Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Jesus Christ ....... we are missing too many chances !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

very frustrating to hear the final score in cork especially all that went on in the winter to make sure the rest of the country get to watch a kerry/cork munster final on tv every year . i hear tipp kicked 12 wides as well tonight which adds to the disappointment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Munster Senior football championship semi-final game finished. Cork won by 0-16 to 1-11, Cork scored two points in the dying minutes, absolutely gutted for the players put in a great performance but missing too many wides costed them in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That was a heart breaking finish to the football game,the Tipp players must be devastated after going so close and having it snatched away in injury time,they can be proud of a great display though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Cork's bench - particularly Aidan Walsh - was the difference - yet Tipp had the game there to win through hard work - if only they could have taken their chances as many have outlined previously

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Cork's bench - particularly Aidan Walsh - was the difference - yet Tipp had the game there to win through hard work - if only they could have taken their chances as many have outlined previously

Like everyone else I am gutted , however we are in a really good place ! It`s only a matter of time until Tipp will also have a bench , with the young lads coming through . Had Tipp backed at 14-1 to win by 1-3 points , I knew they had it in them and so did anyone who have seen them play regularly this year . Peter Creedon deserves a lot of credit for where the team is .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

ouch, tough draw. at least were at home. if the cats loose and we get them we'll be looking at 5 championship defeats in a a row:eek:

galway stuck in 3-27 against us in a challenge less than 2 weeks ago too. We're fcuked. I feel some of the criticism of EOS is warranted, the draw for 2 years running hasn't been kind though.

marvellous display from the footballers, serious tangible progress being made. i always was amazed at the 'credit' the media gave to evans for fairly limited progress previously. he was unpopular enough according to some of the players. looks like they're all pulling together now. well done to mgmt and players.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

digzy wrote: »
    ouch, tough draw. at least were at home. if the cats loose and we get them we'll be looking at 5 championship defeats in a a row:eek:

galway stuck in 3-27 against us in a challenge less than 2 weeks ago too. We're fcuked. I feel some of the criticism of EOS is warranted, the draw for 2 years running hasn't been kind though.

marvellous display from the footballers, serious tangible progress being made. i always was amazed at the 'credit' the media gave to evans for fairly limited progress previously. he was unpopular enough according to some of the players. looks like they're all pulling together now. well done to mgmt and players.

Home against limerick didn't do us much good nor in the league final teams love coming to thurles because it sure ain't a fortress

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Delighted that we've got a tough draw. We don't need handy wins over second rate teams, we need a proper challenge to see how hurt these lads are after the Limerick and how much fight is in them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Delighted that we've got a tough draw. We don't need handy wins over second rate teams, we need a proper challenge to see how hurt these lads are after the Limerick and how much fight is in them

• Advertisement

OAOB wrote: »

Your dead right. Personally my own optimism is at an all time low. I think we're headed for the exit door either way.

Your dead right. Personally my own optimism is at an all time low. I think we're headed for the exit door either way.

I'm in total agreement my friend

I hear Brendan Maher has been very sick with a virus? (so tempted to make a joke about a hangover but will let it go)

If we line out with the same team with the same tactics - good luck...

Th eonly thing we have going for us if its kk it will be their third week on the trot with some aging players... - that said they've no fear of us and far bigger than us - a simple game plan against a team three weeks on the trot is to keep it compact at the back for 50-55 mins then let loose - but keep the game moving from the beginning fast puck outs frees but everything locked down - I've a feeling O'Shea would go for a fancy diamond formation.... going for goals from the start!!!

I hear Brendan Maher has been very sick with a virus? (so tempted to make a joke about a hangover but will let it go)

If we line out with the same team with the same tactics - good luck...

Th eonly thing we have going for us if its kk it will be their third week on the trot with some aging players... - that said they've no fear of us and far bigger than us - a simple game plan against a team three weeks on the trot is to keep it compact at the back for 50-55 mins then let loose - but keep the game moving from the beginning fast puck outs frees but everything locked down - I've a feeling O'Shea would go for a fancy diamond formation.... going for goals from the start!!!

Were they Not going for 3 weeks in the trot last year And still bet us?

no beaten by dublin on june 23rd - played us on july 6th - first qualifying game....

played wterford then on july 13th - beaten by cork after extra time on july 28th

no beaten by dublin on june 23rd - played us on july 6th - first qualifying game....

Ah right cheers wasn't to sure of the dates

played wterford then on july 13th - beaten by cork after extra time on july 28th

Bet Waterford in extra time wasn't it? Wast it great to see the Galway lads,running at the kk backs panic stations all round like woody last year except he was the only one

those big lads in the forwards caused kk all sorts of problems - but they would anyone in that form - canning, cooney, burke, flynn - big men

Smith a very dangerous runner too

buggy beag wrote: »
    Home against limerick didn't do us much good nor in the league final teams love coming to thurles because it sure ain't a fortress

I imagine it'll be televised? If not it'll be easier get tickets for thurles than for Nolan park. Yeah, totally agree. A fortress it ain't

• Advertisement

I imagine it'll be televised? If not it'll be easier get tickets for thurles than for Nolan park. Yeah, totally agree. A fortress it ain't

Ya nowlan park,gaelic grounds,pairc ui caoimh,cusack park u no ur in for a battle in any of dem places come to semple an u no uve a 50/50 chance starting off

Just been confirmed 5th july thurles on sky sports throw in at 7.rte showing the clare game earlier

buggy beag wrote: »
    Just been confirmed 5th july thurles on sky sports throw in at 7.rte showing the clare game earlier

hopefully the 'sky sports' with all the razz ma tazz will bring out the best in our 'superstars'. surely there's one championship performance in 5 from us though i wouldnt bet on them with your money!

hopefully the 'sky sports' with all the razz ma tazz will bring out the best in our 'superstars'. surely there's one championship performance in 5 from us though i wouldnt bet on them with your money!

Ya they will probaly tink we should have showed an offaly game again hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I'm glad we got a tough draw. We're going to be out the door once we meet a good team anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Great draw really.
    It will make or brake our season!
    Atleast it won't prolong the agony and a new manager can start planning for next year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Paudie will be up there with Ronaldo and Ibrahimovich as he is filmed on sky sports walking off the Tipp bus with his Beats by Dr Dre headphones. :D

Great draw really.
    It will make or brake our season!
    Atleast it won't prolong the agony and a new manager can start planning for next year.

Its an awful awful mindset most Tipperary fans have at the moment but if were being brutally honest its the reality. We'll always keep the torch of hope alight but this current crop just haven't the hunger and self discipline to go all the way.

Personally i reckon the momentum is with Galway and they'll beat Kilkenny next week. As has been proven time and again, we lack the guile and physicality to beat Kilkenny and will fall on the sword once more.

After that we can turn the page, face another winter of discontent and uncertainty and hope and pray that someone can spring out of nowhere and revolutionize Tipperary hurling once more.

Its an awful awful mindset most Tipperary fans have at the moment but if were being brutally honest its the reality. We'll always keep the torch of hope alight but this current crop just haven't the hunger and self discipline to go all the way.

Personally i reckon the momentum is with Galway and they'll beat Kilkenny next week. As has been proven time and again, we lack the guile and physicality to beat Kilkenny and will fall on the sword once more.

After that we can turn the page, face another winter of discontent and uncertainty and hope and pray that someone can spring out of nowhere and revolutionize Tipperary hurling once more.

ya agreed this is the first year in a long time im not expecting anything cant be disappointed then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

As an eternal optimist,I'm looking forward to the game.Its make or break now and I hope we get a real performance from the team. Time to throw out the self-doubting and listlessness.No excuses,just get stuck in from first to last,show some real spirit,and go drink your faces off afterwards for all I care, as long as you leave every ounce of effort and hunger out on the field.

Advertisement