Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elder Scrolls Online

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I'm a PC gaming n00b. Would it be possible at all for this game to run OK on a 2012 Macbook Air? 4GB RAM. I've played a bit of WoW on it before but not much. Thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

My biggest issue with the beta was the massive amount of running about compared to time in combat.
    How is the finished game in this regard?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There's a bit to be fair. I've only just about cleared the starter area (around level 8), but there was a fair bit of running. Some of the quests were a good bit apart, and I didn't really mind it though, as i was crafting and doing my usual Elder Scrolls thing of 'ooh, whats over here...ohh, what's that thing?'. It might become a bit of a problem later, as the zones get bigger though.

Inventory space though, in an mmo...ugh! :(

Also, does anyone else get some bad screen tearing? Even with VSync on (in game and control panel), i still see some bad tearing at times. Really annoying. Game looks pretty excellent though, other than that.

The only other bug i've had is kind of hilarious. I get randomly thrown across the map. It's like i've used a Scroll of Icarian Flight for any of you Morrowind oldies out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Kiith wrote: »
    Also, does anyone else get some bad screen tearing? Even with VSync on (in game and control panel), i still see some bad tearing at times. Really annoying. Game looks pretty excellent though, other than that.

The only other bug i've had is kind of hilarious. I get randomly thrown across the map. It's like i've used a Scroll of Icarian Flight for any of you Morrowind oldies out there.

I get shot into the sky sometimes and a few game crashes but other than that everything seems fine

My character name is Kiith (user id is Kiith_Sa), and i'm in the Ebonheart Pact if anyone is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I'm a PC gaming n00b. Would it be possible at all for this game to run OK on a 2012 Macbook Air? 4GB RAM. I've played a bit of WoW on it before but not much. Thanks!

absolutely. i have a laptop from 2011 with a really crap graphics card and mediocre processor and i can run it smooth in medium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Graphics wise, like most MMO's, it scales very well. My 7970 decided to die on me so I ended up using the only other card I have, an 8800gts from 2007. Granted, I have everything on medium-ish settings, but it's running fine at 1920x1200.

p.s. Sorc with a Resto Staff is a lot of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Name in game is Essper in Ebonheart Pact at the moment .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

So decided to buy the game, started in a Daggerfall Covenant. It's got a lot better since beta. Hopefully I'll get to try out some of the pvp features this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Since "official release", i.e. today, the game is running a lot smoother.

Dunno what they did during their 4 hour downtime yesterday but everyone is agreeing it is running 100 times better now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Payday for me today. Think I'll treat myself to the boxed imperial edition....*drools*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Name is Kerplunk. hit me up for the bantz if you's like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Just incase your old school like me and buy games on release day from bricks and motar, you can get ESO from Argos for €50, really handy if your not near a gamestop or don't want to pay €5 extra or they are out of stock.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So how are people enjoying it?
    Ive never seen an MMO release with such little chat, could be a good thing though :)

There's lots of thing to do Dcully, I'm still quite enjoying the first area of the game :) Can't wait for the first dungeon, already have quest for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive never seen an MMO release with such little chat, could be a good thing though :)

Especially one with such a massive beta testing thread.

Dcully wrote: »

it's great fun. very enjoyable levelling, awesome pvp and cool dungeons. great crafting system too.

only problem really is bugged quests, i've come across several now in the first two zones alone. very annoying.

I still have no idea how most of the things work in this game, crafting included :) I've never played Elder Srolls so all of this is quite new to me...

• Advertisement

Hey, are EU servers down? I seem to have trouble logging in, I haven't played today yet and when I log into my account via the website it doesn't say that I have access to the game for 30 days.

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    Hey, are EU servers down? I seem to have trouble logging in, I haven't played today yet and when I log into my account via the website it doesn't say that I have access to the game for 30 days.

they want you to sign up for a subscription even when you have 30 days game time included in your original purchase. it won't come out of your account until 30 days tho, but still, it's really stupid. lot of people pissed off with that.

Yea figured it out already, so stupid though...what if after 30 days u decide that you no longer like the game. It seems like you have to have enough money in your bank account to even get your remaining 30 days. Looks like I'm going to the bank tomorrow after I'm done in college :)
    Edit: Double checked the bank account and there's enough money for the next 30 days though I still keep getting Transaction Not Authorized, seems like loads of other people are getting the same error message and are quite pissed about it. Haven't seen a single response from Zenimax yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I had no issues at all. I bought off g2p, so I was given 3 seperate keys to redeem. 1 for the early access. 1 for the explorers pack and 1 for the actual game. So make sure you've redeemed the right code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Yea figured it out already, so stupid though...what if after 30 days u decide that you no longer like the game. It seems like you have to have enough money in your bank account to even get your remaining 30 days. Looks like I'm going to the bank tomorrow after I'm done in college :)
    Edit: Double checked the bank account and there's enough money for the next 30 days though I still keep getting Transaction Not Authorized, seems like loads of other people are getting the same error message and are quite pissed about it. Haven't seen a single response from Zenimax yet.

You only sign up, your wont be charged till the 30 days are up. So generally you can set it up then cancel it. I have read a lot of people saying they were charged up front, which is weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lone Stone wrote: »
    You only sign up, your wont be charged till the 30 days are up. So generally you can set it up then cancel it. I have read a lot of people saying they were charged up front, which is weird.

You don't get charged up front, it's a card authorization to make sure the card is real, it takes the 12.99 out then refunds it immediately, although it may look like it's left your account longer then it actually is because of the delay your credit card has in showing refunds.

• Advertisement

I only got 2 codes from the g2a, the early access and explorer pack. After trying to set up the subscription it says that I got charged twice and somehow I still have no access to the game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Incredibly infuriated with the Installation of this game - the ****ing thing wiped out my ENTIRE Games directory when I directed it to install in E:/Games ...

So now I've got to reinstall/download [patches, client, etc.] WoW, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Planetside 2, Wildstar, World of Tanks / Planes, STEAM [numerous games in that]... all the while I've got a 60+20GB download cap [Three + Vodafone]

Yeah, **** you ESO... piece of shlt shoddy BASIC I/O programming...

Side note - how the **** do you register for their stupid forums ? Trying to register to LINK it's asking for an Invitation code, to which there's a big red box saying Invitation not found... ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,360 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Watching some quick looks of this im very tempted to try it, whats the longevity like? How is the endgame looking? Also my internet connection aint so good right now and id rather not have to wait 1-2 days to download it anyone know the download requirements?

Was around 22 gigs if i remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

I only got 2 codes from the g2a, the early access and explorer pack. After trying to set up the subscription it says that I got charged twice and somehow I still have no access to the game :)

Same happened with me. They sent me a new key for the game time and still is invalid....

• Advertisement

Did you email them asking for a game time key? I'm getting quite sick of this.
    Have been waiting for response from Zenimax since last night, still no word.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

Did you email them asking for a game time key? I'm getting quite sick of this.
    Have been waiting for response from Zenimax since last night, still no word.

No I emailed G2A, they sent me a key but its invalid :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

VinLieger wrote: »
    Watching some quick looks of this im very tempted to try it, whats the longevity like? How is the endgame looking? Also my internet connection aint so good right now and id rather not have to wait 1-2 days to download it anyone know the download requirements?

Dvd isnt much better, took me 3 hours to install from 4 dvds, then there was about 3 hours of installing patches, the download at the time was capped at 250kb (about a 2mb line) i guess it was 4 or 5 gb, bit of a joke really, Iv installed enterprise level applications in less time !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,360 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

imitation wrote: »
    Dvd isnt much better, took me 3 hours to install from 4 dvds, then there was about 3 hours of installing patches, the download at the time was capped at 250kb (about a 2mb line) i guess it was 4 or 5 gb, bit of a joke really, Iv installed enterprise level applications in less time !

3 hours of installing is better than 2 days of downloading tbh, still on the fence am reading reviews and watching lets plays right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

imitation wrote: »

DVD was a joke, took me hur to install and then another 20 minutes to download the patches. My speeds were decent though.

Never played a MMO in my life bar a hour or two on DC Universe but I really enjoy this. Finished Skyrim and got all the achievements so was looking forward to this.

Currently lvl 20 and having a blast, joined a guild and play with a few folk when time allows me. Currently studying for exams so time is a bit limited but jump on whenever, 4 or 5 hours fly by in no time

Game's decent - just find it odd they've got Auction houses ONLY within the guild itself, not too bad when you're in a guild of 400+. Being able to be in 5 guilds at the same time is nice, browsing between each guild's AH.

It's rather laggy though at times, and some incredibly annoying bugs... like when you're mounted, and the damn mouse cursor wouldn't disappear so you can't navigate about with your mouse...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PoolBall

I am really enjoying the game. The quest lines all have a story behind them and are all interesting enough to do. There are no boring kill 10 rats quests here. :-) I found a few bugs, but nothing game breaking and certainly nothing out of the ordinary for the first few weeks of any mmorpg. The interface is certainly different for an mmorpg and will come as a shock for people used to playing WOW or any of its many clones. It is a typical Elder Scrolls interface and I found after a few days using it, it came naturally to the point where I don't think about it.
    BeerWolf wrote: »
    - just find it odd they've got Auction houses ONLY within the guild itself,

The trading system certainly is different in the game in that you use a guild store which initially is only accessible to guild members. This opens up in the pvp area of the game. If your guild can capture and hold an objective in pvp the traders in that area can then sell the wares from your guild store to the wider population. Its not a simple system typical of GW2 where almost everything in the game was accessible via a global auction house. In this game you have to fight to be able to trade. I like it. It helps that you can be a member of 5 guilds. Trading can be made easier by joining a trading specific etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Quite alot of people already at the level 50 cap which for an MMO is laughable. Reaching the maximum level a week after release seems very odd and they may have made it far to easy to level. I have played many many MMO and some for years and leveling was never that easy, it is not supposed to be.

ESO better have new content ready or they are going to lose players in the first weeks after launch. You have a load of level 50 players all stuck at end game now with the MASSIVE endgame bug. Content in the final zone of Coldharbour has been bugged for the Ebonheart Pact, restricting seemingly hundreds of other players from experiencing Veteran content outside of Cyrodiil PvP and Veteran dungeons.

That is bad guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

logik wrote: »
    Quite alot of people already at the level 50 cap which for an MMO is laughable. Reaching the maximum level a week after release seems very odd and they may have made it far to easy to level. I have played many many MMO and some for years and leveling was never that easy, it is not supposed to be.

ESO better have new content ready or they are going to lose players in the first weeks after launch. You have a load of level 50 players all stuck at end game now with the MASSIVE endgame bug. Content in the final zone of Coldharbour has been bugged for the Ebonheart Pact, restricting seemingly hundreds of other players from experiencing Veteran content outside of Cyrodiil PvP and Veteran dungeons.

That is bad guys.

2/3 of the game only opens up at level 50. You now have veteran ranks to get through. Between the zones not in your alliance opening up for travel, 4 man vet PvE, 12 man vet PvE, x amount of PVP ranks and the adventure zones just at launch, I'm sure there is plenty to do. And being that we already know they are working on new content, I doubt it will be a problem.
    Sure there are bugs but not forgetting that it is indeed only a week after launch, this doesn't worry me even slightly.
    bla bla bla about testing and beta fixing all the bugs, this just never happens on launch. They get a lot done but when the masses are in game at launch, new bugs will always be found.
    In the past week there has been 3(??) patches already. Fixing some bugs, bringing new ones to light. I'm just happy knowing they are actively working on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Jesus, that is a monumental balls up, brand new game with loads of people level capped with nothing for them to do ...

• Advertisement

Reaching level 50 doesn't mean there's nothing more to do, there's more content when u level up your veteran rank.

BigEejit wrote: »
    Jesus, that is a monumental balls up, brand new game with loads of people level capped with nothing for them to do ...
    Level 50 just means you've done your main factions story quest, it's only 1/3 of the way to the true level cap (currently VR10) and is the point that levelling slows down a huge amount. From reading around, the content also gets much more difficult in the veteran ranks too.

I've sunk in a fair amount of time already as I've had some time off work, yet I'm only level 33. At this rate, it'll more than likely take me 8 weeks from early access to VR10, which is a lot more than most MMO's these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Reaching level 50 doesn't mean there's nothing more to do, there's more content when u level up your veteran rank.

Yes I know that but my point is that the NPC that allows you to move on with the game once you reach level 50 is bugged meaning you are essentially stuck.

Reaching max level after a week isn't odd at all. In fact a week is pretty long for the speedsters to reach max. I've no sympathy for anyone who races through the content in a week, and then bitches that there's nothing to do. Happens in every mmo.

Fair enough if the npc is bugged, that'll be fixed pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PoolBall

There are always going to be the speed levelers in every game, usually people with the letters xyz and a few digits thrown into their name for good measure. They speak some language called pwndleet1111!! and cry like babies when they don't get their own way in a game. They are not mmorpg player, they are the asshats that usually leave the game before they have to pay their first month's subscription citing 'no content' as the reason as dramatically as possible on the game forums. If anybody here fits the stereotype, no offence intended ;-) Good luck to them.

I am currently level 23 in the game. I am in 2 guilds, one with over 100 people the other with about 25. The vast majority of people across both guilds are less than level 20. The people I play with play all the game content, all the quests, all the dungeons etc. One guy in one of the guild is lvl46, he got there the same way as everybody else, by skipping all of the game content and just mindlessly killed mob to grind out xp. My only criticism about leveling is that to much xp is given for killing mobs making it possible to bypass the content.

Personally I am really enjoying the content and think it is a bit silly to skip it just to get to level cap. As for the 'massive bugs' mentioned here at level 50, its the first I have heard of them, but time will tell.

logik wrote: »

That is bad guys.

Those would be people who've played the beta a lot and just want to hit 50 without exploring the game since they already had in said beta. I really doubt any of those 50s are fresh new players from launch day...

My first time playing and I'm only level 12.

Level 50 NPCs are not bugged, I know a few people with Veteran rank 2. So you can definitely access later game content.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Personally, I think the levelling is slow. I don;'t really mind it, but it's definitely not as fast as more recent MMOs, which makes me wonder how people capped so fast. I've 15 hours played on my Nightblade and I'm only level 8. I've a few others around the same or lower level with similar play time. For me, personally, looking at how long it takes to level (for example I played three/four hours this morning and didn't level at all) it'll be a good few months before I cap, if I stick around for it.

Edit* Thinking back on it, I remember it took me like 22days /played in WoW to cap 60 on my Rogue back in the day. So it is nice to see longer level times return I guess.

Well as far as I know that's how Elder Scrolls always worked, so I was expecting leveling to be slow. Level 14 myself, and been playing for a good bit as well.

• Advertisement

Well as far as I know that's how Elder Scrolls always worked, so I was expecting leveling to be slow. Level 14 myself, and been playing for a good bit as well.
    I dunno, with Elder Scrolls, you could always level very quickly if you wanted to, it was usually just be a bad idea if you did as you'd end up underpowered in comparison to the mobs you'd be going up against.

In some senses, it's the same for ESO. If you find some good grinding spots to get you to 50, you'll probably get there pretty quickly, but there's not a lot of point as you'll miss out on all the skillpoints from skyshards and quests along the way.

Advertisement