Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

I'd imagine O'Mahony is still injured. Cannot believe that Maher is at full again...beggars believe - that will probably change before the game - hopefully

Barrett was so good at corner back - Mickey can play wing....a better distributor and runner with possession too...

I'd imagine O'Mahony is still injured. Cannot believe that Maher is at full again...beggars believe - that will probably change before the game - hopefully

Id imagine the likes of Dooley or Bergin would be well capable of doing a number on Maher at the edge of the square even if Offaly are bad so it is a bit of a puzzler alright.

That's a fact - very strange - it scan't be - it just can't - anybody who saw the game would not make that decision - it must be barry full - from that team sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

This might be a good time to give notice to the up to now "hurling fans" to get to Port Laois early and give their support to the footballers and become supporters of the football team as well.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Barrett was so good at corner back - Mickey can play wing....a better distributor and runner with possession too...

ya totally agree would prefer to see barrett corner back and mickey half back would always be good for a point or two from there.if thats the team barry has to play full thought he played well there.people were saying things started to change when paudie went cb but it was more that barry went in fb for me when things started to change

The Tipp SF Team to play Laois Saturday at 4.45pm is
    1 Paul Fitzgerald
    2 Ger Mulhair
    3 Paddy Codd
    4 Ciarian McDonald
    5 Colin O Riordan
    6 Robbie Kiely
    7 John Coghlan
    8 Steven O Brien
    9 George Hannigan
    10 Philip Austin
    11 Peter Acheson
    12 Brian Fox
    13 Conor Sweeney
    14 Michael Quinlivan
    15 Barry Grogan.

Quinlivan is back

Acheson and Sweeney were class the last day - Colin was very busy too - looks to be a leader on the field - for a young man - very impressive

Acheson and Sweeney were class the last day - Colin was very busy too - looks to be a leader on the field - for a young man - very impressive

Creedon said O'Riordan gave a motivational speech to the team before the Cork game and it almost put the hairs standing the back of his neck. Unbelievable from a 19 year old. What an absolute legend.

I paid particular attention to him at the game (because of his hurling credentials if I'm honest) - very impressive - cool head - took the hits - gave the hits - kept showing for ball - very high work rate - big lad too

• Advertisement

I paid particular attention to him at the game (because of his hurling credentials if I'm honest) - very impressive - cool head - took the hits - gave the hits - kept showing for ball - very high work rate - big lad too

Great story about him back when he was 15 playing for the minors in that All Ireland QF against Meath.

He looked for water from the Meath lad and was refused so he was so enraged he punched the water bottle out of yer mans hand and played like an absolute demon afterwards. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

The great thing about him is he wants to play Football , he`s not just there until he gets the Hurling call up ! Speaking to some Templemore lads lately they reckon he won`t cut the mustard when it comes to Hurling , great Club player but not Inter County standard , great news for us Football fans !

The great thing about him is he wants to Football , he`s not just there until he gets the Hurling call up ! Speaking to some Templemore lads lately they reckon he won`t cut the mustard when it comes to Hurling , great Club player but not Inter County standard , great news for us Football fans !

Ah jaysus are they sure about that? He caught absolutely everything last year for both Minors and u21s. Is that not something we're lacking? Someone with huge presence and strength under the high ball?

Ah jaysus are they sure about that? He caught absolutely everything last year for both Minors and u21s. Is that not something we're lacking? Someone with huge presence and strength under the high ball?

Maybe it was a dream :confused: ! He`s handy when it comes to catching a Football as well ;) .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

The great thing about him is he wants to play Football , he`s not just there until he gets the Hurling call up ! Speaking to some Templemore lads lately they reckon he won`t cut the mustard when it comes to Hurling , great Club player but not Inter County standard , great news for us Football fans !

Great news indeed. Robbie Kiely had a great game too last Saturday. Prob my man of the match, either him or Achenson.

yeah will be nice if the hurling (only) fans will get there early to cheer on the Footballers

1 Paul Fitzgerald
    2 Ger Mulhair
    3 Paddy Codd
    4 Ciarian McDonald
    5 Colin O Riordan
    6 Robbie Kiely
    7 John Coghlan
    8 Steven O Brien
    9 George Hannigan
    10 Philip Austin
    11 Peter Acheson
    12 Brian Fox
    13 Conor Sweeney
    14 Michael Quinlivan
    15 Barry Grogan.

Quinlivan is back

I see fahey's back too. Great athlete but I've yet to see him shine. He was taken off the Munster U-21 final after 15 mins and very hit and miss so far with the seniors. Lets hope its more hit than miss this Saturday

1 Paul Fitzgerald
    2 Ger Mulhair
    3 Paddy Codd
    4 Ciarian McDonald
    5 Colin O Riordan
    6 Robbie Kiely
    7 John Coghlan
    8 Steven O Brien
    9 George Hannigan
    10 Philip Austin
    11 Peter Acheson
    12 Brian Fox
    13 Conor Sweeney
    14 Michael Quinlivan
    15 Barry Grogan.

Quinlivan is back

Is that team right Evolving?
    This is what I got from RTE

In-form Tipperary have made just one change for their testing qualifier trip to Laois on Saturday. Ian Fahey comes into the side that so impressively dismissed Longford at centre-forward, with Peter Acheson moving to wing-back in place of John Coghlan.
    Tipperary (v Laois): P Fitzgerald; G Mulhair, P Codd, C McDonald; C O’Riordan, R Kiely, P Acheson; S O’Brien, G Hannigan; P Austin, I Fahey, B Fox; C Sweeney, M Quinlivan, B Grogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Slieveardagh

Would love to see stapleton giving the full back role think he could do a good job, If the management persist with paudie at no 3 were in big trouble, although he would probably do well saturday evening he will get found out again later in the summer

Paddico wrote: »
    I see fahey's back too. Great athlete but I've yet to see him shine. He was taken off the Munster U-21 final after 15 mins and very hit and miss so far with the seniors. Lets hope its more hit than miss this Saturday

He had a great chance early in the Under 21 final , went one on one with the Keeper and was caught in 2 minds , he shot high and wide !

This is what I got from the Tipperary gaa website:

The Tipperary team to play Laois is unchanged from the side which defeated Longford in Round 2 of the Qualifiers.

1. Paul Fitzgerald Fethard
    2. Ger Mulhair Arravale Rovers
    3. Paddy Codd (Capt) Killenaule
    4. Ciarán McDonald Aherlow
    5. Colin O’Riordan J K Brackens
    6. Robbie Kiely Arravale Rovers
    7. John Coghlan Moyne-Templetuohy
    8. Steven O’Brien Ballina
    9. George Hannigan Shannon Rovers
    10. Philip Austin Borrisokane
    11. Peter Acheson Moyle Rovers
    12. Brian Fox Eire Óg Annacarty
    13. Conor Sweeney Ballyporeen
    14. Michael Quinlivan Commercials
    15. Barry Grogan Aherlow

Tis a poor show from someone!!! Either rte or the tipp website

The Score has this:
    TIPPERARY
    1. Paul Fitzgerald (Fethard)
    2. Ger Mulhair (Arravale Rovers)
    3. Paddy Codd (Killenaule)
    4. Ciaran McDonald (Aherlow)
    5. Colin O’Riordan (JK Brackens)
    6. Robbie Kiely (Arravale Rovers)
    7. John Coghlan (Moyne-Templetuohy)
    8. Steven O’Brien (Ballina)
    9. George Hannigan (Shannon Rovers)
    10. Philip Austin (Borrisokane)
    11. Peter Acheson (Moyle Rovers)
    12. Brian Fox (Eire Og Annacarty)
    13. Conor Sweeney (Ballyporeen)
    14. Michael Quinlivan (Clonmel Commercials)
    15. Barry Grogan (Aherlow)

• Advertisement

He's had a few chances now - Stapleton - never convinced - Looks a bit light at intercounty level - he might turn the corner yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

He's had a few chances now - Stapleton - never convinced - Looks a bit light at intercounty level - he might turn the corner yet...

Paddy Saint?never convinced? I imagine your talking about him at full back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Maybe so but with 18 minutes to go last Sat we were in trouble all over the place. THere were 3 or 4 players who were deserving to be substituted at that time and I can think of 3 or 4 teams who would have kicked on and beat us out the gate.

What 3 or 4 players would you have subbed?

Well I'm so used to call The Saint - The Saint or Paddy - I thought he was talking about Tomas when the poster said Stapleton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Aussie rules football is it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

tippspur wrote: »
    Aussie rules football is it ;)

Tastes like sour grapes. Get over it! The Tipp footballers need and deserve our support today!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Articles like this piss me off:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/tipperary-likely-to-see-off-offaly-1.1863343

I know Clerkin hates Tipp which is entitlement - but he really goes out of his way to motivate teams against tipp and to generally run Tipp down...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Articles like this piss me off:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/tipperary-likely-to-see-off-offaly-1.1863343

I know Clerkin hates Tipp which is entitlement - but he really goes out of his way to motivate teams against tipp and to generally run Tipp down...
    What? Clerkin doesn't hate Tipperary. Never got that from talking to him nor from his writing. And what pisses you off in that piece exactly?

The complete dismissal of Offaly...

You're right, I'm just in a hell of a mood. I retract that comment

Does anybody think if Offaly get really stuck in to a number of our players (and there;s no pressure on them whatsoever - nobody expects anything) that they might get some joy?

The game will certainly be an indicator as to what head space the team is in - as in can they do a professional job on these guys

• Advertisement

Xenophile wrote: »
    Tastes like sour grapes. Get over it! The Tipp footballers need and deserve our support today!

Your far too sensitive. It was a tongue in cheek remark by tippspur.

Advertisement