Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grolsch beer bottles wanted for home brew

Options
  • 07-01-2014 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Im looking for grolsch beer bottles (the ones with ceramic swing cap)

As close to Cork or Midleton as possible - can collect any amount.
    Empty (but can manage with full ones with plesure)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

Ill keep an ear to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

full ones cost more )

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Try contacting some specialty beer pubs like The Bierhaus or Mad Monk: they have to pay to dispose of bottles so might be happy to let you take them. Flensburger Pils and Weizen bottles are better than Grolsch because they're brown and half-litre. A few other German breweries we get here do brown half-litre swingtops as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fdx

dublin is a little far away...
    but good idea I might check some pubs in Cork

for now I just ordered some bottles from homebrew internet shop.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

fdx wrote: »
    dublin is a little far away...
    but good idea I might check some pubs in Cork
    Try The Bierhaus on Pope's Quay, or the Mad Monk on Church Lane in Midleton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 fdx

ups....

I'm not realy up to date with pubs... even locals...
    two small kids in da house and nite out is nearly impossible...

Thank you for info. will have to check mad monk at least once a week and make some bottles empty in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

What bottles did you get in the end?

Alpack and I think Home Brew West do brown swing tops the cheapest of all suppliers (but we are still talking over a euro each when bought in bulk).

If you really need bottles for a brew, and aren't too fussy plastic PET bottles (screw cap) are cheap and practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Will you be able to sterilise the lids? I bought caps and a little device to snap them onto large Guinness bottles.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Will you be able to sterilise the lids? I bought caps and a little device to snap them onto large Guinness bottles.

Just throw the lids into your sterilising solution whenever you're doing the bottles.

Advertisement