Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Options

Comments

Articles like this piss me off:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/tipperary-likely-to-see-off-offaly-1.1863343

I know Clerkin hates Tipp which is entitlement - but he really goes out of his way to motivate teams against tipp and to generally run Tipp down...

Not sure about Clerkin to be honest. I think he is just regurgitating what we are all thinking. Loughnane's dismissal of Joe Canning last week however was very very convenient indeed but i take him and most of the other journos/pundits (Babs, Duignan) with a pinch of salt. At the end of the day, all that matters is what goes on between 7 and 8.45 on o'moore field tonight.

Offaly will need no motivation tonight anyway. They are a neighbouring county and will be out to prove a point. Id imagine we should have too much for them but you'd never know what frame of mind we could turn up in. Donal Óg's comments rang very true recently.

Clerkin is right about one guy though. Brian Carroll is a top class forward who is having a great championship even if his side aren't. He'll have to be watched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Yes - thought teh same - there must be a plan put in place for Carroll. Serious operator

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭robbiezero

The complete dismissal of Offaly...

You're right, I'm just in a hell of a mood. I retract that comment

Does anybody think if Offaly get really stuck in to a number of our players (and there;s no pressure on them whatsoever - nobody expects anything) that they might get some joy?

The game will certainly be an indicator as to what head space the team is in - as in can they do a professional job on these guys

He is just calling it like it is. The bookies handicap is 14 which says it all. Give me articles like that any day over a fence sitting one.

The bookies get it wrong from time to time- see Limerick v Tipp - plus the bookies know how to make a bet attractive...nobody does mind games quite like the bookies - it's a simple forecast for the game - it's hardly an article - i like a bit more analysis to my articles...
    But it is see putting forward a commonly held view - whether its right or not is another thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Your far too sensitive. It was a tongue in cheek remark by tippspur.

And posted at about half four too;)

What? Clerkin doesn't hate Tipperary. Never got that from talking to him nor from his writing. And what pisses you off in that piece exactly?

Is there no end to you looking for scraps? Chances are you don't know the other posters and I dare say you'll never meet them. You're just pissing yourself off..relax

Xenophile wrote: »
    Tastes like sour grapes. Get over it! The Tipp footballers need and deserve our support today!

I dunno what your game is, but suffice it to say that supporting the footballers and hurlers isn't mutually exclusive. The hurlers have a larger proportion of supporters traditionally. I dare say they all want the footballers to do well. Like any team anywhere success draws a crowd.

Personally, we played both in our club growing up and the Hurley was brought because we hardly knew going to the pitch what training we'd do! I think it's not fair to separate the two sports. Most clubs in the county turn out sides in both codes. One thing that frustrates me is the manner in which club football games are on hold while one club has a player on the hurling panel. It's very unfair to the grass roots club player.

Let's hope both sides get a result. However, the patrons will go at whatever time suits them. A "call to arms" from you won't change that.

Denis Maher - came in and put his hand up - Gar did himself no favours today

Hopefully Callinan's hand is not broken. Anybody know anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Don't think we really learned anything from that
    Tipp built up and early lead and sat back
    Let Offaly back into it, put the foot down again and were comfortable in the end
    Did think Denis Maher had a good game myself

• Advertisement

Some win for the footballers - fantastic - footballing footballers - as opposed to the iron curtain

Bring on Galway!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Your far too sensitive. It was a tongue in cheek remark by tippspur.

Why do you feel the need to speak on his behalf, as far as I can see he is well able to talk for himself. Not too many tongue in cheek comments about the hurlers here!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Xenophile wrote: »
    Tastes like sour grapes. Get over it! The Tipp footballers need and deserve our support today!
    Jaysus you're very touchy,I was only messing :cool:

Two great wins for Tipp in Portlaois tonight,long may it continue.

i heard we won't know the extent of Seamie's injury until the morning is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

i heard we won't know the extent of Seamie's injury until the morning is that true?
    Most certainly. Will give time to see what happens with just rest on the injury and let any swelling etc go down.

It was a scandalous pull across him

tippspur wrote: »
    Two great wins for Tipp in Portlaois tonight,long may it continue.

Mal clerkin wrote that you couldn't see a better game than our match with Laois. Lookin fwd to the highlights o the Sunday game already

Not many counties left that can do the double

Great result for the hurlers. Important to consider the opposition who were pish poor. I'm still a bit concerned regarding our ability to win our own ball and the backs left in a fair tally.

Gleeson won't wanna see a replay o the goal. Still don't fancy Paudie at full back. Stapleton looked a bit dodgy, Barrett was quiet enough. John o Dwyer and gar were very quiet.

Nice to see bergin get a few points, seamie appears to have improved a lot though twill be interesting to see how he does against a tighter back line, bonnar excellent as usual. Great to see lar amongst the goals and McGrath did well enough. Great to see eoin get on and get a great shout from the fans. Forde got a nice point. Thought they were off the panel from a previous poster?

A poster mentioned Denis maher who came on. I thought he did well, hot stuck in but for what ever reason he always seemed to be surrounded by Offaly backs and got little space.

I presume well have the dubs next-presuming cork win tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Lovely to hear Tipp footballers being described as being a serious outfit on Radio One last evening. It's great to see the youth come through to senior, hopefully they'll continue their run. They'll give a good game to whoever they draw in the next round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Moyorris

Will Philip Quirke be available soon.How many of the 2011 Minors are not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Moyorris wrote: »
    Will Philip Quirke be available soon.How many of the 2011 Minors are not available.
    4 of that minor side played yesterday. Don't know about Quirke's availability

That's his lack of pace - Denis will never get away from markers too handy - but he does have good strength to hold off lads and give himself some space - how that will work against dublin or kk though - who have very big men - is another thing

That's his lack of pace - Denis will never get away from markers too handy - but he does have good strength to hold off lads and give himself some space - how that will work against dublin or kk though - who have very big men - is another thing

If a free man can have the cop on to give him the option of a layoff then it could work the finest. We're not making ourselves available for the ball enough.

Moyorris wrote: »

That lad is a joy to watch. The way he takes the ball and moves forward - with all the grace of a Swan. Would have loved to have seen him involved this year.

Who can the footballers face now? Galway, Losers of Dublin v Meath, or Losers of Donegal v Monaghan. Has it been pre determined?

Edit: Galway i see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Who can the footballers face now? Galway, Losers of Dublin v Meath, or Losers of Donegal v Monaghan. Has it been pre determined?

Has to be Galway. Ourselves and Sligo came through the side of the draw that has the Munster and Connacht runners up, we've already faced Cork so Galway it is.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Has to be Galway. Ourselves and Sligo came through the side of the draw that has the Munster and Connacht runners up, we've already faced Cork so Galway it is.

Any double header possibilities? Assuming that both the hurling and football will be in Croker?

Not to impressed with that Galway team against Mayo today,we can beat them.

• Advertisement

tippspur wrote: »
    Not to impressed with that Galway team against Mayo today,we can beat them.

We only lost by 2 points to them last year and we have got men back since. Well beatable.

No fear of Cork (should they lose) or Dublin either to be honest in the hurling though im assuming we'll get Dublin if Wexford beat Waterford in such a scenario.

Advertisement