Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Something like this.

Gleeson
    Barrett Barry Cahill
    Bergin B Maher Paudie Maher
    Woodlock Shane McGrath
    O Dwyer bonner Gar Ryan
    Noel Mc Grath Callinan Larry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

tippspur wrote: »
    Something like this.

Gleeson
    Barrett Barry Cahill
    Bergin B Maher Paudie Maher
    Woodlock Shane McGrath
    O Dwyer bonner Gar Ryan
    Noel Mc Grath Callinan Larry.

I'd be putting Brendan centre field, the pace of these cork midfielders is too much for Shane Mcgrath. He had a good game against Dublin but these lads are a big step up.
    I'd pull Cahill out to the half backs and bring Stapleton back in. I'd put Paudie shadowing Harnedy along the half backs as he's their main puck out target.
    The problem with this set up is we haven't an established centre back but no one has stepped in there this year and made the position their own. I'd like to see Cahill get a shot at it as he's a very versatile player but All-Ireland semi finals isn't an ideal time to be doing this.
    On the positive side I think our backs match up pretty well agsinst cork forwards. Tipp to win by 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,052 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Training tonight at 7pm, all supporters welcome.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Tipp Team v Cork:Gleeson Barrett P Maher Stapleton B Maher Barry Bergin S McGrath Woodlock Ryan P Maher ODwyer N McGrath Callanan Corbett

No Cahill or O'Mahoney. Team same as started against Dublin. Don't think that team will start. Still think Cahill will start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Has Cahill been training?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

http://ow.ly/Ajxeu good piece in the irish exmainer just spotted it on facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

If cahill is fit and will start then what is the advantage in not naming him in the team? Its not as if cork haven't figured that he may be starting and naming him in the team 15 minutes before the start isn't going to upset their plans.

Has Cahill been training?

Cork team: Anthony Nash, Shane O'Neill, Damien Cahalane, Stephen McDonnell, Christopher Joyce, Mark Ellis, Lorcan McLoughlin. Daniel Kearney, Aidan Walsh, Conor Lehane, Bill Cooper, Seamus Harnedy, Alan Cadogan, Patrick Cronin, Patrick Horgan.

Going on the chosen teams and form, you'd have to say Cork are favs

• Advertisement

Going on the chosen teams and form, you'd have to say Cork are favs

Paddy power, cork 10-11, Tipp 11-10

They were evens - must be a bit of money going on Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Paddy power, cork 10-11, Tipp 11-10

If that was the final score I'd be happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Lots of people are saying that Cahill is fit and ready,if that's the case he will start and the team announced is just a dummy team.

I just want to know if he has trained...regardless of what people are saying.

As it was an open session - did he train....the whole the session?

all this talk could be just talk or wishful thinking

If that's the case who is the poor bugger who has the suffer the ignominy of being named in a shadow team to be pulled? Stapleton?

tippspur wrote: »
    Lots of people are saying that Cahill is fit and ready,if that's the case he will start and the team announced is just a dummy team.

I don't believe o'shea would go in for this 'dummy team' crap.

If that's the case who is the poor bugger who has the suffer the ignominy of being named in a shadow team to be pulled? Stapleton?

I'm sure if it's a shadow team the panel know what the actual starting 15 are so no ignominy

I'm sure if it's a shadow team the panel know what the actual starting 15 are so no ignominy

No ignominy on the panel - just in front of the rest of the country then! Pure sound, Eamon!

• Advertisement

No ignominy on the panel - just in front of the rest of the country then! Pure sound, Eamon!

The first people will hear about this is the announcer in the stadium and no one will give two fecks after the game about dummy teams being named.
    And to be honest at this stage of the year you'd be hoping lads would be rid of egos and supportive of whoever is in the team and just be ready if they're called upon

In the stadium...and on this thread...and facebook...and twitter...and...gossip...and nowhere else!!!!!!!!!!!

In the stadium...and on this thread...and facebook...and twitter...and...gossip...and nowhere else!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure everyone is only speculating that it's a dummy team. This is only fans looking for a story before the match.
    If it is a dummy team then the official news will be released an hour before throw in and by then whoever is dropped will onlybe surrounded by lads who already knew the plan. No ignominy

Yeah - I'm sure he'll get all the claps on the back when he goes back to the parish and club knowing that he played the dummy team role to a tee!!! No ignominy, whatsoever. It's what all players dream of - pulling on that dummy shirt - last minute change just before throw in...oh, makes the hairs rise on arms just thinking about it!!!!!

"yeah, that's right, lad! I'm the dummy, playing my role, kid. They won't know what hit them when I get called off off the team just before throw in...dreamed of this as a kid, you know yourself."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who talks about a dummy team after the match?

Who talks about a dummy team after the match?

Analysts, newspaper reports, people who see the game...people with a general interest - "How did your man go?" "No, he didn't start..." = etc, etc, etc

It's called conversation.

Well I'll tell you what, you can discuss the starting team after the match and I'll discuss what happened during the actual match

If the starting team is different from the team named to start then the starting point for conversation will be who started and how that impacted or failed to impact upon the game!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

You'll discuss whether it was the right team that started not whether it was the right team that was named on Thurs; naming a dummy team is irrelevant

Advertisement