Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What wheels fit a Maxi Cosi car seat

Options
  • 08-01-2014 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭

So my sister has found out that number 2 is on the way, but she sold her travel system and just has the maxi cosi car seat left.

I'm on the look out for wheels and a carry cot,she has plenty of strollers and as we all know by number 2 the travel system lasts very little time!!

I'm driven mad with all this talk of adaptors and the like,does anyone just have a list of bases I can try find second hand for her?

So far Uppababy is all I can find.

TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Quinny take that car seat but you need adapters. The Quinny Mood or Buzz ( old version and only available second hand) or ZappXtra ( very light but no pram)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

We have a Joolz frame but again, adapters for the car seat. It's a pain in the hole. Arrive into town, take everything out. Then realise, balls, forgot the adapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    So my sister has found out that number 2 is on the way, but she sold her travel system and just has the maxi cosi car seat left.

I'm on the look out for wheels and a carry cot,she has plenty of strollers and as we all know by number 2 the travel system lasts very little time!!

I'm driven mad with all this talk of adaptors and the like,does anyone just have a list of bases I can try find second hand for her?

So far Uppababy is all I can find.

TIA!

The bugaboo cameleon fits the maxi cosi. In fact I think all the bugaboos fit the maxi cosi. You need adapters though.
    Maxi cosi do prams and travel systems so maybe check them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

The Mamas and Papas range take the maxi cosi seat but again you need the adaptors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Mothercare My3 and My4 take the Maxi Cosi, and you don't need adaptors.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

My Quinny base didn't need adapters, just sat the seat straight in. I'm open to selling it if she was interested - feel free to pm. Its just the frame though, I don't have the carry cot.

I used it from new for 4 months with the maxi cosi until he was big enough for the stroller.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Adaptors are no problem, she just really liked the car seat.

This has been a great help guys, I'm off to search for the best value wheels secondhand.

I've seen loads of carry cots so not as worried about picking up one of those.

Neyite, PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Have to say Quinny are great if you can get one secondhand. Some do need adapters like the Zapp Xtra and some don't like the Buzz. Presume the person selling will know what the deal is with their frame. Bring the car seat with you to double check it does fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

New model of out and about nipper fits the maxi cosi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

pwurple wrote: »
    New model of out and about nipper fits the maxi cosi.

Is this a double? Looking for a double and it between the nipper, the city jogger and the donkey so far. But didnt think the nipper or jogger would take a maxi cosi. Would be so handy if it does...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Is this a double? Looking for a double and it between the nipper, the city jogger and the donkey so far. But didnt think the nipper or jogger would take a maxi cosi. Would be so handy if it does...

Baby jogger city select takes maxi cosi with adapters

They are all great buggies but way out of the price range, just looking for something on the market around 3/4 years they has a good 6 month left on the wheels!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    They are all great buggies but way out of the price range, just looking for something on the market around 3/4 years they has a good 6 month left on the wheels!

Wmpdd3 have you looked on adverts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Sligo1 wrote: »

I *think* the double takes the maxi-cosi as well... Internet says it does, but give tony kealy's a ring and ask them. They have them in stock usually and can tell you straight away.

I am stalking adverts, find it brilliant. Much better than donedeal, items are usually gone by the time you get through to someone on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Baby jogger city select definitely takes the maxi cosi and it can be used in single or double mode. You do need adaptors though. The good thing about the city select is that the frame can be used in single or double mode, so if you only have one child with you it is very easy to put into single mode. There are a few city select available on adverts at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

The older icandy model takes the Maxi Cosi seat, I don't know about the newer version.
    Quinny Buzz takes it with adaptors as aforementioned.

They are all lovely systems but there is a serious budget in place, even buying and banking on a high take price is not an option.

I'm looking for a model that has been out a while so that second hand version are around the 100 euro price, once we have the chassis, she well put some money together to by the carry cot.

After the carry cot, baby will be going into the umbrella fold.

If money was no object, I'd be telling her to get an I candy or britax duel!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

I have a petite star zia 4 - it takes a carry cot and the maxi cosi car seat, is lightweight, and is a great stroller once baby moves from the carry cot. Best of all it won't break the bank: http://www.nurseryvalue.com/petite-star-pushchairs/petite-star-zia4-plus-pushchair-red-moon#container

No way!!!! Her friend has this stroller and its for sale! Just sent her a message to see can we try the car seat in it.

I have the zia 3 and I love it.

I think we may have a solution!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Just make sure it is the zia 4 and not the 3. Keep an eye on nurseryvalue.com. They always have deals. I got mine with the carry cot, maxi cosi adaptors, rain cover, foot muff, change bag, and carry bag (for travelling) and the whole thing came to less than €200.

At the moment the ZIA 4 is £99 with the footmuff so just the carry cot to add to that, she's delighted with that as she knows how much I loved the Zia when I used to use it every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Neyite wrote: »
    My Quinny base didn't need adapters, just sat the seat straight in. I'm open to selling it if she was interested - feel free to pm. Its just the frame though, I don't have the carry cot.

I used it from new for 4 months with the maxi cosi until he was big enough for the stroller.

Hello Neyite, was just wondering if you still had this base and were still open for selling? We have a pram but its gonna be another few days before we recieve it. Would be handy to have something that the maxi cosi fits on to aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Question. I was given a gracho double buggy which is great and its not too heavy (yet) anyway it has the tray for sitting car seat in it. I wasn't given the seat but wanted to know what other than gracho would fit it. I was gonna buy the base for the car then too.

Advertisement