Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropped from up to 24mb to 8mb without warning.

Options
  • 07-01-2014 6:25pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So my broadband went down just now and when it came back up im syncing @ 8mb instead of up to 24 mb that im paying for.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The joy, yet another issue with eircom, sitting waiting on support for 35 minutes.
    Seems to me someone dropped my line down to 8mb instead of someone who asked for it to be done.
    Whatever it is better be sorted by tomorrow or i will simply refuse to pay another cent.
    Sick and tired of eircom issues.

So i got through  to support and they told me there is a fault in the line , yet again.
    I dont understand because the phone line is down yet i have broadband all be it dropped down to a lower speed,how can this be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Dcully wrote: »
    So i got through  to support and they told me there is a fault in the line , yet again.
    I dont understand because the phone line is down yet i have broadband all be it dropped down to a lower speed,how can this be?
    Hi Dcully
    I have had this checked and there does indeed appear to be an issue affecting your line. This appears to be close to your local exchange and will be investigated by technical crew there. It can happen that a line might be able to provide voice but not broadband service, or vice versa. This does appear to be case here. In this instance there appears to be a short on line which would affect broadband delivery. Our technicians will resolve this as soon as they can.
    Tony

Much appreciated Tony thanks a lot.

Much appreciated Tony thanks a lot.
    No problem Dcully, we will try and push for you. I have just PM'd you with fault works ref number to track if you need this. But if you post us we can do this for you.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot Tony

Any update on this guys?
    Im without phone and broadband is still down to 3-7 mb.
    Eircom vans allover the town the last 2 days but none seem to be bothering with my issue.
    Its incredibly frustrating.

Any update on this guys?
    Im without phone and broadband is still down to 3-7 mb.
    Eircom vans allover the town the last 2 days but none seem to be bothering with my issue.
    Its incredibly frustrating.
    Hi Dcully
    I have spoken with the assigned technician and he will be on this tomorrow. Unfortunately the reason for all the vans all over town is that weather has caused a huge number of faults, we are receiving something like 2000 faults a day due to weather conditions alone..
    He has made sure that your job is prioritised for tomorrow and I hope resolved.
    I will chase him again in morning.
    I understand the frustration there Dcully, but we are pushing as much as possible.
    Tony

Thanks Tony, i just wanted an update if possible which you have provided thanks a lot.

Advertisement