Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre in blessington

Options
  • 08-01-2014 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

first it was 4th quarter of 2013

then it was jan 2014

now it's feb 2014

in your honest opinion, when will efibre be available in west wicklow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi Westwicklow1

I do not have you number to check this for you. However you can check this using our online efibre map using either your home phone number or address.

Please note: there is a note next to the efibre map which says the following

"This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service."

Unfortunately I am unable to tell you when you would be able to get efibre as this information is not available to me presently.

Thanks
    [font=Arial", "sans-serif]Ash[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Hi Westwicklow1

I do not have you number to check this for you. However you can check this using our online efibre map using either your home phone number or address.

Please note: there is a note next to the efibre map which says the following

"This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service."

Unfortunately I am unable to tell you when you would be able to get efibre as this information is not available to me presently.

Thanks
    Ash
    I know how to check it!!!

What I said was that it has now changed twice from "4th quarter 2013" to "Jan 2014" and now to "Feb 2014".

If you cannot tell me how many more "extensions" there are going to be or at least why the "extensions" can you put me in touch with someone who can please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi WestWicklow1

Unfortunately this information is not available to us at the moment and we are unable to speculate on dates.

Thanks
    Ash

Like I said in my previous post....

If you cannot tell me how many more "extensions" there are going to be or at least why the "extensions" can you put me in touch with someone who can please?

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Like I said in my previous post....

Hi WestWicklow1
    this is the only information available to us at the moment. There have been some delays due to the demand for technicians to deal with the number of faults arising from recent weather conditions. I am afraid that these faults have had to take priority, but at the moment the Feb date does appear to be date for this.
    I am sorry we cannot be more specific, we will know more shortly.
    Tony

• Advertisement

....and now it's March.

What a disgusting company to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

....and now it's March.

What a disgusting company to deal with.

Hi WestWicklow1

Sorry to see the date has changed again, I've been informed that part of the reason of this delay this is due to the required response and works needed to damages created on the existing network caused by the storms over the past few weeks. I can understand your feelings on this however we do hope to offer you better news in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Good news for parts of Blessington I think.  My efibre went live this morning (100 down and 20 up).

ElBarco wrote: »
    Good news for parts of Blessington I think.  My efibre went live this morning (100 down and 20 up).
    What area are you living?

ElBarco wrote: »
    What area are you living?
    I don't want to post it openly but I'll PM you with the area.

• Advertisement

It's now April, why haven't informed me that efibre is available?

I've asked their website to be informed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

first it was 4th quarter of 2013

then it was jan 2014

now it's feb 2014

in your honest opinion, when will efibre be available in west wicklow?
    Hi WestWicklow1

I have just looked at this. Unfortunately there have been delays with the launch of efibre in Blessington. The dates on the efibre map on our webpage are indicative only and are subject to change. At the moment the Ready for Order date is to be confirmed here and without having any more information I do not want to speculate.

I would advise you to check with me again in a month or two and I will check for updates at that stage,

thanks
    Colm

Hi WestWicklow1

I have just looked at this. Unfortunately there have been delays with the launch of efibre in Blessington. The dates on the efibre map on our webpage are indicative only and are subject to change. At the moment the Ready for Order date is to be confirmed here and without having any more information I do not want to speculate.

I would advise you to check with me again in a month or two and I will check for updates at that stage,

thanks
    Colm
    :):):):):):):):):):)

It was weather the last time and the time before that. Those excuses have now worn out.  What's it this time?  Weather too good?  Only five working days in the week? The pope is Catholic? Eircom is a complete laugh?

@Elbarco Did you not say in a PM that you have efibre in Blessington?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 alexburke78

Is there any update on this. 

The efibre coverage map has Blessington shown as Green, efibre is available since the first week of April.
    But every blessington number I try in the check availability widget says 
    eFibre is not currently available at your address but up to 24Mb broadband speeds are
    Which actually turns out to be Max of 15Mb with reality of about 12Mb

Is Blessington actually efibre enabled or is the efibre coverage map just marketing fiction?

The efibre coverage map has Blessington shown as Green, efibre is available since the first week of April.
    eFibre is not currently available at your address but up to 24Mb broadband speeds are

Is Blessington actually efibre enabled or is the efibre coverage map just marketing fiction?

I have it since April alright. I've seen vans from kn networks knocking around. That's the kind of van that did my install. My parents can't get it yet though and they live in a nearby estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi alexburke78,

This done on a phase by phase basis in each area which means that different addresses within the exchange areas are being upgraded at different times however feel free to check back with us in a couple of months and hopefully we have more information for you then.

Thanks,

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Jus to say that I put my number into the phone checker in early April and was advised that eFibre is available on my line. I have yet to take the plunge yet as I like to use my own router and don't have confidence in the supplied ones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi there,

If you PM your number and details I'll check this out.

Thanks,

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

Hi, I am near cabinet BSN1_002 in Blessington which is fibre-enabled but my current provided (vodafone) says its not available. I don't trust vodafone to get his right; would the be possible to confirm please?

kuro_man wrote: »
    Hi, I am near cabinet BSN1_002 in Blessington which is fibre-enabled but my current provided (vodafone) says its not available.  I don't trust vodafone to get his right; would the be possible to confirm please?

Hi kuro_man

Can you PM me your landline number or specific address and I will chase this information up for you?

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi, I am near cabinet BSN1_002 in Blessington which is fibre-enabled but my current provided (vodafone) says its not available.  I don't trust vodafone to get his right; would the be possible to confirm please?

Hi kuro_man

Can you PM me your landline number or specific address and I will chase this information up for you?

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al, PM sent

Hi kuro_man

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al, PM sent

Hi kuro_man

I've looked in to this and I can confirm that the cabinet you have mentioned is on the list to be commissioned but at this moment in time there is no forecasted date. I also contacted efibre planning & operations for more info and they have advised me that they cannot confirm a date but it really should be fully activated by October.

I recommend getting back to me in the end of September and hopefully I will have more news on this for you.

Thanks
    Al

Apologies for piggybacking on this thread: I would be grateful if you could check the status of Cabinet BSN1_006 in Blessington??

It is the nearest cabinet to me and I am interested in getting fibre but only if the nearest cabinet is enabled. Otherwise I don't think speeds will be optimal if I am connected to a cabinet further away. Am I correct?

tallpaul wrote: »
    Apologies for piggybacking on this thread: I would be grateful if you could check the status of Cabinet BSN1_006 in Blessington??

It is the nearest cabinet to me and I am interested in getting fibre but only if the nearest cabinet is enabled. Otherwise I don't think speeds will be optimal if I am connected to a cabinet further away. Am I correct?
    Hi tallpaul

Yes that's in the same position as above, feel free to get back to me in late September/early October and hopefull we will have better news by then.

You are correct regarding distances impact on speeds. The maximum distance is 2000 metres which would usually deliver 8MB to 15MB.

Thanks
    Al

Hi tallpaul

Yes that's in the same position as above, feel free to get back to me in late September/early October and hopefull we will have better news by then.

You are correct regarding distances impact on speeds. The maximum distance is 2000 metres which would usually deliver 8MB to 15MB.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan. I guess I will have to be patient. Just as a quick follow-up for my own learning: are the speeds you quoted (8-15MB @ 2000 meters) for ADSL or fibre-VDSL?

Hi tallpaul

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan. I guess I will have to be patient. Just as a quick follow-up for my own learning: are the speeds you quoted (8-15MB @ 2000 meters) for ADSL or fibre-VDSL?
    No worries tallpaul

That would be for fibre - VDSL,

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al, I will get back in September.

Better upload speeds being the prime advantage of fibre, what would typical upload speeds be on fibre as distance increases? 

Thanks Al, I will get back in September.

Better upload speeds being the prime advantage of fibre, what would typical upload speeds be on fibre as distance increases? 

[font=Times New Roman","serif]No worries Kuro_man

While upload speeds cannot be guaranteed I've been advised by technical support that the distance does not have such an impact on upload speeds however we would be unable to offer an indication in the way we can regarding download speeds. The general conscientious is that distance would not impact upload as much as it does download.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

From post #1....

"first it was 4th quarter of 2013

then it was jan 2014

now it's feb 2014"

Now in May 2014 you're advising to check back in September 2014.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

Eircon...... a disgusting company to deal with.

• Advertisement

From post #1....

"first it was 4th quarter of 2013

then it was jan 2014

now it's feb 2014"

Now in May 2014 you're advising to check back in September 2014. I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

Eircon...... a disgusting company to deal with.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]HI WestWicklow1[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I'm sorry you feel this way,[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I've tried to make it clear that not all areas will be upgraded right away as works are set to continue in to the future and the correspondence above is in relation to a specific area within an area where efibre has launched.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

Advertisement