Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soft Play Centre recommendations

Options
  • 08-01-2014 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hey everyone, I have a little girl turning one in a few weeks and I was wondering about what we can do to give her a nice day. I was thinking soft play centre - we've not been to one yet as she's probably too young, she might even still be too young at 1 but as it's her birthday it'd be nice to do something different.

So does anyone have any recommendations for a soft play centre that would be suitable for a child of 1? She's not walking yet but not far off. We're in Laois but would be willing to travel if the place is worth a bit of a drive. So Laois, Kildare, Dublin would all be grand.

I've been looking up places online but would really appreciate some advice from people who have been there themselves. Thank you to anyone who can help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hey everyone, I have a little girl turning one in a few weeks and I was wondering about what we can do to give her a nice day. I was thinking soft play centre - we've not been to one yet as she's probably too young, she might even still be too young at 1 but as it's her birthday it'd be nice to do something different.

So does anyone have any recommendations for a soft play centre that would be suitable for a child of 1? She's not walking yet but not far off. We're in Laois but would be willing to travel if the place is worth a bit of a drive. So Laois, Kildare, Dublin would all be grand.

I've been looking up places online but would really appreciate some advice from people who have been there themselves. Thank you to anyone who can help.

Hi! I find Panda play cafe in Dublin really good. There's one in terenure and also ballsbridge. I prefer the one in ballsbridge as its a good bit bigger. It's €6 entry for one child. I've been bringing my LO since he was about 9 months old. He's 13 months now and only just starting to get his feet. But he loves going and crawling around.

There's also a place called Buzz Beez in Blackrock. My friend has been and said its good but I haven't been to that one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

My fella is 17 months and we've been bringing him to the Playzone in Celbridge sfor months - I often see smaller babies there.

It's about 6/7 euro in after they turn 15 months, there's a café in the place, a baby area and a toddler area.

I really enjoy taking him each week but he only lasts about an hour before he gets cranky and wants to go home!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We go to Playzone in Celbridge too and heard great things about Base in Celbridge too.
    My just gone 1 year old has little interest in them but loves watching the older kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Anything recommendations for North Dublin? Will be in the same boat soon

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

There is Go Kids Go in D15 but I'm not sure how suitable it is for small ones, I've never been. But they do mother and baby mornings I think so that suggests it might be somewhere to try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Jungle den in naas is good - if found it very clean.

Playbarn in Johnstown is excellent but only opens on weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Fun galaxy in Swords

Advertisement