Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Duathlon 2014

Options
  • 08-01-2014 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Will be first time doing this duathlon. What kind of course is it? Are there any course previews or garmin/strava's for it? thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

viperlogic wrote: »
    Will be first time doing this duathlon. What kind of course is it? Are there any course previews or garmin/strava's for it? thx

pretty fast bike course and the run is generally flat except for a climb coming back to the school/finish that will test the legs at the end, you can see the course layouts on the Limerick Tri website, the only technical part of the bike is coming back to the school entrance, you are approaching this at speed(all downhill) and you have a sharp left straight into an incline up to transition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

will probably sign up for this well. never done a duathlon so will be interesting to see how it goes

Registration now open till Friday the 21st

https://www.triathlonireland-newserver.com/local-races.html

Can't make it now, pulled hammy during interval sessions :( sickened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

I did this one today and enjoyed it. It was my first time doing a duathlon and ive only done one sprint tri before. Happy with my run times but the cycling needs a lot of work.

It was a good day. Very well run. Nice bike course, not too hilly. Got very lucky with the weather too. Ya that run up the hill at the end was tough!

How did everyone else get on?

Advertisement