Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price of 2 garden walls

Options
  • 07-01-2014 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm shopping around to get 2 side walls built in my garden back in Ireland.

Would be a block wall. 3 feet high and roughly 25 feet in length each side. The job would involve removing an existing fence each side. Also widening of the existing gate which will involve removing a pillar and part of the wall. A new pillar will be built and gates put up.

I got one price of 1500. 2 men for 2 days. Price includes all materials and labor.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi I'm shopping around to get 2 side walls built in my garden back in Ireland.

Would be a block wall. 3 feet high and roughly 25 feet in length each side. The job would involve removing an existing fence each side. Also widening of the existing gate which will involve removing a pillar and part of the wall. A new pillar will be built and gates put up.

I got one price of 1500. 2 men for 2 days. Price includes all materials and labor.

Thanks.

Is this a front gate? Will it require planning permission?

On a side note, i got a cash price today to build a back garden wall, 90 feet long and 6 feet high. Mini digger for foundations, cavity blocks used and labour all in for circa €1200. (Dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

kceire wrote: »
    Is this a front gate? Will it require planning permission?

On a side note, i got a cash price today to build a back garden wall, 90 feet long and 6 feet high. Mini digger for foundations, cavity blocks used and labour all in for circa €1200. (Dublin)

Yes it is a front gate. Planning permission is approved. In Dublin.

Full work to be done is:

Removal of a metal fence cemented into the ground where walls will go
    Foundations dug and filled
    50 foot long wall by 3 feet high
    Removal of a pillar and section of the wall
    New pillar built with an abbey slot system to remaining section of front wall

The break down of labor is 960 euro for 2 days work by 2 guys.

Just have no idea if that's reasonable or not. Basically 30 euro an hour for each guy on an 8 hour day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes it is a front gate. Planning permission is approved. In Dublin.

Full work to be done is:

Removal of a metal fence cemented into the ground where walls will go
    Foundations dug and filled
    50 foot long wall by 3 feet high
    Removal of a pillar and section of the wall
    New pillar built with an abbey slot system to remaining section of front wall

The break down of labor is 960 euro for 2 days work by 2 guys.

Just have no idea if that's reasonable or not. Basically 30 euro an hour for each guy on an 8 hour day.

I think it's a good/fair/reasonable price to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

kceire wrote: »
    I think it's a good/fair/reasonable price to be honest.

That's cool so. Just had no idea of how much it would cost. Thanks for your input.

Advertisement