Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned

Options
  • 07-01-2014 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I have been banned "for being a dick".

I object to this. The person who threatened me with a ban is being a bully. He's boasting about banning people from a pub he worked in once. Loads of other folk make insulting comments about characters on soaps BECAUSE THEY ARE JOKES. I get that. I get now that these are your rules, though I do not agree with them. But let me get this straight: I can't "insult" an imaginary character (It wasn't an insult, it was a joke. If Captain Negative wishes to project an insult onto me saying someone looks like an Tranny without make up - can't remember the exact words - then he is suggesting it's insulting to call someone a Tranny. It's not. Some of my best friends are Trannies and they don't object to the reference) but he can insult me. Is it OK because he did it in a pm? Can I ban him?

I don't want to ban him. I do want to expose him for being the bully he is.

I tink the links are here, but I can't be sure cos well it looks like he's deleted them isn't it?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057020236&page=112

ahem

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Hello bazarakus,

The post you've highlighted (which was deleted) is more to do with you & the Mod in question // their action against you than it is to do with the thread itself, making it both a mod-attack, debating mod decision as well as off-topic to which you've rightly been banned, considering it already followed a previously actioned post:

You call it a joke... It is, quite simply, not funny and won't be masked by calling it a joke, or claiming the ban to be discrimination against the base of the comment.

Considering the sum of the parts, ban upheld - You may appeal to an Admin if you wish.

But this is a nonsense. He didn't ban me for the above comment. He infracted me because of it.

Did you even read what I'd written?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I never said he did - Did you even read what *I* had written? (Considering the sum of the parts, ban upheld).

You've repeat offended, posted comments requiring deletion, tried to dispute it with the mod in-thread (Debating mod decision), off-topic and a very testy attitude rightly leading to above mentioned ban.

The ban is upheld - This decision will not change, though I sincerely hope your attitude does.

You can appeal this to an Admin - Posting anything else will be regarded as not wanting an appeal, to which this thread will be resolved.

hahahaha! you're priceless. "the mod" was he at mod school? did you meet him there?

Did you fail entry exams into law school? Were you bullied at school?

go fcuk yourself you jumped up two bit Nazi.

If being banned means avoiding cnuts like you then BAN AWAY

IT'S JUST A WEBSITE. KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ask and you shall receive.

Month off, thread resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement