Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conversation I had with Xbox support what a joke

• 07-01-2014 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Close chat

info: at 14:06:10
    Please wait for an agent to respond.
    The current average wait time is 0 minutes.
    Thank you for your patience.
    info: at 14:06:12
    Privacy Statement
    You are now chatting with 'Andy'.
    Andy: at 14:06:20
    Hello, thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Andy. Please give me a moment to review your question.
    Andy: at 14:06:29
    hello my friend..
    you: at 14:07:25
    Andy I was chatting with one of colleagues about an issue concerning the new xbox one the chat number was 15598813
    Andy: at 14:07:51
    was your chat disconnected? or were you transferred?
    you: at 14:08:10
    Disconnected
    Andy: at 14:08:44
    i am sorry to hear that.. dont worry i will make sure that wont happen again..
    Andy: at 14:10:13
    can you provide me details on what's going on? your previous interaction didnt appear here on my end...
    you: at 14:14:19
    The problem is that I have just gone and got this new xbox one to find out you can't chat to any one on 360 or play any games on live , I all had to rush back out when I found out that all my son 360 game was going to be redundant to buy new games for him so he had some think to play on Xmas day that cost me another 195 euros I fill will appointed with Microsoft at this point
    you: at 14:16:17
    The over problem is that on bf4 game on the xbox one keeps playing up he can't get into a game keep kicking him out and then he can't play on line for hours this is joke at 500 euro a go and can't play the game at 65 euros ago
    Andy: at 14:17:32
    do you mean that when your son plays with the one console, he keeps getting kicked out online ?
    you: at 14:20:17
    It was he's bday in November were his nan toke him out ang got him new games for the 360 ghost / gta5 that you can't play on the new xbox so I went bak to the shop to ask them to change them to be told I would only get 18 euro eash for them at this point I am so pissed off with Microsoft it's cost me fortune at this point
    you: at 14:22:27
    Keeps telling him no servers check you internet , it's not that as I have it connected with the Internet cable direct
    Andy: at 14:22:28
    as a father myself, i understand how you feel my friend...
    Andy: at 14:23:15
    dont worry i am here to help you. it seems that you have more than one concern.let go over thru them one by one ok?
    Andy: at 14:24:55
    may i have your name and microsoft email please?
    you: at 14:25:05
    Can you not at least give him 2 game of his Choice to download as I think this only what I think the xbox should do as it cost me €€€€€€€ and don't stop
    you: at 14:25:24
    Wayne100@
    Andy: at 14:26:25
    thanks and your name so i can properly address you?
    you: at 14:27:18
    Wayne
    Andy: at 14:27:26
    thank wayne..
    Andy: at 14:28:36
    just to make sure we are on the same page, you are having issues with the games you bought. you bought new games for 360 console thinking they can be played on your new One console , am I correct?
    you: at 14:30:27
    No his nan got him new games in November gta5 / gost which he has been playing not knowing that we was going to get the new xbox
    you: at 14:31:33
    Andy the thing is he has over 20 games down there that he can't play
    you: at 14:32:01
    Sorry he can but only on the 360
    Andy: at 14:32:09
    i understand my friend..
    Andy: at 14:32:27
    where did his nan purchase the games?
    you: at 14:34:46
    Game stop when I picked up the xbox at Xmas I was asking the lad what do I do with the games he has he told to bring in and trade them in to which he offered me 18euro each for the two new games which I replied are you mad no way
    Andy: at 14:35:45
    thanks for sharing all those information wayne.. it certainly helped me understand where you are coming from..
    Andy: at 14:36:10
    here's the thing wayne..
    you: at 14:36:23
    So this is when I had to buy more games at the cost of 195 euro or he would of been opening an xbox he couldn't play..
    Andy: at 14:37:36
    all the 360 games that your son has are compatible with that console only..they wont work on the xbox one..
    you: at 14:38:31
    The thing Andy if Microsoft had informed the public of this issue I would of not bothered buying him the new xbox and spent my money on some think else
    you: at 14:38:56
    I know that now
    Andy: at 14:39:49
    the best thing to do is to go back to gamestop, and check what games can they upgrade for the one console..
    you: at 14:40:38
    And get 18 euro each back on a game that cost 65 euro are joking me
    Andy: at 14:40:38
    i understand how you feel wayne.. during the release of the One console, all the information was released including game compatibility...
    you: at 14:41:42
    Yes On a web site tucked away on the internet some where
    Andy: at 14:43:21
    i feel you wayne.. i really do.. i agree with you and im telling you everything all you need to know for you to be able to use and enjoy your brand new One console...
    you: at 14:44:06
    Andy you only have go onto the internet now to see how pissed people are with Microsoft at the moment with this new xbox that the only reviews I am getting at the moment
    you: at 14:46:04
    So what about bf4 what's going there the game **** sorry for the language but at 65 euro a game and he can't play it what do I do then
    Andy: at 14:47:18
    i am aware of that wayne.. as is with other things, we cant please everybody...
    Andy: at 14:47:26
    the best thing to do is to go back to gamestop, and check what games can they upgrade for the one console..
    you: at 14:49:08
    Andy all I keep reading at the moment that Xbox are give people free down loads for all the Trouble that they are having what can you do for me as all I have done at the moment is pay xbox money
    Andy: at 14:50:06
    are you reading forums wayne?
    you: at 14:50:51
    You keep telling me to to go back to gamestop for what to be ripped off again Microsoft get paid more money no way
    Andy: at 14:52:17
    my friend, i am not ripping money off you.. i am advising you on what you need to do and give options to be able to enjoy your one console..
    you: at 14:54:08
    Ok so I go to game stop and new xbox one game and when I get them home you can't play on line because there no servers what do I do then
    Andy: at 14:55:35
    does your son have a live account and gamertag wayne?
    you: at 14:57:16
    No his on my one so I can keep my eye on him
    Andy: at 14:58:01
    so basically, he was playing with his 360 console offline, am i correct?
    you: at 14:59:07
    No on the one and then when he plays his friends he turn on the 360 and take the internet cable out
    you: at 14:59:40
    It's all On my account
    Andy: at 15:01:34
    thanks for the info wayne..the reason why you got that error is because there is no internet connection..
    Andy: at 15:02:03
    whatever console your son plays with, it has to have internet connection to be able to connect online..
    Andy: at 15:03:48
    since you also mentioned that your son has no xbox live account, that may also be the reason why he's not able to see his friends online...
    you: at 15:04:09
    It has it connected by an Internet cable straight into the modem I no this as I used to work for a network Company
    you: at 15:04:44
    I no when some thing is not on line and when it off line
    you: at 15:05:21
    It tell me that I have good connection so it's not that
    you: at 15:06:02
    When I check on the internet it the game that has the problems
    Andy: at 15:06:18
    is this on the 360 or one console?
    you: at 15:06:31
    Both
    you: at 15:07:55
    Why dose it connect you play one game then it kicks you back to lobby then comes up with no servers
    you: at 15:10:01
    Andy sorry for being upfront but it fill like I am not get any were here going around around I have been on this chat now for 2 hours and no better off
    Andy: at 15:10:49
    does your son have a gamertag?
    you: at 15:11:15
    I now no why you don't take phone calls ......
    you: at 15:11:31
    I just told you his on my one
    Andy: at 15:12:18
    what is your gamertag then? i did check your email earlier and no account was pulling up..
    you: at 15:12:50
    All360up
    Andy: at 15:12:52
    we do have a number for voice support as well..if you need that info i can give it to you as well..
    you: at 15:13:43
    Yes please for Future
    you: at 15:15:01
    I know for one thing Andy this we be the last xbox in this house
    Andy: at 15:15:09
    1800 509 186 wayne..
    you: at 15:19:35
    I don't mean to give you hard time Andy but I am so pissed off with this thing that cost me €€€€€€€€€€ and knowing that it not going to stop costing me money
    Andy: at 15:19:59
    i really understand you wayne..
    you: at 15:20:07
    That game that don't play
    Andy: at 15:20:17
    its your call my friend..
    you: at 15:21:02
    Did you check my game tag
    Andy: at 15:22:00
    yes..
    you: at 15:22:20
    And what was you going to tell me
    Andy: at 15:23:04
    what games are you playing with the 360?
    you: at 15:25:08
    His playing gta5 and gost but he's not having problems with them
    you: at 15:26:11
    The 360 not the problem here
    you: at 15:29:18
    Is that it Andy we just stop talking hoping that I go away
    Andy: at 15:29:47
    im still here wayne..
    Andy: at 15:32:52
    it seems that the connection is the issue..
    you: at 15:35:19
    It's not Andy I have over 50 meg internet in this house I have been on to them and they have check my connection I have even had the engineer around to check the Cable running to the house and not that
    you: at 15:36:33
    This is just with one game Andy every think else works I have iPads and the 360 don't minis a beat
    you: at 15:37:12
    It's just the new xbox one on bf4 online
    Andy: at 15:39:48
    i see..
    Andy: at 15:42:00
    so the xbox one cant connect online?
    Andy: at 15:42:11
    can you try these steps please
    Andy: at 15:42:36
    1.Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
    2.Select Network Settings.
    3.Select Wired Network or your wireless network name (if you are prompted to do so).
    4.Select Test Xbox Live Connection
    you: at 15:44:04
    Andy I have to go now so it was nice chatting to you but the only thing is I got no were just spent over hour and half cheating to you for nothing this was a wast of my time and yet again got no where from xbox Support , like I say this will be the last xbox in this house I am going to post this chat up on a review site and see what the consumer has to say about this . Andy I have had it now good buy
    Andy: at 15:44:33
    i understand ..
    Andy: at 15:44:56
    kindly hit the X button please to properly end our session..
    Andy: at 15:45:06
    thanks for the time and patience wayne..
    info: at 15:50:14
    Chat session has been ended by the agent.
    system: at 15:50:44
    You are not currently in a chat session.
    system: at 15:51:22
    system: at 15:51:29
    system: at 15:51:31
    system: at 15:51:37
    system: at 15:51:57
    system: at 15:51:59
    Close chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,720 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

So you basically bought an xbox one without checking ANY of the specs or features, a quick google would have told you none of the old 360 games were compatible. And also, the BF4 issue is common on PS4 too, it's nothing to do with Microsoft, it's EA.

So just to summarise, you foolishly bought an xbox one not knowing what you were buying, rang Microsoft with a bunch of complaints that really had nothing to do with them, especially the BF4 one, and expected them to give you two 65 euro games for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm not reading all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭dor83

Ms have never once claimed that the One would be backwards compatible and from the moment they announced it they have said it would not be, so that is your own fault for not checking that. Like Tyrrell said, the BF4 problems are nothing to do with MS, EA are the people you should complain to about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    So you basically bought an xbox one without checking ANY of the specs or features, a quick google would have told you none of the old 360 games were compatible. And also, the BF4 issue is common on PS4 too, it's nothing to do with Microsoft, it's EA.

So just to summarise, you foolishly bought an xbox one not knowing what you were buying, rang Microsoft with a bunch of complaints that really had nothing to do with them, especially the BF4 one, and expected them to give you two 65 euro games for free.

that's the jist i got but didn't want to comment as there was no way in hell i was reading that properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

You REALLY should have done some research.

It was obvious from the get go that there'd be no backwards compatibility for XBox One or PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€18 cash for your games, lesson here don't trade in with ripoff merchants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,209 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone else feel sorry for Andy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

you went out and spent 500 on a machine that you knew nothing about for your son, that was your fault and your fault only..
    the machine was doing what is was suppose to do, if you done any research at all even just google xbox one
    you would of had all the answers you needed to make a judgment of buying the console or not
    bf4 is ea servers not microsoft servers

and expecting over 120e worth of games free because of your foolish mistake had me laughing :L I feel sorry for the support guy who had to listen to you for the past hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Andy: at 14:40:38
    i understand how you feel wayne.. during the release of the One console, all the information was released including game compatibility...
    you: at 14:41:42
    Yes On a web site tucked away on the internet some where

lol

also
    And before I could tell him that I was taking this matter further he hung up on me

You said you had to go, and said goodbye. Andy (the poor lad) then left the conversation open for 5 minutes without a response from you before closing it.

You made a mistake, quit pointing the finger and looking for compensation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

That is what I got from the chat too. OP - You really don't have a leg to stand on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

The only thing i learned here is that OP is a lazy b*stard and looks to blame everyone but himself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Also, i hope "Andy" does see this thread :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

SO the OP is pissed because he can't use Google?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Surely the OP is joking? I dont even own a console, and I know this is ridiculous. Andy really got a hard time of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭husky7

Did you trade in the Xbox 360 , if not your son can still play the games as his Xbox live account will work on both consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

this one would fit at home in "cries of retail". Sorry OP, this one is all on you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

This car I bought isn't a boat . My old boat never sank..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Ha, can't wait for the OP to post again, I don't think this thread has gone how he expected. He comes across as very lazy and stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

"see what the consumer has to say about this."

Seems the consumer agrees with Andy on every point.

Someone that has never been on the customer service representatives side tends to act like this. I feel for Andy, I've been there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Andy seems like a top guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

I feel sorry for the customer support workers that have to deal with this kind of complaint, with the literacy level of a 12 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Nolimits wrote: »
    Ha, can't wait for the OP to post again, I don't think this thread has gone how he expected. He comes across as very lazy and stupid.

That's not really fair, he's a father and I wouldn't expect him to know much about backwards compatability or console specs (not a blanket generalisation by the way I'm sure plenty do). He was trying to do something nice for his son which I understand but he needs to accept that his lack of research has cost him and he can't expect to be compensated for that.

That's not really fair, he's a father and I wouldn't expect him to know much about backwards compatability or console specs (not a blanket generalisation by the way I'm sure plenty do). He was trying to do something nice for his son which I understand but he needs to accept that his lack of research has cost him and he can't expect to be compensated for that.

Well it was his own ignorance that cost him, then he tried to project blame onto everyone but himself while giving the customer service representative a hard time. Very hard to have sympathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

He spends about €500 on a console without doing any research? Can't have much in the way of sympathy there. Fool and his money and all that. The son can still play the games on his 360 if he wants to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Locked, for what should be obvious reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

davo2001 wrote: »
    The only thing i learned here is that OP is a lazy b*stard and looks to blame everyone but himself!
    Nolimits wrote: »

I've zero tolerance for personal abuse lads, so infractions given. Please keep it civil

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement