Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Newbridge

Options
  • 07-01-2014 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Personally I use whitewater all the time. It's €1.30 per hour after 3 hours theirs a day rate of €4. So €4 is the most you'll pay. On street parking or at the county grounds the wardens will nail you if your ticket runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Phoenix wrote: »
    Are the wardens that clinical in their job?

Very vigilant !!

Are the wardens that clinical in their job?
    The gestapo kicked them out for being so strict. I seen them one day do a car beside me that was 3 mins over the time.

• Advertisement

I've only once seen them get hassle. One day while in the gaa car park the ticket machines were out of tickets. Rather than replace them the warden started ticketing people. Second car he was about to do was belonging to a Garda from the station next door. Garda threatened to arrest him if he touched his car and made him remove the ticket from the other car.

The cop said he'd do him for interfering illegally with peoples cars if he ticketed anyone before the machine was replaced. He got the guys bosses number and rang him.

Was sweet to watch the warden squirm.

Come to think of it I haven't seen that guy since.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Whitewater would be my first choice too.

Don't want to seem like I'm shilling for them or anything but Monday-Wednesday if you park before midday you can get free parking if you have a receipt from one of the shops in whitewater. Just go to customer service with your parking ticket and receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

The wardens in newbridge are something else. Years ago when esb still had the shop I brought a man in who had a wooden leg. He had no disability sticker with h but I parked in the spot outside the esb anyway and stayed with the car. The woman who was a warden at the time have me a ticket even though he took off the leg and showed her. I couldn't believe it ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

:eek: are they really that bad?

No they are not. They give 10 min grace period. You don't get a ticket for 3 min over. That's bs.

But they are vigilant - that's why it's quite easy to get parking in the town. They won't allow all day parkers take up prime spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 68,847 ✭✭✭✭L1011

KCC wardens are the most strict I have ever encountered; down to my three day old van getting a ticket for no tax disc in Kildare Town once. Still a case of play by the rules and don't get caught though.

sandin wrote: »
    No they are not. They give 10 min grace period. You don't get a ticket for 3 min over. That's bs.

But they are vigilant - that's why it's quite easy to get parking in the town. They won't allow all day parkers take up prime spaces
    Bollox. What I posted is exactly what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I use the car park behind Xtravision. Easiest to get in and out of.

Avoid the APCOA car parks [Timbercraft, Water Tower, Behind ESB shop]. More expensive, machines are sometimes out of order and they clamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Mate of mine is a warden in Newbridge (APCOA).
    He's been told to give 10 minutes grace.

Also, some of the stories about what he's had to deal with are shocking.

I used the APCOA carparks for a while. I'd park at 7.00am and get the bus to Dublin. Their machines were out of order on at least six occasions in the space of a few months. I stopped parking there in the end because I was afraid of being clamped and was sick of a) having to leave a explanatory note on my dashboard and b) ringing APCOA to let them know the machine was f*cked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

Newbridge is a crazy place for parking.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Was in Newbridge again yesterday walking outside pennys when a warden was giving a ticket to a car parked on double yellow lines,thing is there was kids in the car and he was taking pictures:confused:the mother ran across the road from the aib atm going mental at the warden that warden was fair busy id say
    The only double yellow near pennys are almost at the lights - feckers who park there, even for a couple of minutes, can cause traffic backup immediately and so 100% deserve a ticket.

Kids in a car are not "free parking" tokens.

Next time the lazy b will find a less stupid place to park.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MF2HD

Of all the things that could be said about Newbridge, whinging about the lack of parking is so odd.

There are at least 3 multi storey carparks and about 5 flat car parks, each charging about €1.30 or there abouts per hour. Try Naas for parking if you want a real parking challenge.

MF2HD wrote: »
    Of all the things that could be said about Newbridge, whinging about the lack of parking is so odd.

There are at least 3 multi storey carparks and about 5 flat car parks, each charging about €1.30 or there abouts per hour. Try Naas for parking if you want a real parking challenge.
    You're mistaken. There's 2 multistory car parks in newbridge. There's 2 flat car parks that I know of that allow all day parking and I'm not so sure of the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MF2HD

Still a heap of parking no matter what way you look at it, enough that people shouldn't be bothering the wardens by parking at the double yellow lines.

I was counting the 3 seperate entrances at the back of white water as the 3 multi storey carparks. And shame on me I was counting Lidl, Dunnes, XtraVision, back of postoffice and opposite Newbridge silver as the 5 other car parks off the top of my head.

I stand justly corrected.

Two of the APCOA car parks [Water Tower and Timbercraft] have unreliable ticket machines.

Advertisement