Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android Stick

• 07-01-2014 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Was looking up solutions to get Sky Go to work directly on a TV without having to use my laptop and hook it up via a HDMI cable.

I came across a device called an Android Stick which essentially turns your TV into an Android computer via a small USB sized stick which connects via a HDMI port.

Here's the big question though. If I install the Sky Go app on an Android Stick, will it work and then will I be able to view Sky Go on my TV ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

It entirely depends on the stick and if the app supports it, I know Sky restrict access to the Sky Go app so it might not be supported on a given Android stick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Highly unlikely. SkyGo have the system locked down tight. If you want Sky without a satellite dish you need the NowTV box but the sports work out very expensive with it. Would love to hear if someone could get it working but I'm not going to hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Tried this yesterday with Sky Go on MK908ii stick. App installed fine and let me sign in but as soon as I went to watch something it said "Sky Go is not supported on rooted Android systems" and wouldn't play the video.

I am running the stock firmware on the MK908ii so unsure whether it is actually rooted or just not supported by Sky.

Advertisement