Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Will hill 16 be open next weekend? I always prefer the terraces as I hate being stuck in a seat for a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Will hill 16 be open next weekend? I always prefer the terraces as I hate being stuck in a seat for a couple of hours.

Yep, I've mine bought so the hill will definitely be open..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

In fairness, that's a fantastic team and bench....

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=222070

It does not look invincible like the teams of old - but when you look at that full back line and half forward line - it's pretty impressive

Kilkenny are good but slightly overrated. In comparison to recent years they're carrying a lot of hurlers in that team. TJ Reid and Richie Hogan make up a lot of work in midfield and that half forward line. Eoin Larkin and Colin Fennelly haven't shown the same promise that they showed at the start of the league. Kelly at FF isn't exactly a world beater by any stretch.

That Full Back line is solid particularly JJ and Paul Murphy but Jackie Tyrrell is someone who dominates the physical game but can be exposed with quick feet around him.

Saying that they will probably win the all. Ireland. It'll be interesting to see how Fennelly and Walsh do in that half forward line

glued wrote: »
    Kilkenny are good but slightly overrated. In comparison to recent years they're carrying a lot of hurlers in that team. TJ Reid and Richie Hogan make up a lot of work in midfield and that half forward line. Eoin Larkin and Colin Fennelly haven't shown the same promise that they showed at the start of the league. Kelly at FF isn't exactly a world beater by any stretch.

That Full Back line is solid particularly JJ and Paul Murphy but Jackie Tyrrell is someone who dominates the physical game but can be exposed with quick feet around him.

Saying that they will probably win the all. Ireland. It'll be interesting to see how Fennelly and Walsh do in that half forward line
    Well summed up,although I may be very wrong but I think Limerick will take them today. Either way I think the allireland winners will come from next sundays match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Well summed up,although I may be very wrong but I think Limerick will take them today. Either way I think the allireland winners will come from next sundays match.

Couldn't disagree more! Kk will win today and they'll beat cork who I expect to get the better of us next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

The focus determination and commitment that we saw in 2009 and 2010 isnt there anymore, Tipp is still a hotbed of hurling talent but something tells me the determination and focus and work ethic isnt there.... some may see this season as a redeeming season to that of last year, tipp have stumbled their way into an all ireland semi realistically and i have never felt 100% confident in the side. Cork have come on leaps and bounds since that deshevveled worn old side a couple of years ago and limerick i think are near to on par with tipp... i think its our perenial arrogance that always leads us to overstating our ability. We need to leave no corner unturned like kilkenny under Brian Cody in order to play the best. This was like this under Liam Sheedy and with all due respect to mr O Shea he doesnt possess the tyranical manner that the likes of sheedy and cody possess.

The focus determination and commitment that we saw in 2009 and 2010 isnt there anymore, Tipp is still a hotbed of hurling talent but something tells me the determination and focus and work ethic isnt there.... some may see this season as a redeeming season to that of last year, tipp have stumbled their way into an all ireland semi realistically and i have never felt 100% confident in the side. Cork have come on leaps and bounds since that deshevveled worn old side a couple of years ago and limerick i think are near to on par with tipp... i think its our perenial arrogance that always leads us to overstating our ability. We need to leave no corner unturned like kilkenny under Brian Cody in order to play the best. This was like this under Liam Sheedy and with all due respect to mr O Shea he doesnt possess the tyranical manner that the likes of sheedy and cody possess.

I have to laugh when fellas say'Limerick are nearly on par with tipp'. They have beaten us the last two years and should have won in Thurles the year before that. I genuinely can see a Tipp v Limerick all ireland coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I have to laugh when fellas say'Limerick are nearly on par with tipp'. They have beaten us the last two years and should have won in Thurles the year before that. I genuinely can see a Tipp v Limerick all ireland coming up.

Yes, however there's no doubt that Limerick are a bogey team for tipperary.
    Most years they save their best performance of the year for Tipp.

The only thing more predictable about Limerick saving their best performance for Tipp is their demise in the rest of the championship.

Id expect KK to win by 5 or 6 points today but I hope I'm wrong.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

well lads,what did ye think of the game today.serious workrate from both teams.thought the dublin backs came out with ease the last day and on todays viewing our forwards will have to seriously up the workrate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

buggy beag wrote: »
    well lads,what did ye think of the game today.serious workrate from both teams.thought the dublin backs came out with ease the last day and on todays viewing our forwards will have to seriously up the workrate

was that the game we won by 13 points?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

was that the game we won by 13 points?

I didnt say anything about our ability to score i was talking about our workrate in the forwards when the opposition backs are in possession

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

It seemed like KK just invited Limerick on in the second half and hit them on the break - Larkin was everywhere doing dirty work - some man

just keep trying to break us down said KK and they just swallowed them up - fair play to Limerick - they were aggressive and took it to them - just did not have the guile to find that killer pass or knock a couple over from tight out on the wings in the second half

great game - the weather might have helped Limerick - KK clearly the better stick men apart from Dowling - Dowling is a fantastic hurler - might be a fitness issue there - he faded

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Second goal was the killer for Limerick,before that they were on the up and were two points ahead and playing well,then they let in that soft second goal and it seemed to knock the good out of them,it's a pity,it would have been nice to see a win for Limerick,the cats are beatable though,not the great team that they were.I really hope now we get a crack at them in September.

THey were beatable today alright - however, i fear that game will bring them on a tonne - another month for Power and Fennelly to get more fit - I doubt Mark Kelly will start again
    I thought it was a great second goal - excellent finish - thing of beauty

Great game in very poor conditions

If you were told before the game that TJ Reid 0-5 (0-5f), Richie Hogan and Eoin Larkin would not score a point - both got goals - you'd probably have said Limerick will win...

Both KK form players did not score a point from play - Hogan got a goal - KK still managed to win...

Hannon got five points off Hogan...

August and September is the time to hit form - Can Tipp hit Form - can they take off now?

Did Limerick's effort yesterday echo Tipperary's effort in 2009?

August and September is the time to hit form - Can Tipp hit Form - can they take off now?

Time will tell i suppose. We're 70 mins away from making an All Ireland final. Without belief we have nothing so i suppose all we can do is believe in the team. We're as good as any of them but we really need to cut out the little errors. There is just no margin for error from here on in. Our game has to be pin point precise and efficient.
    Did Limerick's effort yesterday echo Tipperary's effort in 2009?

Similar in a sense that Limerick lacked a clinical edge in front of goal on the day. We had better chances of goals in 09 only we met PJ Ryan in the form of his life. Limerick didn't really create the same level of chances for themselves yesterday although they did come close on the stroke of half time.

I think Lar, Seamie, Bonnar and Bubbles offer more potency and experience up front. Its a matter of creating the chances for them.

A crucial moment yesterday - and everybody is focused in on the swipe on Power, which was a red card, - but when JJ held back the man through on goal when the ball went behind JJ - that could have been a goal for Limerick and really could have set them alight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

[QUOTE=Deleted User;916822
    I think Lar, Seamie, Bonnar and Bubbles offer more potency and experience up front. Its a matter of creating the chances for them.[/QUOTE]

We must get the ball in direct and very quickly and show a bit of condfidence in our forwards.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

I hope our current crop of players realise whats at stake on sunday(apart from a place in the all ireland final). Losing to cork in the first time the counties have met in an all ireland semi final would be very hard to take-almost as bad as 97 when we lost twice to clare.

hahah in all fairness now, I think nobody realizes more or has given more than the players. I don't think it could mean anymore to anyone not involved in the set up - sacrifices and commitment etc etc

Would we fair better in the rain?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Would we fair better in the rain?

Against Kilkenny yes. Against Cork, I'm not sure. It all depends on our forwards, they like to run at players, if they could keep their footing the rain shouldn't be a problem.

One slip however and a beautifully worked play is ruined!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Looking forward to the team announcement tomorrow night,I expect if Cahill is fit he will start with Stableton missing out,can't see any more changes than that.

If Cahill comes back in - you see Stapleton out and McgRATH kept in midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Do you see maher or bergin going midfield? Personally I'd put maher, I think bergin looks way more comfortable in the half backs and maher is ideally suited to this cork midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Do you see maher or bergin going midfield? Personally I'd put maher, I think bergin looks way more comfortable in the half backs and maher is ideally suited to this cork midfield

• Advertisement

Brendan or Padraic Maher? Who would you put center back then? Is O'Mahony fit enough? What's your starting back 6 and midfield?

Advertisement