Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing front door- easy to switch alarm sensor?

Options
  • 08-01-2014 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of replacing the front door to my house which has the alarm sensor attached. How difficult would it be to switch it over to the new door? Is it something either I or the bloke fitting the door could do or would I have to get the alarm guy out to do it?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The door guy can not do it as he is not licenced. You could easily do it yourself Im sure.
    Open the sensor, the alarm may activate, disarm it with your code.
    Take a picture of the wiring or make a note of the connections.
    Disconnect all cables & unscrew the device from the frame & the door. (Make a note here or the orientation of the device & the alignment of the magnet. )
    When the new door is in replace the device & rewire the same way.

Advertisement