Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Information to begin using account

Options
  • 07-01-2014 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Gonna run through this to keep it short, sweet and to the point.

Signed up to a student account in college giving my e-mail, phone number and I believe address.
    Received a visa debit card right there, which is active and i have the PIN for.
    Was later contact via phone to fix a problem with my email.
    Received an email apologising for the confusion and saying all details were included.
    Have yet to be given an account number, or any follow up materials.
    I phone customer services and my details are correct and account is active, but I don't know were to start for using my account.

Additional info, the email contained no information for me directly, only attachments of documents such as T's&C's and other bank pamphlets.
    I'm sure I was given some documents that contained all the necessary info at the time, but put simply I'm an eejit.

Aside from the obvious of what now, is there anyway I can get them to send out all info I need and have already set up so that I can start making use of my account.

Thanks for any help and just being awesome in general guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi drumbear,

Thanks for you post and welcome to Bank of Ireland.

To start using your Visa Debit card you will first need to activate this at a Bank of Ireland ATM by asking for a balance or making a withdrawal.

From what you have explained in your post it appears that you have received all the follow up documentation you will need for this account. For security reasons we would not send you your account number via email. However, you can call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 / 00353 1404 4000 where upon verification of some security questions and your Visa Debit card number, the representative will be happy to provide you with your account number.

Also, at this point they can assist you with setting up your personal 365Online account where you can view and manage your details 24 hours a day. Once your 365Online account is up and running you can also sign up for estatements. 

We hope this helps getting you started and if we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 drumbear

Massive thanks Elaine, big help, and can I just say i love the service on here. Very nice to be able to see all the differing queries and the quick responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi drumbear,

You're more than welcome. We are delighted we could help.

Thank you for your kind feedback and I will share your comments with the team.

Elaine

Advertisement