Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobbridge/Internship question.

• 08-01-2014 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

An internship place has become available that I would be interested in applying for. It's 39 hours a week (Mon-Fri).

I work part-time at the moment (Thursday or Friday late night and Saturday and Sunday). I receive JA on a casual dockets basis for the days I don't work.

At the moment I usually receive around €120 JA. If I were to get a place on the internship for 9 months and wanted to give up my existing employment, where would I stand.

Would I receive the €188 + €50 if I left my employment on a voluntary basis in exchange for the internship place?

My €120 is basis on the core rate of €188.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'm fairly sure you would get 188+ 50

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

I'm fairly sure you would get 188+ 50

Thanks for getting back to me. I actually since contacted Jobbrige and they said 1) I would only get the €120 + €50 if I continued working and 2) if I gave up my employment voluntarily I would have to see where I stand with my local social welfare office as technically I am not entitled to a payment if I leave employment on a voluntarily basis.

They said it was a technicality but that they couldn't say one way or the other and that it was up to the DSP.

Advertisement