Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech therapy assessment - what to expect?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Roesy wrote: »
    PECS is great, used use elements of TEACCH too, found the structure very useful too. Used have a little pecs book attached to my belt with a springy keychain thingy. I was all style! Spent some time working as an ABA tutor too. If I'm honest, I used find mainstream a teensy bit boring at the start when I went back to it :pac:

I had the pecs book on a springy chain AND a book on gross and fine motor skills, also on a springy chain. All style :pac:

I love your old job! I couldn't do regular teaching but I'd love to work in a special needs unit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I had the pecs book on a springy chain AND a book on gross and fine motor skills, also on a springy chain. All style :pac:

I love your old job! I couldn't do regular teaching but I'd love to work in a special needs unit :)

hubby thinks I look back on it with rose tinted glasses :) I'm off on maternity leave at the moment and called back for the Christmas play. My first class in the school are all in sixth class now. Such a proud mammy moment. Was close to tears!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Well we went to ent and he has fluid in both ears and needs grommets. We are lucky enough to be able to get them done next week so fingers crossed that solves the problem. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for all the support!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

CaraMay wrote: »
    Well we went to ent and he has fluid in both ears and needs grommets. We are lucky enough to be able to get them done next week so fingers crossed that solves the problem. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for all the support!!

Ah the wee pet. It can be very painful to have a build up of fluid, I would imagine. Delighted you got an answer today! I'm sure he'll be flying it within a few months of getting the grommets in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

CaraMay wrote: »

Awh thats exactly our situation. Let me know how it goes my daughter is booked in for 29th of this month.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Suucee wrote: »
    Awh thats exactly our situation. Let me know how it goes my daughter is booked in for 29th of this month.

I will definitely let you know. Fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That is great news:)
    I can not believe the public system is so bad.

Advertisement