Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claremorris Swimming Pool

Options
  • 08-01-2014 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi All!

I'm thinking of taking up swimming again to try and lose a bit of weight. Just wondering about the swimming pool in Claremorris - what are the facilities like and is there anything in particular I need to know to use the pool?

Also I was wondering what would be the least busiest time to go, I'd rather be their at a time when fewer people are there because I'm not a brilliant swimming & I don't what to end up pissing people off!!

Thanks!!

Comments

www.claremorrisleisurecentre.ie is their website & they are also on FB. I was there this morning while schoolchildren were in, there was a full length sectioned off where two people were swimming. Very quite apart from the children. It struck me as very clean, with plenty of dressing rooms and lockers. Parking is right outside the door and I paid 40c for an hour. HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mb20064

Ok cool thanks. 40c for an hours parking is fairly reasonable aswell. I was thinking of going in the evening really, about 7/8 o clock time - its a bit more convenient and I imagine fairly quiet as well. How much are the lockers? They said on the website that they want pool shoes.... are those for swimming in?? (Sorry if that's a daft question!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:)

The lockers are free. I'll ask my brother when hes here later about the quieter time and the pool shoes :)

Ok, hes here now and says that "nobody" bothers with the pool shoes. Also on a Monday in particular it can be busy at that time, but the crowd lessens around 8:20. Also, parking is free at that hour of the day. Enjoy!

Ok thats great. Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

I use the leisure centre all the time and find it great. Its quiet before the schools come in at 10am but they have no schools on a Thursday morning so its very quiet until 11.30 when all the ladies come for some exercise class in the water. I also use it in a Friday evening when its quiet. I really only use the pool but I know the gym is good from friends who use it. OH nearly forgot they do a €3 swim on a Monday morning. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Cool THanks, how much is it to swim the rest of the week?

I pay €7.50 for gym and pool

Thats not too bad i suppose, to ya use the pool shoes??

no, not at all....

Advertisement