Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

3 goals conceded in 101 seconds. Would have been nice odds on that in the inplay market.

That was bizarre . Tipp were well in control for the first 20 minutes , then Wicklow had a 10 minute spell helped by some poor reffing . Tipp got back on top before half time and were comfortable throughout the second half scoring 14 points to 1-5 with 3 minutes to go . They were very complacent with 10 minutes to play and there were at least 2 points scored when goals were there for the taking . They are going to have to put teams away when they are as on top as they were today particularly next year when up against better quality teams .
    Ciaran McDonald played his first game for a long time . Matthew O`Donnell made a rare start in goals today. Some of the long distance scores from Barry Grogan were awesome indeed in the first half 2 long cross field balls to Conor Sweeney were brilliant . Plenty of positives from today despite the defeat , and we were missing 6 regulars .

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

The PA system in Thurles is brutal and has been for some time , needs to be sorted out now . 3-4 times yesterday the Lady sitting next to me asked me who was coming on as no one could understand what was said .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Meagher is an extreme talent but he has been very unfortunate with injuries and seems very prone to set backs, I think he was right to concentrate on one code, and even at that I have heard he is only 50/50 for the Munster Final, with the re-occurence of a quad injury.

Unfortunately John Meagher has been ruled out for Wednesday, you would really have to feel for the lad, has had an absolutely horrible run with illness and injury for the past 3 years.

The PA system in Thurles is brutal and has been for some time , needs to be sorted out now . 3-4 times yesterday the Lady sitting next to me asked me who was coming on as no one could understand what was said .

Dreadful. The PA system itself is terrible but furthermore the mumbling of your man in the most boring monotone voice is even more insufferable.

Before anyone goes on to me about the fact he is volunteering, i know i know but i just wish someone would give him a weekend off tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

On a more positive note at last they got around to applying a lot more white markings on the ground, you can now see the sidelines and end lines etc. on TV, I spent many years asking them to do so but it always fell on deaf ears. No reason in the world why the lines could not be marked as well as the best Premiership grounds. Even if they had to get a sponsor, the first company I would mention is well established many years ie Curran's Road Markings, Clonmel. This type of thinking requires a little thinking outside the box. Is there a pun here somewhere?

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

If you are a member of the GAA and you are not happy with the deal the GAA has done for Ireland in relation to Sky Sports I recommend that you take the following course of action.

Put down a motion at your club AGM that the Sky sponsorship deal relating to Ireland not be renewed after the current deal expires! And that no more paying to view deals are entered into.

If your county has a monthly draw, do not renew it.

Encourage small businesses especially those who are not connected with selling drink to withdraw their sponsorship of local competitions.

P.S. Interesting to note how many local clubs are sponsored by the “Local Bar” even though the GAA want to see them selves as being at the vanguard of “responsible drinking”.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Xenophile wrote: »
    If you are a member of the GAA and you are not happy with the deal the GAA has done for Ireland in relation to Sky Sports I recommend that you take the following course of action.

Put down a motion at your club AGM that the Sky sponsorship deal relating to Ireland not be renewed after the current deal expires! And that no more paying to view deals are entered into.

Encourage small businesses especially those who are not connected with selling drink to withdraw their sponsorship of local competitions.

P.S. Interesting to note how many local clubs are sponsored by the “Local Bar” even though the GAA want to see them selves as being at the vanguard of “responsible drinking”.

This won't solve anything.
    A very immature post.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

On a more positive note at last they got around to applying a lot more white markings on the ground, you can now see the sidelines and end lines etc. on TV, I spent many years asking them to do so but it always fell on deaf ears. No reason in the world why the lines could not be marked as well as the best Premiership grounds. Even if they had to get a sponsor, the first company I would mention is well established many years ie Curran's Road Markings, Clonmel. This type of thinking requires a little thinking outside the box. Is there a pun here somewhere?

Jasus if Robbie Fowler ever sees a hurling game in Thurles he can road test the lime and see if it's top quality stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

This won't solve anything.
    A very immature post.

+1

Typical of xenophiles posts I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Jasus if Robbie Fowler ever sees a hurling game in Thurles he can road test the lime and see if it's top quality stuff

:D:D Great post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

You want to punish local clubs for what you perceive, I happen to disagree but its irrelevant, as a betrayal by the hierarchy in Croke Park? How does that make any sense or what do you imagine it will solve?

You want to punish local clubs for what you perceive, I happen to disagree but its irrelevant, as a betrayal by the hierarchy in Croke Park? How does that make any sense or what do you imagine it will solve?

It will help preserve the amateur game. See also my post on GAA thread for my further views.

digzy wrote: »
    +1

Typical of xenophiles posts I'm afraid.

No need to be afraid off, as the often quoted Franklin D Roosevelt said "nothing to fear but fear itself"

Why not a football match, he seems to be more interested in football!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Minor team to play Limerick on Thursday in the Gaelic Grounds
    Brian Hogan (Lorrha and Dorrha – Captain);
    Chris McCullagh (Moycarkey-Borris), Jack Skehan (Holycross-Ballycahill), Darragh Peters (Kilruane MacDonaghs);
    Billy McCarthy (Thurles Sarsfields), Paul Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash), Conor Ryan (Nenagh Eire Og);
    Andrew Coffey (Nenagh Éire Óg), Willie Connors (Kildangan);
    Alan Tynan (Roscrea), Willie Coffey (Toomevara), Shane Hennessy (Nenagh Eire Og);
    Tommy Nolan (Drom and Inch), Stephen Quirke (Moyle Rovers), Paul Ryan (Toomevara)​
    Subs: Gavin Ryan (Upperchurch Drombane), Cian Darcy (Kilruane MacDonaghs), Liam Fahey (Rockwell Rovers), Conor Floyd (Newport), Bill O’Connell (Loughmore-Castleiney), Gavin O’Halloran (Carrick Swan), Ross Peters (St. Mary’s Clonmel), Pa Ryan (Newport), Ronan Teehan (Gortnahoe-Glengoole), Robert Holohan (Newport), Enda Heffernan (Clonoulty-Rossmore), Michael Dunne (Mullinahone), Robbie Long (Drom & Inch), Brian McGrath (Loughmore-Castleiney), Shane Neville (Lattin-Cullen), Kevin Ahearne (Drom & Inch), Liam McCutcheon (Templederry Kenyons)

Interesting to see Willie Coffey at centre forward. Was only called up to the squad a shot while back. Is in Rockwell and had been with Munster u18 schools rugby side all last summer and autumn and had been central to their Senior Schools Cup side.

Best of luck to the Tipp U-21 footballers tonight against Cork. A real good chance of a Munster win. Listened to David Power on Monday nights extra time show and he spoke very well. Seemed to have his homework done on every single cork player too which was great to hear.

Good to see Liam McGrath and Colman Kennedy available for the game as well

Why not a football match, he seems to be more interested in football!

He was on Newstalk the other night believe it or not and stated that he attended the 2012 all ireland hurling final between Kilkenny and Galway.

I like football myself. Its a great game when you have two teams that really go for it ala Dublin and Mayo or Kerry......but there is nothing, absolutely nothing to beat the hurling. Only my opinion but very few games come near it for speed, skill and intensity

He was on Newstalk the other night believe it or not and stated that he attended the 2012 all ireland hurling final between Kilkenny and Galway.

I like football myself. Its a great game when you have two teams that really go for it ala Dublin and Mayo or Kerry......but there is nothing, absolutely nothing to beat the hurling. Only my opinion but very few games come near it for speed, skill and intensity

Ah now there is.
    Its called football.

On the premier ta fock :D

Struggling down in PuR at the moment. Thank god for that Colman Kennedy goal. Cork seem comfortable though nearing half time.

• Advertisement

HT. Cork 12 pts to Tipp 1-4

Can the comeback kids do it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭robbiezero

HT. Cork 12 pts to Tipp 1-4

Can the comeback kids do it again?

From the sounds of it on the radio, we are getting well beaten all over the field. Minor miracle needed to get back in the game.

robbiezero wrote: »
    From the sounds of it on the radio, we are getting well beaten all over the field. Minor miracle needed to get back in the game.

Off the ball guy at the ground said that their wing back is able to bomb down the pitch and take a few scores? Jeez...

Hoping though that bit of experience might help us regroup and address the issues.

Off the ball guy at the ground said that their wing back is able to bomb down the pitch and take a few scores? Jeez...

Hoping though that bit of experience might help us regroup and address the issues.

1 point down, some start to second half. 1-2 scored.

Stephen O'Brien with a goal!!! 13 points to 2-6 now. C'mon the premier!

Level in Pairc Ui Rinn!!!

Level in Pairc Ui Rinn!!!

false dawn.
    Sounds like Cork were far and away the better team,

Well it finished 1-18 to 3-8. A four point defeat. Pity but on the balance of things i suppose the better team won.

Well it finished 1-18 to 3-8. A four point defeat. Pity but on the balance of things i suppose the better team won.

I'd say the better team by a good distance.

• Advertisement

robbiezero wrote: »
    false dawn.
    Sounds like Cork were far and away the better team,

To be fair to the lads they never gave up but it would seem Cork were a better team in terms of taking points. Still though at least we weren't disgraced and that we are giving the big boys something to think about now. We have to keep plugging away and we will get there.

Advertisement