Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Infraction

Options
  • 08-01-2014 7:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭

I've only noticed this now. I got an infraction because I stated a fact.
    bbability wrote:
    Dear jimmy2flutes,

You have been infracted for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

bbability

Your post:
    EDINBRO wrote: »
    I remember a few years ago the lead up to christmas on 2fm was always full of excitement and fun. Gerry really has been such a great loss.

Generally drug addicts are lots of fun!

<Mod snip>
    This portion of the thread has been removed until further notice. It will be restored by an administrator, if warranted, in due course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

For future reference, if you receive a warning/infraction/ban for making a particular statement, repeating that statement as your sole defence does not help your case.

--

The situation here is you're stating something as hard fact, when in fact there may be enough doubt about it to allow a potential defamation claim for that statement.

If you read the report from the coroner's hearing, you'll see a lot of phrases that support your view, phrases like "the likely trigger", "significant risk factor", but the doctors also stated "it could also be as a result of (medical condition)".

Like many people, I've drawn my own conclusion from the reports of the pathologist and the coroner, but none of those statements gives us the option of claiming something as 100% hard fact when there is any leeway whatsoever, and so for that reason we can't allow you to post that as a factual claim.

Infraction upheld. Resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement