Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Row Place, Christchurch, Dublin 8

Options
  • 07-01-2014 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm going to be viewing a 3-bed terraced house to rent (with 2 lads) at New Row Place, between Cork Street and St. Patrick's Cathedral.

I'm just looking for any thoughts on that area to live.

Would it be generally safe, etc.?

The house is close to the Dean Street end of the road, near Fallon's pub, so I'm a bit concerned that any passing...go-getters might decide to saunter down the street.

Any thoughts appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Nice quiet street, parking can be a pain but there might be parking included behind the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yeah, decent spot, that's a nice pub too.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

I echo what the two above posters have said. Decent area, decent pub.

I live further up towards Thomas street. it's a great area, only few mins walk from Dame st/Grafton St and then you're only few minutes from the cheap butchers and shops for groceries on Meath st and Thomas st

The area can have it's undesirables in view but I've had no hassle in the near 5 years I've been in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

You are about five minutes from Camden street there, ideal spot for three lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

What about buying there? Raising a family? Schools? Other half walking home from town at night etc. I'm aware of the amenities and pros
    of living in the area - close to town, some nice cafes, Fallons, the co-op, arty. I've been to the area but never at night.

I know it's different for everybody in what they will or will not put up with. I'm grand, no bother to me, it's the missus I'd be worried about!

• Advertisement
Advertisement