Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alien Isolation (PS4/Xbox One)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Alien Isolation is going for £8 (10 euro? in uk cant see euro prices)

its bloody worth picking up at that price

if you have it and dont have the dlc you can get the 2 best dlc packs (safe haven and lost contact) for £1.39 each.

both are more then worth it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Alien Isolation is going for £8 (10 euro? in uk cant see euro prices)

its bloody worth picking up at that price

if you have it and dont have the dlc you can get the 2 best dlc packs (safe haven and lost contact) for £1.39 each.

both are more then worth it.

Where you seeing it for sale for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Steam?

steam

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's the PS4/X1 thread? Why is Steam dragged in here. Sould be in the PC gaming forum or another thread.

• Advertisement

didnt notice it was xbox/ps4 only. I started posting on this thread before that was added. its a multiplatform thread in the main gaming forum and there is no pc gaming forum (as far as I know) so dont get your knickers in a twist shirley

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

was so disappointed, went onto the XBO store.. €69.99 :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Shiminay wrote: »

you know that does not show up on the drop down at all (I checked before posting last night)

so either my version of boards is borked or like all elitists the pc master race has locked themselves away behind some high walls.

What skin are you using? Cause we stopped supporting and maintaining the old ones 2 years ago and if you're still using an old one, then that's your fault :p

[edit]
    Image for great justice...

352100.png

• Advertisement

yeah its an old one..heh, I havnt touched any of my settings since I was a mod many many years ago. Still on the cloud skin I think.

Ewwww

ok I kind of prefer my broken one. but yes pc gaming is there...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I appreciated your posts on the game's dlc and this thread should cover all platforms anyways.

We specifically made a duplicate of the Cloud skin for the new skins, so you've got no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

going buying this tomorrow online someplace.anyone suggest cheapest place buy in disc form?ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

brady12 wrote: »
    going buying this tomorrow online someplace.anyone suggest cheapest place buy in disc form?ebay?

It's €30 delivered from Amazon on PS4, €28 for the Xbox One version.

It's about the same in ebay with their crazy €10+ delivery charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Skerries wrote: »

thanks lad but i purchased earlier. prob wont get play it until 2016 now ha

Started this last night .scared ****less.played couple hours and still not seen alien but still scared !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Oh ****.

Oh ****Oh ****Oh ****Oh ****Oh ****Oh ****Oh ****Oh ****Oh ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

gizmo wrote: »
    Oh ****.

Oh ****Oh ****Oh ****Oh ****Oh ****Oh ****Oh ****Oh ****Oh ****

I take it you ran out of nappies?

Amazing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Definitely a sphincter squeezer although given how they talked up the alien AI being this thing that free roamed around and could show up at any time etc but the reality is it just roams in whatever section the game designates as 'avoid the alien' time and it just becomes annoying rather than scary after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I read that the Alien had 2 brains, one that knew where you were and one that didn't

ZiabR wrote: »
    I take it you ran out of nappies?

Amazing game.
    Made that post while working my way through the Medical Bay, so yes. A cautious google after getting through it indicates that my pants wetting may be legitimate as it's the first time you really feel like the Alien is hunting you in a relatively enclosed area. Playing it on Hard too so the Alien is on quite a short leash in these sections. :o
    Skerries wrote: »
    I read that the Alien had 2 brains, one that knew where you were and one that didn't
    Kind of yea, there's a good episode of AI and Games on the game here if you fancy giving it a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Must finallym complete this game. Got given it as a christmas gift on the 360 and played a couple of hours of it. But for some reason stopped.
    It's on xbox gamepass now too. Wonder if a sequel is in the works?

You often find that when games are free on gold or added to gamer pass its because something else is in the works. Not always but often.

Must finallym complete this game. Got given it as a christmas gift on the 360 and played a couple of hours of it. But for some reason stopped.
    It's on xbox gamepass now too. Wonder if a sequel is in the works?

You often find that when games are free on gold or added to gamer pass its because something else is in the works. Not always but often.
    It was confirmed back in January this year that there's not a sequel in development. There's a mobile game, Alien: Blackout, coming which will continue the story and an unrelated PC/Console-based shooter in development at Cold Iron Studios.

Hands down my favourite game. The music is masterful, really adds to the already dread filled atmosphere.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,576 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This came out this morning on Switch (and according to DF has actually made some visual improvements over the other console versions); this somehow managed to pass me by first time around so looking forward to finally trying this out:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

This game is terrifying, I remember shuffling in and out of the same locker for about 4hrs at one stage, still thoroughly enjoyed it. I've also been meaning to play through the dlc.

• Advertisement

It's a game that's been sitting in my Steam List for a LONG time unplayed cause it seems like the sort of game that'll scare the bejebus outta me :D I don't think I've heard many bad things said about it.

Advertisement