Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow burner or crock pot?

Options
  • 07-01-2014 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,468 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Do you mean a slow cooker? If so, yes, they are one and the same thing. I think crock pot is more of a US name.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,468 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Can't help you there, but there's a few threads here or in the top-level food and drink forum. Just enter 'Slow Cooker' in the search box for the forum and you'll find them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think crock pot is more of a brand name, like Hoover. I could be wrong though, but either way, they're the same thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Faith wrote: »
    I think crock pot is more of a brand name, like Hoover.

I do too - they seem to call them crock pots in the US.

Phoenix, if you have the space for it I'd get the 6.5l size because then you can do a whole chicken or large joint of pork for pulled pork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Poco90

I was in Argos the other day and they had a few on offer with 25 to 33 % off. Check out their website for reviews and prices. I was half tempted to buy one to try it on Sparks pulled pork!

Advertisement