Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elder Scrolls Online

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I'm coming back on 17/3 - have to admit I did enjoy this and the fact that it's not Free to play has got me coming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I'm coming back on 17/3 - have to admit I did enjoy this and the fact that it's not Free to play has got me coming back.
    It is free to play, but also pay-to-win .... you can buy lots of stuff with Zen, which someone somewhere bought for cash. T6 ships are as far as I know only available with zen.... Have a look at the delta rising operations pack: 144 euros. One fecking hundred and fecking forty fecking four fecking euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

BigEejit wrote: »
    It is free to play, but also pay-to-win .... you can buy lots of stuff with Zen, which someone somewhere bought for cash. T6 ships are as far as I know only available with zen.... Have a look at the delta rising operations pack: 144 euros. One fecking hundred and fecking forty fecking four fecking euros.

Wrong game brah :D:D

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Is this one worth checking out? Looking for new MMO options after getting really tired of WoW!

Personally I think it is. Now that it's free to play. It's a very solid if not particularly deep MMO, the PVP is absolutely awesome fun if you get in with the right crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Curious, the Collector's Edition [And Deluxe I believe] gave you various perks... such as being able to play as an Imperial, and the capability of making any race for whatever faction... will those perks remain, or will it become an unlocked shop bought feature now like what SWTOR's done?

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Curious, the Collector's Edition [And Deluxe I believe] gave you various perks... such as being able to play as an Imperial, and the capability of making any race for whatever faction... will those perks remain, or will it become an unlocked shop bought feature now like what SWTOR's done?

Bought in the store but there are still various base packs to purchase giving you various different things. Although it F2P you still have to buy the game.

If, like me you forgot to patch the game any time recently, you might wanna go ahead and do that. It'll take a while :P

Bought in the store but there are still various base packs to purchase giving you various different things. Although it F2P you still have to buy the game.

Just gave the game a try, yeah.. seems you can unlock everything the CE gives through the store... but as a CE owner they're already unlocked.

Feel completely lost in the game atm, even though I got a level 41 Nightblade and 47 Sorc... >_<;

Just gave the game a try, yeah.. seems you can unlock everything the CE gives through the store... but as a CE owner they're already unlocked.

Feel completely lost in the game atm, even though I got a level 41 Nightblade and 47 Sorc... >_<;

Spent 4 hours last night sorting out my bank :D

I haven't played in a while just slowly getting back into the swing of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

fcuk me ... posting in wrong thread .... blaming daughter because I had to get up at 5:30 to bring her to buses for school trip this morning.

Might give it a go ... played open beta and the bots were just nuts, had to kill one mini boss and there were like 15 ish bots there that just instagibbed the boss continuously... tried for 20 minutes to tag the boss but apparently the bots had a much lower ping ... iirc there were plenty of broken quests too ...

I'm guessing that with a year of being live a lot of that crap has been fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

My God that was annoying. Hadn't played in a year. 3 hour download, all skills and attributes reset, played for 3 minutes and was kicked back to the login screen.

CHRIST!

My God that was annoying. Hadn't played in a year. 3 hour download, all skills and attributes reset, played for 3 minutes and was kicked back to the login screen.

CHRIST!

I noticed the game was causing my PC to drop from the network (wired LAN). Downloaded the latest drivers, been fine since.

Not only have the skills been reset a lot of them have changed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Seaneh wrote: »
    Just got a beta weekend invite for this weekends stress test. Anyone else here get one and planning on playing?

Was secretly hoping for controller support too. Notime a chance. Is there an auto skill assignment option?

BigEejit wrote: »
    Might give it a go ... played open beta and the bots were just nuts, had to kill one mini boss and there were like 15 ish bots there that just instagibbed the boss continuously... tried for 20 minutes to tag the boss but apparently the bots had a much lower ping ... iirc there were plenty of broken quests too ...

Pretty much one of the reasons why I stopped playing, the game was absolutely plagued with bots... bots running loops killing everything outside in questing areas, bots [AND players afk] farming solo dungeon bosses, bots force respawning gathering herb and mining nodes farming them 24/7...

Jez.
    Not only have the skills been reset a lot of them have changed!

Changed ? My Nightblade seems to be the exact same... :pac:

Didn't play all that much yesterday though, still haven't given a try on my Sorc yet... not till I get my bearings with the game again.

Took me a while to get the download yesterday. Had one DK around 40 and a Sorc at 14.
    Logged them both and and deposited their gold and crafting mats into the bank.
    Decided to start again from scratch with a new Sorc though and played through the tutorial again. It's different to what I remember. No weapon choice at the start. Just get given a two handed sword and run around bashing skulls in with it.
    Was given a nice bow after I finished the tutorial which suits me cause I wanna be a bow using Sorc to see how it fares. It was midnight by the time I got that far though so set research in the crafting stations and logged off. I'll probably play a little more later today.

Anyone using any mods? I downloaded Tactical Foundry Combat before I started. Just wondering if I can change the size of the unitframes?

• Advertisement

Loved playing my Sorc as a close ranged/melee [1h+shield] sort using the bound armor and the charged melee electrical thing along with the volcanic rune... was an absolute blast to play with, and pretty tanky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Playing with my sorc, using pets and crystal blasts. pretty tough.

Playing with my sorc, using pets and crystal blasts. pretty tough.

Doing similar but with a bow and mage fury too. Find is insanely easy.

Sneak power shot bow, mage fury, usually one shot from a bow will cause fury to explode. mod dead. If not, finish with shards or bow shot.
    Groups of mobs no prob so far either. At least 3 together. That's all I've faced off against. Very early levels for me though so that might be why :)

Noxin wrote: »
    Doing similar but with a bow and mage fury too. Find is insanely easy.

Sneak power shot bow, mage fury, usually one shot from a bow will cause fury to explode. mod dead. If not, finish with shards or bow shot.
    Groups of mobs no prob so far either. At least 3 together. That's all I've faced off against. Very early levels for me though so that might be why :)

Like I mentioned earlier, unless it's been nerfed since I last played it last year... get Volcanic Rune, spam it to permamently CC groups of mobs dead flying into the air. :pac:

Bah,

Accidentally killed a guard and now I'm on the run with a heavy bounty on my head.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tempted to try this if i buy it cheap somewhere.

Dcully wrote: »
    Tempted to try this if i buy it cheap somewhere.

I think the older boxes have been withdrawn as they want to sell it for the higher amount. Essentially we've been beta testers for the console launch. I don't really hold it against them as I've had fun with it and loads of people have come back over the last wee while.

I do hold the fact that there is no Fallout Online against them though! :D

Maybe a note for anyone on adverts to put the code up for a tenner or whatever as I know there would be a fair few people not coming back.

BTW Boardsie the AD guild is open for recruitment. My main is actually Daggerfall Covenant but so many seemed to join AD...

Anyway it more for giggles than anything else so feel free to PM me in game @hexim

I think the hardest boss to beat in this game is boredom. As much as i want to like the game, i just find myself questioning the fact i didnt enjoy the last 2 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Yeah i can only play a lil while before I quit, I think my longest session was 2 hours. I love my character but its just the same stuff over and over. Go here talk - go here get 7 items - go here break the things - go here kill a dude. Theirs no other types of missions and there is not much else to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Just out of curiosity, have you tried the PVP? As soon as you hit lvl 10 you can jump in to large scale battles, attacking castles etc

No not yet, im not a fan of PVP and i dont think my 2 handed sword sorcerer with pets will last too long.

One of the nice things about this is it's not 1vs1 or 5vs5, it's your faction against another faction. You can still be a lot of help to a group in pvp by using sieging and casting from afar.

Give it a go if you're looking for something new to try, all you need is a horse really

I am saving for a horse at the minute and i am not buying crowns so its gonna be a while yet i have about 12,000 gold.

The game is all about the PvP. If you don't like the PvP, being blunt, no point in playing. If you've been in any the campaaigns I, Bigusdicus and co run groups in you'll see it's a certain type of gobsh!te Jeremy Clarkson wannabes but it is great, great fun! Been a while I have to admit.

TBH if you're running with the Zerg no one cares of you're any good it's only the more organised groups.

I love the game but 2 hours of questing is about the max I can do unless I'm in a group that's good craic.

EDIT sorry this came across harsher than I meant. Some people love just playing the PvE, I do for shortish bursts. I've only ever had a 'session' on this game in PvP. It's just not deep enough IMHO to be a PvE only game - there isn't the raid content that something like EQ, EQ2 or WoW has, that said those games are older and more developed. In all honesty I've never seen questing done well GW2 came close but it always feels a bit sterile. Can't wait to see if EQN pull off what they say they're going to with ever changing zones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Have they put things you need behind crowns or is it more like guild wars 2 where its cosmetic, summoning bank and name change type stuff?

Thought the beta was ok but it wasnt something I was willing to pay a sub for. Still a bit pricey at 55 but maybe it will go on sale over the summer.

From what I can see it's cosmetic stuff and experience gain (10% exp buff) from the crowns store. The game is completely playable and enjoyable without paying for extras and (from what I can see) you can get all the same stat gear from questing/crafting/or buying from credit from taking part in the pvp area.

Have to say this is a pretty good summary:

In the Tamriel Unlimited launch trailer: LINK ... what is that "Champion System" @ 1:16 ?

Can't seem to find it ingame...! :pac:

Champion points are another type of experience, you gain them in the usual way, questing, killing mobs etc.

Don't know the shortcut to the champ point menu off the top of my head, just open your character page by hitting "C" and its a new tab beside the skills menu
    5aZ8aw_thumb.jpg

You can spend them on small stat boosts. The main thing to focus on when spending them is to take note of the passive bonuses that kick in automatically once you spend 10, 30, etc points in each point menu. Easy enough to respec if you make a mistake spending points so don't worry too much about it.

All the points you spend are active at the same time, you don't need to have that star sign active or anything.

In the Tamriel Unlimited launch trailer: LINK ... what is that "Champion System" @ 1:16 ?

Can't seem to find it ingame...! :pac:

They'll eventually do away with the VR ranks and go completely to CP. They're an amazing idea. 3600 of them to earn (they reckon you get 1 an hour roughly) but they're on all characters, after 50 I presume.

I think it'll really take the grind out of the game. You'll do 1-50 then just start doing CP, if you create a new toon you'll do 1-50 (learning to play) but then wham all the CP you have on you main is available for your new character.

Great system IMHO.

I think it'll really take the grind out of the game. You'll do 1-50 then just start doing CP, if you create a new toon you'll do 1-50 (learning to play) but then wham all the CP you have on you main is available for your new character.

Sounds a lot like the Paragon system in Diablo 3... :p

Sounds a lot like the Paragon system in Diablo 3... :p

It's the AA system from EQ! :D

It's the AA system from EQ! :D

Sadly I never tried EQ :(

• Advertisement

No uptake on Boardsie so that guild is closed but The Valour Legion (My old primary guild) is up and running again. DC based, no entry requirements but the GL is a bit gobby and most of the guys know how to play. Having said that everyone is welcome and we have a bit of craic. Strictly 18+ ideally with headphones on! :P

Game has been very glitchy over the past 48 hours

No uptake on Boardsie so that guild is closed

I'd have joined but I'm Ebonheart pact, fair play to you for starting one up though.

Yeah had two crashes in the past day or so, unusual for ESO though, it's usually stable enough

I haven't noticed any glitches and I play a lot, 7 hours today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got an email for a welcome back weekend weekend, never bought the game but take it was the original beta test that got me it.

16-20 Of April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Varik wrote: »
    Got an email for a welcome back weekend weekend, never bought the game but take it was the original beta test that got me it.

16-20 Of April.

Yea got that too, although I wont be going near it - says the client download is 80GB! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

80gb :eek: feckin hell i mite try it, my friend was talking about it the other week so i mite jump on if he does. Although ive little interest in it was not impressed with the beta/pre launch event.

Game played fine this evening. But so many bugs last night. Now I was doing pve and taking a break from PvP.

bleh wont even send me my account id :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Varik wrote: »

16-20 Of April.

Me too, sadly I have exams after that weekend so wont get to avail of it :(

download speed for this is so slow cant get more than 2mb/s zzzz

• Advertisement
Advertisement