Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity bras

Options
  • 07-01-2014 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

Maternity bras are reduced in Penneys in Mary Street from 10 to €4.All sizes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ohhh wonder if it's the same in Blanch... might have to make a trip down tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

dubstarr wrote: »
    Maternity bras are reduced in Penneys in Mary Street from 10 to €4.All sizes.

Ohhh I wonder what size do they go up to?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

What's the difference with maternity bras and normal bras? Are they just not underwired?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

yup:)
    and breastfeeding bras have no wire and a clip on them to make it easier to feed.
    This is the 1st pregnancy that I am still wearing normal bras at this stage and omg it is so much more comfortable!! towards the end I will switch to feeding ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

I'm almost 5 months and still wearing underwired bras.. Maybe I should get maternity ones! I don't know how I will cope without underwire.. I have big boobs! Although they haven't got any bigger really!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I've never used maternity bras... Need an underwire... I think Penneys maternity bra's are also nursing bra's though, although I'm not 100% on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

The underwire used to give me a pain in my chest like I couldn't breathe. My size didn't change much on the last pregnancy but the relief when I moved to non wired bras was amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I find my maternity bras SO comfy, I mightn't even go back to underwired ones after!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I find my maternity bras SO comfy, I mightn't even go back to underwired ones after!

I wonder is it a size thing ? I remember longing for normal bras again .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I wonder is it a size thing ? I remember longing for normal bras again .

I don't think so, I've always gotten fitted for bras. I find the M&S maternity bras provide just as much support even without underwire, they just seem to really suit me! I've a couple of nice ones too that don't even look like maternity bras.

Haven't gotten any nursing bras yet, I'm thinking it probably makes sense to wait until the kid is born and see if there are any changes then! I've gone from a 36EE to a 34C since getting pregnant. :(

.... Just realised while typing that, that it's probably the fact that they've gotten smaller is why I'm more comfortable, nothing to do with the bra. I never thought of that! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I never used maternity bras as they were so expensive but the ones out of Penneys are great.I used them on teh last baby.I seen size ee in the maternity bras
    They are right at teh back of the shop nearly facing the escalators that lead on to Parnell Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I've gone from a 36gg to 40jj :eek: I was convinced that I wouldn't be able to find any maternity bra big or supportive enough :o When I started approaching the end of the alphabet and was spending €40-€50 a go for bras with underwire that felt like a boa constrictor around my middle, I knew something had to change :( After scouring online and trying a few different brands, I finally found the Royce nursing maternity bra. It fits perfectly and is very comfy and supportive :) From most sites they cost around £26+ STG but I've found a seller on amazon that has them for £15 STG (although they only have 1 style and colour). I'm praying that these puppies go back to their original size (or even smaller! ) after the baby is born :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Check out nursingbrashop.co.uk, they often have great bargains on all types of nursing bras :)

Advertisement