Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs and Nightclubs

• 07-01-2014 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

I'm heading for Limerick City next sat night. Not too familiar with the city so I'm just wondering where are the best pubs and nightclubs to go to.

I'm aged 29 from galway. Anyone familiar with galway, the front door and the quays would be my kind of pubs and halo as my nightclub

Thanks for your help in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Everybody will recommend Nancy Blake's to you, but on a weekend night (esp. Saturday), it's a hell hole. Way too packed, too loud, lots of people down from the mountains.

Not familiar with those Galway pubs you've mentioned, but in Limerick I'd recommend Tom Collins, Flannery's (on Catherine Street, near Tom Collins), The Blind Pig, Mickey Martin's and Bourke's.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 greenpower

Thanks for that much appreciated!

Is icon the nightclub every goes to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Good recommendations there you can't go wrong starting around Thomas/Catherine st and finishing on Denmark st. Paddy Frawleys and Phil Flannerys worth mentioning too.

IMO for late bar, Nancy's is the lesser of three evils, hate Big Fla's and Smyths.

Costellos is an alternative pub/nightclub a bit of a trek after the late bars but worth the walk/taxi.

Nightclubs there's Angel Lane, Icon(part of Smyths) and Crush 87 all muck. Icon probably the best of a bad lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Probably better off ending up in the market quarter - lots of pubs beside eachother - cobblestone Joe's, old quarter, the new craft beer place, smyths, the office, the library, big flas, nancys, Icon, Angle lane, - all within a couple of mins walk from each other. I'm not saying they are all brilliant and everyone will have a different opinion but ye will find something ye like there. Even though the opposite was already said my choice would probably be Nancys. It does get very busy in a sat night but town will be quiet enough in January. Always find Nancys to have a good atmosphere and if the courtyard is too wedged I head into the front bar. Agree with starting in Tom Collins for a couple of quiet ones tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 greenpower

Cheers for all the help folks, appreciated!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

tommy249 wrote: »
    Always find Nancys to have a good atmosphere and if the courtyard is too wedged I head into the front bar.

Having being in there a few times I just was not impressed at all. Courtyard is much like a cattle mart as far as I can see. Wouldn't have said anything about it only people rave about the place so much...much over-rated as far as I can but different strokes for different folks

Advertisement