Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland v Manchester United | Capital One Cup | 19:45 | Sky Sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

The only thing good about that **** is the 10/1 on Sunderland and btts.

We're truly shocking. Did anybody see Charlton shaking his head at full time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

O'Shea joking that Alonso must have a lot of cramps in his legs after marking Valencia for 90 minutes. I'd imagine getting hit with the ball that much probably would do damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,195 ✭✭✭✭JRant

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Ah so that's an excuse for them to play ****e is it

No but who keeps picking them despite a number of them playing so poorly weekin week out?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

sundula wrote: »
    They have no one else. The MU squad is dire.

So dire it pissed the league last year, lost in the last second the year before and won it the year before that.

What a stupid post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Sounds to me like the players are knackered both mentally and physically. Moyes needs to seriously review how he manages this team.

Not a hint of contact for the penalty, idiot for giving the officials a chance to make a mistake like that though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Moyes isn't watching the game on the box though.

He also didn't post on boards suggesting it might be an issue...as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Turtyturd wrote: »
    He might or might not be an issue...but the broadcasters are doing their best to make it seem like he is by cutting to him after every game to catch his reaction.

Better team won..good lad Fabio.

Maybe Ferguson should stay away for a while and give Moyes a break. He appears to be at every match, even the CL games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It's not even funny seeing United like this anymore tbh.

Great club deserves better than the goon managing it.

Some of the players should be ashamed of themselves though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Can anyone disagree. Giggs. Evra. Valencia. Cleverley. Ferdinand.buttner.along With young. Macheda. Bébé. And a Few more are Not good enough. The squad is trash the. First 15 is pretty good Thats it. The squad needs à Hugh over haul because of à Few players getting old and a lot simply Not good enough.The players have Been à disgrace .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Lest we forget, Sunderland are objectively the worst team in the Premier league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

brevity wrote: »
    Sounds to me like the players are knackered both mentally and physically. Moyes needs to seriously review how he manages this team.

This is apparently an issue, is it true that Moyes has RvP running up and down hills as part of his rehab?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Arrow. wrote: »
    It's the only stick they have to beat him with. Pathetic.

United went into years of decline after Busby retired. His continuing presence at Old Trafford was blamed by many for the lack of success after he left. Managers unable to impose their own authority with him in the background perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Its time for David Moyes AND Alex Ferguson to FCUK OFF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

macadam wrote: »
    Oh dear oh dear, when will it ever end?

You'd swear United hadn't won a game in years the way some of you lot are going on! You can't win the league every year.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    United went into years of decline after Busby retired. His continuing presence at Old Trafford was blamed by many for the lack of success after he left. Managers unable to impose their own authority with him in the background perhaps.

And if Fergie was trying to exert influence on things the way Busby was then he should be told to back off, to let him at it.

However, Fergie as a director going to watch the games is a non issue.

mike65 wrote: »
    This is apparently an issue, is it true that Moyes has RvP running up and down hills as part of his rehab?

Yep, carrying a bag full of children that won a competition to get that close to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I know Mourinho makes it a stated aim when sending players out on loan that they will do damage to Chelsea's rivals but Liverpool's loan players have arguably caused just as much trouble for their rivals .

Symbolises well the difference between Wenger & Mourinho.

Wenger has long advocated that preventing loan players facing their parent clubs should be against the rules, allowing his own loan players face Arsenal prior to the rule change in the interests of fairness in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

kryogen wrote: »
    And if Fergie was trying to exert influence on things the way Busby was then he should be told to back off, to let him at it.

Depends how it goes on a day to day basis more so. I know that Shankly turning up at Anfield and Melwood during the week caused issues with the players still deferring to him and calling him boss. If it's the same with Fergie, it is an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

So dire it pissed the league last year, lost in the last second the year before and won it the year before that.

What a stupid post

Considering the strength of the league last year. Get use to remembering past glories.
    Take away RVP and Rooney who exactly in the that squad would attract a bid from any team with serious title intentions or serious hopes of winning the champions league. Fergie drove that team and made some very average players think they could compete. It's stupid to think MU have a strong team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Arrow.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Maybe Ferguson should stay away for a while and give Moyes a break. He appears to be at every match, even the CL games.

He stayed away for the first couple of months. He's every right to be there.

No different to when Busby sat in the stands (out numerous other now directors at other clubs). Moyes can handle it.

People speculate as do the papers and pundits - football is a f*cking soap opera these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Good Lord.... :rolleyes:

Depends how it goes on a day to day basis more so. I know that Shankly turning up at Anfield and Melwood during the week caused issues with the players still deferring to him and calling him boss. If it's the same with Fergie, it is an issue.

As I said, depends on how much influence he is exerting. Watching games is not an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 13,195 ✭✭✭✭JRant

What a stupid post

We're only a couple of players short of being a very good team. Couple of signings and start getting players back from injury should see us alright.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭bassy

the mistake was made in the appointment,the job was crying out for mourhino.

sundula wrote: »
    Considering the strength of the league last year. Take away RVP and Rooney who exactly in the that squad would attract a bid from any team with serious title intentions or serious hopes of winning the league. Fergie drove that team and made some very average players think they could compete. It's stupid to think MU have a strong team.

It would be too easy tbh so Im gonna let this one go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Arrow.

greendom wrote: »

Many other clubs function OK. If it's a problem for Moyes, I'm sure the club and SFA would deal with it.

I think it's nonsense myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

BNMC wrote: »
    No, I've ran run.

FYP ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Turtyturd wrote: »
    He might or might not be an issue...but the broadcasters are doing their best to make it seem like he is by cutting to him after every game to catch his reaction.

Where I would see it being an issue would be if Moyes was making decisions with Ferguson's reaction in mind, rather then making decisions based on the merits as he see's them.

Irrespective of your position, it can be unnerving having someone of such stature as Ferguson has at United, consistently looking over your shoulder, or at least appearing to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

You know things are bad when the opposition dont score from open play and still manage to win.

• Advertisement

I blâme The players 80-20.over moyes. They simply have Not stood up when needed. Now lets Not forget. Rooney. Van per. Carrick.vidic. Nani. Jones. Raf.fellaini.And a Few more have Been injured quiet a lot. Our squad players are Not good enough

Yep, carrying a bag full of children that won a competition to get that close to him.

Might has well enter him in for the Iron Man competition while he is at it.

Best thing for them now is to golfing or something like that. Clear their heads and try and start enjoying their soccer again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

I blâme The players 80-20.over moyes. They simply have Not stood up when needed. Now lets Not forget. Rooney. Van per. Carrick.vidic. Nani. Jones. Raf.fellaini.And a Few more have Been injured quiet a lot. Our squad players are Not good enough

This is is it 100%, I'm still willing to stand by Moyes. Imagine if Keane was around to deal with Cleverley (Mr. Invisible). He is Championship standard and that literally can't be argued with, it's fact. Valencia, Evra, Giggs, Welbeck etc. are just simply not enough. I think many of the players out there are a disgrace to the jersey, contrast their attitudes to other top sportsman like Ronan O'Gara who described himself as the 'luckiest and proudest' man to wear the Munster and Irish shirt. They simply don't compare. Come on Moyes, put the foot down and ship out the dross, there is so much better out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Apparently, some of the players are still referring to Ferguson as "boss" when they meet around Old Trafford. Now there's a way to undermine the new manager.

Apparently, some of the players are still referring to Ferguson as "boss" when they meet around Old Trafford. Now there's a way to undermine the new manager.

Not true . It was when they met Bruce springsteen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Moyes post match interview - players played well, we were unlucky, referees are against us.( and that's him only going on about the 1st goal)..... Come on give us a break

Edit: he actually said the players were unbelievable tonight... Unless he meant unbelievably bad, I don't get it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Anyone else reckon moyesy hopes to go out in the semis, to avoid a spanking in he's first ever final?

City would slaughter them on current form!

Post match interviews are a load of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Anyone else reckon moyesy hopes to go out in the semis, to avoid a spanking in he's first ever final?

City would slaughter them on current form!

2 games away from his first trophy after 10+ years in the game......don't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I support neither team.....

Hernandez on with a few minutes to go, and a 40 year old man given a full game............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

ebbsy wrote: »
    I support neither team.....

Hernandez on with a few minutes to go, and a 40 year old man given a full game............
    .....and an 18m signing sitting on the bench who was and still is touted by many as one of the top attacking midfielders in europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Adam Johnson very impressive when he came on. If he could get his head right, a very capable winger.

K4t wrote: »
    .....and an 18m signing sitting on the bench who was and still is touted by many as one of the top attacking midfielders in europe.

He's been nothing but poor even when played in his favoured position. The excuses must stop eventually, if he was that great he wouldn't go from potentially world class to piss poor just by playing on the left.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Adam Johnson very impressive when he came on. If he could get his head right, a very capable winger.
    He had an Aaron Lennon (aka average against everyone except Utd)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

He had an Aaron Lennon (aka average against everyone except Utd)

I think he's better than Lennon but mainly when he's subbed on does he have the biggest impact. Even times at City he was the best player on the pitch.

• Advertisement

Montroseee wrote: »
    He's been nothing but poor even when played in his favoured position. The excuses must stop eventually, if he was that great he wouldn't go from potentially world class to piss poor just by playing on the left.

I agree hence why I posted this in the Utd thread.

"No Kagawa again? A 40 year old and an 18 year old instead?

I'm sorry but this is beyond ridiculous at this stage.

No hate for the guy, he seems nice etc. but then so do Cleverly and Valencia and they're not good enough either, except they didn't cost 18 odd million nor do they constantly escape criticism.

Kagawa offers us nothing and is just another outflow of cash we could really do with investing in some proven world class players."

I agree hence why I posted this in the Utd thread.

"No Kagawa again? A 40 year old and an 18 year old instead?

I'm sorry but this is beyond ridiculous at this stage.

No hate for the guy, he seems nice etc. but then so do Cleverly and Valencia and they're not good enough either, except they didn't cost 18 odd million nor do they constantly escape criticism.

Kagawa offers us nothing and is just another outflow of cash we could really do with investing in some proven world class players."

OK didn't see that, we are on the same page then. I completely agree, the best thing Kagawa can offer us is some sort of swap deal for one of Dortmund's stars. It is unreal the excuses you see rolled out for him, he's playing really, really bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

zefer wrote: »
    Edit: he actually said the players were unbelievable tonight... Unless he meant unbelievably bad, I don't get it

No. No he didn't.

Video here: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9106046/capital-one-cup-manchester-united-boss-david-moyes-slams-referee-after-sunderland-defeat

He said "I mean, our crowd were unbelievable tonight.The crowd were fantastic. The support they gave the team and me especially, was terrific"

Also said "the players did well enough to get a result" a few seconds after that.

What do you expect the manager to say in any case? "We were shocking. I desperately need to sign 4 world class players"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

ricero wrote: »
    They sing it when they win also them scousers

This.... Just shows how bitter some fans are IMO. Hilarious tbh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

Good penalty

07-01-2014-GifNumber-43.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement