Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moto X for Europe?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Announced the same day that my Moto X from the US arrived :(

I'm on the outskirts of Dublin so I guessed that when Three eventually launched 4G that it wouldn't be available where I am so I figured that I wasn't going to miss out on much anyway.

Knowing my luck, Three will actually stock it and there will be 4G available where I live!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Good phone but about 6 months too late.
    Hopefully Motorola will learn from their mistakes as the phone hasn't sold well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

I thought it had sold well in the USA no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

It's sold ok (not great but not terrible) in the US but it's not available globally therefore it's global sales are poor. It all depends on how you look at it.

Two main things that can be argued that are a problem with the Moto X are launch price compared to the specs and global availability. While it's a different phone Motorola nailed both the price and availability with the Moto G which was released later. Looks like they did learn from their mistakes.

C-Shore wrote: »
    I thought it had sold well in the USA no?

No, it was reported back in November that it had only shipped 500,000 units. Pretty disappointing considering it was heavily promoted and miles behind the major players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

No doubt sales were cannibalised by the Moto G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Do we know what time this is on yet? It seems to be blurred out in the picture in the OP and I haven't seen mention of it anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Moto X coming to Europe next month for €429 or £380
    Motorola's flagship phone is yet to see release in Europe, but that's set to change next month — the company announced today that the Moto X will be available off-contract for €429 in France and Germany or £380 in the UK from February, according to CNET. The release follows last year's launch of the low-cost Moto G, which is focused on markets outside the US and retails for around £130 in the UK.

Source: The Verge

Looks like no official release in Ireland, and the price is roughly what I expected when you include Taxes and Import etc.

I was tempted to get one, but not at the effort of getting it imported etc. Also, looks like no Moto Maker.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Moto X coming to Europe next month for €429 or £380

Source: The Verge

Looks like no official release in Ireland, and the price is roughly what I expected when you include Taxes and Import etc.

I was tempted to get one, but not at the effort of getting it imported etc. Also, looks like no Moto Maker.

Just the UK, france and Germany, what a load of cock.
    Seems we are really lucky to have got the Moto G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Just the UK, france and Germany, what a load of cock.
    Seems we are really lucky to have got the Moto G

There's always Parcel Motel!

• Advertisement
Advertisement