Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New! Need help re civil service jobs in Limerick city

Options
  • 08-01-2014 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi

I'm new to Boards and not having much luck with my first post!

Anyone on here work in any section of civil service in Limerick?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Public Jobs website

I believe that this site is the repository for all civil/public service jobs nationwide.

It is supposed to cover local government too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

There are a few options. As well as publicjobs.ie, you might do well to visit hse.ie regularly. Unfortunately the third level institutions in Limerick aren't hiring non-academic positions at the same level as NUIG, Trinity, UCC.

Your options are:
    HSE
    VEC
    Revenue
    Overseas Aid
    Agriculture
    Enterprise/IDA
    Local Authorities

I may have left something out, but it's a start for you there.

If you're willing to go to Shannon there's Transport

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AOS1213

ninty9er wrote: »
    There are a few options. As well as publicjobs.ie, you might do well to visit hse.ie regularly. Unfortunately the third level institutions in Limerick aren't hiring non-academic positions at the same level as NUIG, Trinity, UCC.

Your options are:
    HSE
    VEC
    Revenue
    Overseas Aid
    Agriculture
    Enterprise/IDA
    Local Authorities

I may have left something out, but it's a start for you there.

If you're willing to go to Shannon there's Transport

Thanks so much for replying. My issue is that I cannot leave my position in Dublin without having a replacement. I was hoping I might somehow find out if anyone based in the civil service in Limerick city is looking for a transfer to Dublin.

Publicjobs won't let me advertise publicly for a swap with someone outside Dublin.

I know it's a long shot trying boards.ie but I thought I might by some miracle find someone!!

Public Jobs website

I believe that this site is the repository for all civil/public service jobs nationwide.

It is supposed to cover local government too.

Thank you for replying. I wasn't really clear in my post but I'm trying to swap my position in Dublin with someone in Limerick who wants a move up here.

I know it's a long shot but you'd never know who checks out these posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

AOS1213 wrote: »
    Thank you for replying. I wasn't really clear in my post but I'm trying to swap my position in Dublin with someone in Limerick who wants a move up here.

I know it's a long shot but you'd never know who checks out these posts!

Your best bet is to approach your manager in that case. I knew the previous minister in Overseas Aid and transfers would regularly come up when we were on the doorsteps.

• Advertisement

ninty9er wrote: »
    Your best bet is to approach your manager in that case. I knew the previous minister in Overseas Aid and transfers would regularly come up when we were on the doorsteps.

I have approached my own manager and made a formal request for transfer but it could take years.

This is why I'm trying the informal way but just don't know how to find out if anyone in Limerick is looking for a move short of cold calling offices which I'm reluctant to do so at this stage!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I have approached my own manager and made a formal request for transfer but it could take years.

This is why I'm trying the informal way but just don't know how to find out if anyone in Limerick is looking for a move short of cold calling offices which I'm reluctant to do so at this stage!

I used to work in the public sector in Dublin, a couple of people looking for transfers used to go through their union and put a notice in the union newsletter (e.g. Clerical Officer based in Dublin looking for transfer to Limerick/Ennis). Might be worth a shot?

I used to work in the public sector in Dublin, a couple of people looking for transfers used to go through their union and put a notice in the union newsletter (e.g. Clerical Officer based in Dublin looking for transfer to Limerick/Ennis). Might be worth a shot?

Thanks for reply but they don't allow you to advertise to swap a Dublin location for a location outside Dublin I don't know why I think it's related to decentralisation or something.

It was worth a shot with boards but ill have to try something else.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Thanks for reply but they don't allow you to advertise to swap a Dublin location for a location outside Dublin I don't know why I think it's related to decentralisation or something.

That's mad! Best of luck anyway, I hope it comes through somehow. :)

That's mad! Best of luck anyway, I hope it comes through somehow. :)

Fingers crossed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fi314

Might be good to let people know your grade.

fi314 wrote: »
    Might be good to let people know your grade.

Hadn't thought of that!
    I'm a C.O.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Is there not a civil service magazine that does head to head transfers and not sure if you are in the union but try there

Advertisement