Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Options - Stradbally

Options
  • 08-01-2014 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi,
    Currently have V'Fone dongle as rural and no chance of fixed line broadband. This was ok before as kids were small and they didn't know what a computer was, but things change and kids want to surf, Skype and basically use the internet like normal modern kids, but the problem is I am limited to 10Gb download limit, which is pretty crap. Discovered to my cost that Skype eats credit:o
    Is there any other reliable ISP out there that can give me what I want or is the crap service deal I have, it? To think that ,in the year 2014, what I have is the best offered by companies is lunacy at best.

Any help welcome as at wits end...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

imagine wimax is what i would check out. Its not ment to be great but you can get a package that is unlimited.
    Other providers do the same as imagine wimax. So worth checking them out also.

I have a 2meg landline broadband in my area just outside waterford city. And during the day it slows right down. BB out in the country side sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rayzfone

Alpha wave seems to be working very well for a few people I know, if you check out their site it gives a map to see if you are in their coverage area unlucky for me I'm just outside it

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Have you tried Three Broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

How about www.totalwireless.ie , they might be able to reach you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

How about www.totalwireless.ie , they might be able to reach you

Have them in fenor. Some improvement over the three dongle and no download limit for 35e per month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

You could also try solar broadband and ripplecom, there's a big thread about ripplecom here on boards that you should probably read before you sign up with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Have them in fenor. Some improvement over the three dongle and no download limit for 35e per month.

I second that, I switched to Total Wireless and I've recommended them to other posters on boards and a few neightbours.

freedominacup I'm near Fenor but I pay €30 per month for basic package and haven't had any problems, I do a little work from home, I have Neflix and I have an IP phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

I second that, I switched to Total Wireless and I've recommended them to other posters on boards and a few neightbours.

freedominacup I'm near Fenor but I pay €30 per month for basic package and haven't had any problems, I do a little work from home, I have Neflix and I have an IP phone.

You're correct on the rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Krispie

This old chestnut again.

Coast to coast broadband? Any ideas of the service outside of the village? Been told unlimited for €30/month? From the mast up by school? Speed ok? Not heavy usage, kids games etc.

Outside of Alpha area and most others.

Just for your info

http://totalwireless.ie/packages/index.html

Package E: Up to 10Mb download, 1Mb upload - €42 per month, 2 Mb upload option €47
    Package F: up to 20Mb download, 1.5Mb upload - €48 per month
    Package G: up to 30Mb download, 2 Mb upload - €58 per month

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

From Stradbally myself and have to say the only network with good reception is Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭canbajire

Have you tried MTS Media?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

Depending on where you live in Stradbally, Imagine (70MB) might work.

https://www.imagine.ie/lte-irelands-rural-fibre-speed-coverage/lte-fibre-speed-broadband-waterford/

Total Wireless has customers in Stradbally. Email your Eircode to test for signal strength :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭willbeuptuesday

I see that Eir have wired fibre along the Glen Road as far as the five cross roads anyone have any idea when they intend upgrading the local exchange so we can have decent broad band.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

we have alphawave sinch last october.no problem with them. we are in the kill ares.
    look up their site.
    tony

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭willbeuptuesday

My wife heard yesterday that Eir will be offering Fibre Broadband in Stradbally before Christmas:):):) Has anyone else heard this or offer some clarity. They have installed all the Ducting for the Fibre over the summer and its now only a matter of running it through this ducting to the customer home.

Advertisement