Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert Geography

• 07-01-2014 7:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi there,

I've decided to start Higher Level Geography, as I do 3 ordinary level subjects, and would like to 'cancel' one of them out. Does anyone have any tips on where to start if i'm going it alone.? I've bought the less stress more success book, the LC big book, and exam papers. Would a good plan be to go page by page from the start? And lastly am I leaving this two late even though I did do junior cert geography and got a B..I am in the second term on 5th year? I do plan to do some study over the Summer, and possibly get grinds towards the end of next year?

Thanks lads,

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Have you made arrangements for your Field Study?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

spurious wrote: »
    Have you made arrangements for your Field Study?

Yes, the Geography teacher within my school said it wouldn't be a problem for me to come along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

peterk675 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I've decided to start Higher Level Geography, as I do 3 ordinary level subjects, and would like to 'cancel' one of them out. Does anyone have any tips on where to start if i'm going it alone.? I've bought the less stress more success book, the LC big book, and exam papers. Would a good plan be to go page by page from the start? And lastly am I leaving this two late even though I did do junior cert geography and got a B..I am in the second term on 5th year? I do plan to do some study over the Summer, and possibly get grinds towards the end of next year?

Thanks lads,

Definitely not too late I've taken it up since the start of sixth year and am doing just fine. I'm not sure what the less stress more success books are like but there are a number of other books which are more focused on giving you the essays you need.
    Exam Skills by Mentor Books
    Model Answers by Educate.ie
    Geography SRPs by Edco

I would recommend that you get two of these books and combine the points in them to form your own cohesive essays. In addition, you should get some of the class notes off other people in your year doing geography.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Burkey95

Well lads, would ye have a sample answer on the culture and identity section. I need a sample answer for race and one on religion as a cultural indicator. I'd appreciate any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Boardbud

! Seriously stuck on what i could study , what do you think would i be covered with : waterfall , ox bow lake , measurements of earthquakes , sustainable development , MNC dell , igneous rocks , human interaction with rivers and rocks (yangtzee river + quarrying ) , financial services in ireland , conflict over the corrib gas , culture in india , and for the biome im goint to risk it as i only have the characteristics studied , and dont have enough time to study another 2 biome essays ! Do you honestly think im covered or what could i add ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement