further assistance please contact us here again.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

Hi First Explorer 

Thank you for your post.

We are sorry to hear you are having difficulties using your Visa Debit Card. 

Just to mention, there is no limit per transaction on your card. However, a retailer or the college may have a limit on their side.

As we have no account access, it is difficult to attempt to resolve this here.
    We would certainly advise you to contact your branch to have a staff member investigate this further for you.

Contact details for your branch can be found here

We do hope this is resolved today for you.

If you need any further assistance please contact us here again.

Thanks
    Alison

Thanks for the quick response Alison, i just wanted to make sure before I rang again.

Advertisement