Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Rates

Options
  • 08-01-2014 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Hi, my fixed term for my mortgage is up the end of janurary. Was on a 3yr fixed at 4.2%. So when up there offering (bank of Ireland)
    Existing Variable LTV Rate PDH 4.5%
    2yr fixed PHD 4.69%
    3yr Fixed PHD 4.89%
    5yr fixed PHD 5.39%
    10yr fixed Rate 6.19%

So is any other bank cheaper? Im definitley not in neg equity, house is worth about 50k more than i owe. Where your not in neg equity, could you talk to the bank and look for a better offer and threaten to move your mortgage or would another bank take you on even when the house is worth more than whats owed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gud

Hi Fiestaman,

What did you do in regard to fixing your mortgage, I am in a similar predictament now, my fixed rate is coming to an end the end of february, and was wondering about staying on varible rate for awhile, but then the ECB rates cant stay low for ever. I remeber saying that to myself 3 years ago.....

Did you price around fo the best rates with other banks? and can a person negogiate with the banks over a fixed rate, or just have to take what your given?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

gud wrote: »
    Hi Fiestaman,

What did you do in regard to fixing your mortgage, I am in a similar predictament now, my fixed rate is coming to an end the end of february, and was wondering about staying on varible rate for awhile, but then the ECB rates cant stay low for ever. I remeber saying that to myself 3 years ago.....

Did you price around fo the best rates with other banks? and can a person negogiate with the banks over a fixed rate, or just have to take what your given?

Thanks

Hi, I asked BOI if I could negogiate and they said no. I never priced around as I hadn't the time. I'm on the var rate and my payments went up €30 per month. I wouldn't worry about the ecb rising the rates as the fixed rates are crazy money so basically whatever you do your screwed. Have to just soldier on and deal with it if it happens, no point worrying about it now.

Advertisement