Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elder Scrolls Online

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

It is an MMO; there will be no offline mode.

Welcome too the game bud. If you wants guild invite either message me in game GodlessMimicry, or here will do fine.

On a different note, has anyone had any luck collecting in-game trophies? I found two early on in play and none ever since. Also found that the merchants and beggars don't register for the two achievements attached to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Wasn't sure them trophies actually did anything i tend to just sell them when I find them or complete missions .

3 of us are getting on for pvp/caves tonight if anyone is about .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

How is the the loot and crafting system, with Skyrim after a certain point there was not any real use for looting, as you would not find anything better than you could craft, is it the same with this or can you find better items by looting or doing dungeons, such as in WoW and GW.

Just logged in there , did the update .

Eso plus was added and working and it looks like the crown store added the coins again !

I was originally given the coins when I sent email to support but logged in today and had 3k coins sitting there again !

Xenji wrote: »
    How is the the loot and crafting system, with Skyrim after a certain point there was not any real use for looting, as you would not find anything better than you could craft, is it the same with this or can you find better items by looting or doing dungeons, such as in WoW and GW.

Well breaking down gear is part of crafting so I loot everything pretty much .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

Eldoco wrote: »
    Wasn't sure them trophies actually did anything i tend to just sell them when I find them or complete missions .

Some create a unique emote type animation, then there's the shadowsilk gem which will give you the disguise of a goblin (from an EP quest). The ones that you get from enemies (e.g. chattering skull, draugr hand), count towards certain achievements, but you need to use the trophy like you'd use a recipe (will consume it) for it to count towards the achievement from what I've noticed(*Never mind, got that wrong, they're counted either way) - you can get these types of trophies more than once, not quest ones though).

If anyone plays on PC, feel free to add me (@raveni). If you're looking for any guilds (Trading/New player friendly), I can throw you a few invites. Also have DPS V14 and lvl22 Healer (both EP).

You don't need to use achievement trophies to get them to count. They count once you pick them up. I just sold mine off once I found them.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Sorry being really busy elduco as I'm going on hols next week for three weeks and thanks for the explaination. I'm a good bit away from having enough traits for most sets

seanand wrote: »
    Sorry being really busy elduco as I'm going on hols next week for three weeks and thanks for the explaination. I'm a good bit away from having enough traits for most sets

3 weeks ,nice ! I can make up to 6 trait sets at the moment so if you need any done just give me a shout.

• Advertisement

3 weeks ,nice ! I can make up to 6 trait sets at the moment so if you need any done just give me a shout.

Ya that would be excellent mate, what can I do for you in return? I use a staff so I can have a 5 and 2 set? What I'm looking at is songs of lamae 2 set and willows path 5 set, all light except 2 heavy chest and leg. If read that's a good way to do it

I'm finding it very hard to get the last three levels from 47-50 to get to get one any tips?

I'm finding it very hard to get the last three levels from 47-50 to get to get one any tips?

Just do all the caves and group dungeons etc, am on now I'd you need any armour or help win anything .

Just do all the caves and group dungeons etc, am on now I'd you need any armour or help win anything .
    Never actually done a dungeon, just join queue is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Thibus

Seems to be little need to do dungeons.
    Are they not worth it just for improving gear, if nothing else?

You don't need to do them just get good exp completing them , I just completed all the ebon heart pact 4 player ones yesterday

• Advertisement

Sorry mate I won't be able to get back on today. But Ya I died three times while I was on with you, now one was unavoidable as we got overrun but I def die way too fast

Sorry mate I won't be able to get back on today. But Ya I died three times while I was on with you, now one was unavoidable as we got overrun but I def die way too fast

Cool man , yeah it's lot harder when it's just 2. We try organise a night that suits most people and we can get on for pvp or group dungeon run.

The key to that is not to have the highest leveled player as group leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Jsut received the game as a gift yesterday. Hoping to get a proper go of it this evening. What's it like? Is there a strong community of players? I've played quite a few MMOs in my day and one of the biggest turn-offs are empty zones.

Jsut received the game as a gift yesterday. Hoping to get a proper go of it this evening. What's it like? Is there a strong community of players? I've played quite a few MMOs in my day and one of the biggest turn-offs are empty zones.

I'm enjoying it so far and the game is fairly busy so that shouldn't be a problem.stick your name up here and godless wil add you to the guild few of us in there give you a dig out if needed .

• Advertisement

What he said.

PvP Friday evening gents?

GodlessM wrote: »
    What he said.

PvP Friday evening gents?

Just seen this now , yeah I should be on Friday evening.

anyone find any of the parts of the experience boost recipe, i think its called pjisic ambrosia, have 2/7 parts needed and if you come across these id be willing to buy them to be able to craft the exp boosters using provisioning.

Not sure. Haven't played in ages. MKX and Rocket League are taking up my time and just can't bring myself to play a meaty game at the moment.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Not sure. Haven't played in ages. MKX and Rocket League are taking up my time and just can't bring myself to play a meaty game at the moment.
    I'll be home next week after my holidays looking forward to playing this again

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Thibus

Going to try get back online thus weekend, just bought a house and been up the walls getting g everything sorted. Baby due next week so prob won't have a huge amount of time online

tried to get on last night and looks to be a new update , must have a look later on to see what additions they have made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

whats this like lads? ive a friend trying to convince me to get it, but if its just another wow/gw2 clone ive zero interest, is it skyrim online?

Skyrim online is a good description.

Yeah there is a few added things like the PvP online is pretty decent , few of us here in same guild aswell if you need a hand at the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Starmoon

Hey! I am playing Esotu, I am new in the game so I don´t know many things. I was wondering if there´s any irish guild?
    Thanks!!

Garrens Razor is the only one I know of. A good few of us here are in it, though I have no idea what activity in the game in general is like lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Can someone please send me an invite for the Garrens Razor guild, been doing a bit of PvP - only lvl 17 at the mo, but all these foreign accents are doing my nut and would prefer some consistency with groups etc.

I am trying to get myself going again but will make sure to get on at least to send the invite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

wow!

Boosting posts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

So honestly, is this any good? I played a bit during beta but wasn't blown away.

I thought it was pretty good when I was playing but it got samey alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fouro

There is a free play weekend coming up on PC and Xbox One for anyone who wants to check TESO out. Its a free keys promo with gaming websites listed on their website and over on the reddit community page (cannot post link as I'm a new user) to co-promote the $1m lifetime giveaway they are running. FWIW I played the beta pre-launch but never bothered buying it as it was not worth the sub to me at the time. I picked it up on sale after it went B2P and enjoy it as a chill no sub game. Worth a look. Just be warned the downloader is one of the slowest I've encountered and is best left run overnight. Also make sure to select the correct client before hitting download. There is a US and EU client and you dont want to have to download it twice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

http://www.pcgamer.com/win-one-of-10000-codes-for-the-elder-scrolls-online-free-weekend/

Here's a website giving out the keys. The $1m giveaway isn't available in Ireland unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Gonna give this a go and see if its any good. Any tips for a newbie?

Do the quests at the start, best way to lvl up.

Which platform ?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Which platform ?

Pc. I've played for a couple of hours its actually great fun. Only on level 5 but its a nice change to be able to pick up any weapon and have a go of it.

Just seen its now 24.99 on ps store as part of the 12 deal of xmas. Might last a day or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fouro

ESO is 60% off on the offical site and steam until Jan 4th - e21.99 for basic and e31.99 for imperial edition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

€30 PSN Jan sale. Tameriel Unlimited. Not sure what it is, but you can pick imperial. Just started this myself. Hoping to get a few hours in tonight. Thinking a Nord nightblade.

Any of the guildies still playing? May pick this up again when I am done with FFVII to try out the new Wrothgar region.

I have started to play it again recently

Had a few minutes yesterday so logged in to find all the skill points were reset. Pretty I didn't reset them the same way they were before either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Bought this for €12 on amazon. Tameriel Unlimted. Game just seems like a grind fest. Altho the solo delves are quite good!

• Advertisement
Advertisement