Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home brew supplies

Options
  • 08-01-2014 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does any one know of any shops in Wexford town which do home brew supplies ?

There used to be a place out in Adamstown but it's gone now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Tesco have a very small selection. Other than that I did see some in Superdrug a while back. I get mine from www.homebrewwest.ie

They usually deliver within 48 hours and the price is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

Only Natural had some stuff as well last time i was in there.

I dont see any in Tesco anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Thanks folks. Tesco used to have some but they don't seem to have any any more.

I'll have a look in super drug tomorrow. Just thought there might be a few more places doing supplies.

Thanks for the replies .

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Only Natural behind Three had a pretty comprehensive selection last time I was in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RustyRobo

I was in Only Natural October 2013 - they had a few bits and pieces left, but said they were running down that stock line and had no plans to restock. Same with Tesco - its seems to them it was a trial but have no plans to re-energise it.

I get all my stuff from homebrewwest.ie - they are very good, but at the moment there seems to be a lot of stuff "out of stock".

Good luck and maybe a forward thinking retailer might pick up on what appears a growing lucrative niche market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Checked only natural today and super drug and both had nothing.

Checked a few other general shops on the town but found nothing . I know you can order online but sometimes you just like to go into a bricks and mortar shop and buy something .

It's a shame some where didn't stock some products at least .

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭alltacht

Only Natural have loads of home brew supplies now. I have also ordered in things that I didn't see there. They're down in supervalu car park now not on main street in case anyone was looking in the wrong shop

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

alltacht wrote: »
    Only Natural have loads of home brew supplies now. I have also ordered in things that I didn't see there. They're down in supervalu car park now not on main street in case anyone was looking in the wrong shop

Thought they had moved onto the main street? Or is this another "healthfood" shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thought they had moved onto the main street? Or is this another "healthfood" shop?

That's a (relatively) recent pop-up in competition with the long established Only Natural. Two completely different companies.

Wow and almost beside them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭alltacht

Yep different place altogether, the one on main street doesn't stock brewing supplies though. Thinking of doing a nice stout next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Natural Health Store is on the main street and Only natural is in Church Lane, the four people that run Natural Health Store actually worked in Only Natural but were let go though there is an alleged story in the rumor mill about them leaving Only Natural but its only a rumor.

This is from their website - "After being made redundant and changes in my siblings work environment we decided to open our own store"

Meehan family or something? Is a brother still owning only natural or is that a different owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

alltacht wrote: »
    Yep different place altogether, the one on main street doesn't stock brewing supplies though. Thinking of doing a nice stout next.

I did one of the lagers from there, was very nice. Some good supplies there.

Advertisement