Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog behaviorist in the Westmeath area?

• 08-01-2014 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Can anybody recommend a trained behaviorist in the Westmeath area? I live in Moate and my 4 year old Boxer has become very aggressive toward other dogs. It is not a new thing but is starting to occur much more frequently.

Ideally I want somebody within a 30 minute drive of Moate so that I can attend each week if need be.

Any advice much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭stoeger2000

Hi everyone,

Can anybody recommend a trained behaviorist in the Westmeath area? I live in Moate and my 4 year old Boxer has become very aggressive toward other dogs. It is not a new thing but is starting to occur much more frequently.

Ideally I want somebody within a 30 minute drive of Moate so that I can attend each week if need be.

Any advice much appreciated!

A behaviourist should come to you really to observe the dog in its normal envoirnment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I'd send DBB a message as I'm sure she will be able to recommend someone for you. As above the behaviourist will come to you as they will need to see the dog in their home and how the behave. Naturally.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I'd send DBB a message as I'm sure she will be able to recommend someone for you. As above the behaviourist will come to you as they will need to see the dog in their home and how the behave. Naturally.

Waaayyyyyy ahead of ya! I'd sent a message to the OP within minutes of their post, with a few recommendations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 AnScamall

DBB wrote: »
    Waaayyyyyy ahead of ya! I'd sent a message to the OP within minutes of their post, with a few recommendations :)

Hi DBB,

Can you send me on details. I have a six month Husky and need to get her trained. She is very clever and the main issue I have is that she will not come when called .. she is very independent. She is also getting very strong so I want to get her trained while I can still handle her!

Advertisement