Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alien Isolation (PS4/Xbox One)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Yeah

f*ck this game

the whole game is

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

Playing on Hard took 3 attempts to get pass the first bunch of humans that were not a scripted event

Those f*cking androids terrify me

And I've only crossed the alien once but

Nope!

So much Nope!

This terrifies me

but I cannot stop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well that sounds perfect :P

No!

F*ck you alien

B*tch jumped me just after I saved, a moment of relief turned into sheer panic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Really looking forward to playing this, but need to burn out on Destiny first. Might pick this up around Christmas time.

I'm beginning to understand the negative reviews. At points it's just unrelenting. You do partially wish for a quicksave crutch just so you can take a chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Fúck this game and everything in it.

10/10

Marko are you at the same spot I am at
    medical
    ?

will have a little video up tonight of some of my deaths.

spoiler free. It's all literally the same 10 minute space where I've been murdered mercilessly over and over.

Only just noticed watching through the edited video that I passed over a save point I was so terrified that I didnt notice it's beeping.

As promised.

nope

nope

nope

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Aren't you playing it on ultra-mega-death difficulty? any idea what it might be like on normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Watching that video, this really looks like my kind of game. That its based on Alien is a bonus :D

Aren't you playing it on ultra-mega-death difficulty? any idea what it might be like on normal?

I dont know, was tempted to try the nostromo pack on medium just to see the difference, already tried it on hard and in some ways its even worse then the main game for sheer up **** creek without paddle feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Congratulations. I now want this game. Looks class.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Pretty terrifying stuff. Will not be buying. Looks really good but it would just stress me out.

I laughed so much when you threw the noise maker off the counter.

I'm half tempted to livestream this if I get it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Wont be picking this up until I pick up the XO4's.

And maybe some pampers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just watched a few videos,seems very tense.

Just watched a few videos,seems very tense.

understatement of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Yeah

f*ck this game

the whole game is

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

Playing on Hard took 3 attempts to get pass the first bunch of humans that were not a scripted event

Those f*cking androids terrify me

And I've only crossed the alien once but

Nope!

So much Nope!

This terrifies me

but I cannot stop

This is precisely what I wanted to hear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

As promised.

nope

nope

nope

nope

Brilliant :D

• Advertisement

back at it now.

seems in the middle of the day that segment is a tad easier (also with a better understanding of where save points are etc) Still took best part of an hour to go about a 100ms in total

but I thought I'd get a bit of downtime after to solve a puzzle or something

*nope*

f*ck you says alien isolation

this b*tch is stuck with you.

Stop it... you're making me very jealous that I don't have it yet.

Looks like I won't be getting my copy from SimplyGames today. Hopefully it'll be here tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I need help, just got the game and installed update. But cannot download the crew expandable dlc. Tried the code multiple time uppercase and lower case will not work. What do i do

I didn't have to enter codes as is bought it through steam so I can't help you there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I need help, just got the game and installed update. But cannot download the crew expandable dlc. Tried the code multiple time uppercase and lower case will not work. What do i do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

The head says wait and put it on the Christmas list as it might have some sort of special edition by then.

The heart says tear into gamestop, punch yerman in the side of the head (he's a prick) and buy it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

The audio & music design are fantastic. Everything is there to simply **** with your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

ktulu123 wrote: »
    The audio & music design are fantastic. Everything is there to simply **** with your head.

The voice acting is superb too to be honest as well the general acting and direction of the cutscenes. The characters are speaking to each other like actual human beings which is rare in games tbh.

I played more of it on my friends family-shared account. Got balls deep into it but am I the only one not exactly scared of it a whole lot? I had a few butt-hole clenching tense moments when sneaking right past some synthetics and such but I haven't exactly felt fear or horror but maybe that just comes with having played lots of horror.

Only been killed by the alien twice so far. Once was out-of-nowhere vent drop kill on me, had no chance.

The other was actually because of the game! I was hiding in a locker and the alien got near so I knew from earlier to hold down S and RMB to hold breath and lean back.

Just as it was trying to sniff me out, the same tutorial message from a while back comes up AGAIN for no reason saying "Press and hold S" which obviously in the tense moment I just obeyed outright. I lifted my finger off S to press it again but doing so reset my leaning and I peeked right at the damn Alien so naturally it ripped my face out of the locker. T-thanks never-ending tutorials... big help there. Also there's a constant "Hold R to use" message in bottom left of the screen that just doesn't go away no matter how many hours I've played.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=323270723

This tutorial gets rid of the unskippable intros. Handy

Got balls deep into it but am I the only one not exactly scared of it a whole lot? I had a few butt-hole clenching tense moments when sneaking right past some synthetics and such but I haven't exactly felt fear or horror but maybe that just comes with having played lots of horror.
    If you havnt reached the hospital then you have not actually properly faced the alien.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dammit, another game I am compelled to buy but will be too scared to play after dark!

Advertisement