Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF Players from NI

Options
  • 07-01-2014 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Do we have any??

On steam that is :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Yep. I'm on there. Kanped1. Blag is there, too. Not sure about Cobelcog.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Uphoria

I think I already have you on friends list!

Aidedchalice

Yep, you do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Uphoria

Where in carrick mate?

Im just up the road In Greenisland

Uphoria wrote: »
    Where in carrick mate?

Im just up the road In Greenisland

Kinda between the leisure centre and Downshire church.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

What's with the sudden influx of NI players? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Why not START a new series of events lads? If there is interest, go start a tourney. Its fairly easy and if something was strategically timed, I am sure some of us southern lads would come up for fights "/

The venue was available due to connections with the SU via Dragon Slayers i.e. it was there anyway, with setups. Other than for Q-Con I don't know if any of the SU guys would have any interest, especially for an exclusive fighting game event.

Booking a venue when you can expect 3-6 entrants (mybe 12 if you guys also show up?) in 1 game and almost nothing in any others seems like a step too far for the scene up here right now. when over half of the expected turnout would be coming from Dublin, it's probably just easier to hold events there.

Kanped wrote: »
    Booking a venue when you can expect 3-6 entrants (mybe 12 if you guys also show up?) in 1 game and almost nothing in any others seems like a step too far for the scene up here right now. when over half of the expected turnout would be coming from Dublin, it's probably just easier to hold events there.

No doubt, but we will be doing that anyway. I just saw a few northern folk on here asking about events up north, that's all. We will be running events all year I would say and would hope that everyone from all over the country will make it to them, but as in Cork and Galway, local regular meetups help grow the scene

...and as for SU, you never know till you ask :)

ayjayirl wrote: »
    No doubt, but we will be doing that anyway. I just saw a few northern folk on here asking about events up north, that's all. We will be running events all year I would say and would hope that everyone from all over the country will make it to them, but as in Cork and Galway, local regular meetups help grow the scene

...and as for SU, you never know till you ask :)

True, true. I think Yravel did mention something about bringing the RanBats back. It'd be nice to do it somewhere were we could a) drink, b) have prize money from the pot and c) play money matches if we wanted to but if there's a setup we can use Tuesdays and Saturdays, that's hard to argue against.

• Advertisement

I think back in the day we used to host event nights at various peoples houses. This was of course invite only cause its peoples homes, but it worked out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Uphoria wrote: »
    Do we have any??

its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

There haven't been events in a long time since most of the previous organisers dropped out of the scene and nobody has stepped up to replace them.

I've thought about it a few times, I'm not particularly well connected with the guys running the gaming society but I'm sure something could be negotiated if we wanted to run something.

The real problem has been the complete lack of local players and interest but we had a great turnout last night so if that continues we could try and get something small-scale going and see how it develops (ranbats would probably be a good start).

We could probably do small scale stuff on normal Saturday sessions without any mad extra effort, as long as there's a staffer with access to the store we can do our own setup and teardown, we'd just need to negotiate if we wanted to keep the place accessible for longer hours to do bigger events.

A while back there were also rules that prevented the giving of cash prizes because this was somehow seen as the university endorsing gambling but I think that was worked around eventually, I seem to remember there being cash prizes at the last event we had - but obviously that's something we'd have to double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

I'm from the north too, steam tag is MelficeVKM. I play AE and KOFXIII

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big Gaskin

I have steam too, it's Big Gaskin

Advertisement