Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

`Winnipeg

Options
  • 07-01-2014 11:35pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here near Winnipeg?

I'm due to head out there for a couple of weeks shortly and just wondering any advice that people might have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

Stheno wrote: »
    Anyone here near Winnipeg?

I'm due to head out there for a couple of weeks shortly and just wondering any advice that people might have?

I live in Calgary. But when your going bring proper winter clothes! Its been -30/-40 there for the last few days. The place is bitterly cold its a haven for that Artic Air! Its not called "Winterpeg" for nothing :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I live in Calgary. But when your going bring proper winter clothes! Its been -30/-40 there for the last few days. The place is bitterly cold its a haven for that Artic Air! Its not called "Winterpeg" for nothing :D

I have merino wool thermals to wear under regular clothes, along with thermal socks, wool jackets, and windproof jackets and fleeces that I can layer.

Does that sound enough?

Also have thermal hats and gloves, I am not a fan of the cold, along with boots lined with goretex

Advertisement