Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

To be honest I'm in favour of the games going ahead. I think 2 weeks is plenty of time to prepare for any game, consider soccer or rugby and they haven't near as long before big matches. I also think club games can be a good distraction for some of the lads, there's a lot of pressure on these lads and the club games can allow them releases a bit of tension.
    The obvious worry is an injury but hurling is a hard game and you can't be afraid of lads getting a smack. A twisted ankle or such could happen as easily at training.
    I'm open to correction on any of this but they'd be my initial feelings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Everybody is making good points. But I'll just say this- it's a contentious issue - the games go ahead - that's a story - if any player gets injured that's a story - if one player such as seamie/paudie/brendan/woodlock/bubbles pulled a hamstring and misses the AL then its a mess of negativity before the big game - a boost for the opposition - It's unfair on a lot of people no matter what the decision is - I wouldn't play the games if I had the control not if I was taking AL seriously - it is massively unfair on the club player but I would resist

It's a gamble - rolling the dice before the final

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

My gut feeling is the games should be played. There have only been 4 rounds of Senior Championship games played this year as far as I know. Unfair on the majority who are training since January and February.

However, I'd imagine Ballingarry, for example, are going to tear lumps out of Bubbles. Today, they won't give a ****e about Tipperary winning an All Ireland, and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭robbiezero

My gut feeling is the games should be played. There have only been 4 rounds of Senior Championship games played this year as far as I know. Unfair on the majority who are training since January and February.

However, I'd imagine Ballingarry, for example, are going to tear lumps out of Bubbles. Today, they won't give a ****e about Tipperary winning an All Ireland, and rightly so.

I think it's nuts to be honest. They priobably should have got more rounds of it played earlier in the year, but a fortnight before the All-Ireland is not the time to be making up for it. If Paudie or Brendan Maher or Seamus Callinan picks up an injury there will be war and rightly so.
    These are the guys that are the main scorers, main defenders for their teams, will be on the most ball etc and are the danger men and so will attract the most attention and are probably the most likely to pick up injuries.

robbiezero wrote: »
    I think it's nuts to be honest. They priobably should have got more rounds of it played earlier in the year, but a fortnight before the All-Ireland is not the time to be making up for it. If Paudie or Brendan Maher or Seamus Callinan picks up an injury there will be war and rightly so.
    These are the guys that are the main scorers, main defenders for their teams, will be on the most ball etc and are the danger men and so will attract the most attention and are probably the most likely to pick up injuries.

They definitely should have got more rounds played, however the Tipp footballers in the Qualifiers made that difficult. There was no Senior hurling in June/July which is crazy.

Unfortunately it goes back to the 'there are too many Senior clubs in Tipp' debate. As the footballers are getting stronger year on year, their fixtures will now make it harder to get club Championships finished, especially while we have 30 odd Senior teams.

P.S. Any word on relegation draws?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I totally disagree and I hope the first guy who pulls a dirty stroke gets a red card.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Xenophile wrote: »
    I totally disagree and I hope the first guy who pulls a dirty stroke gets a red card.

Why should county players be treated differently to the rest of the club players? Anyway, both Bubbles and Bergin came through unscathed

Why should county players be treated differently to the rest of the club players? Anyway, both Bubbles and Bergin came through unscathed

No problem with them taking a few hard knocks so long as there is no intention of doing real harm. Last year for example, Bergin got a plate in his forearm due to a knock he picked up against Mullinahone.

Who won the Killenaule vs Ballingarry game?

I'm presuming Killenaule.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Who won the Killenaule vs Ballingarry game?

I'm presuming Killenaule.

correct K 0.17, B 3.14

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

correct K 0.17, B 3.14

According to that Ballingarry won! ;)

Loughc wrote: »
    According to that Ballingarry won! ;)

I take it you were out on the days they taught maths?

Oh shyte, my mistake!!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Nope I really wasn't hahahaha

What time is the training on tomorrow evening? It's open to the public.

https://tipperary.gaa.ie/tipperary-training-open-publin/

Just says training will be open to the public at the usual training times. Not sure what they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Loughc wrote: »
    https://tipperary.gaa.ie/tipperary-training-open-publin/

Just says training will be open to the public at the usual training times. Not sure what they are!
    Don't Tipperary usually train Mondays and Thursdays 7pm or maybe 7.30?? Isnt exactly hard to figure out

results of the divisional semi's so far this weekend
    Mid
    Upperchurch 2-19 Loughmore 1-21 after extra time.

South
    Killenaule 3-14 Ballingarry 0-16

West
    Eire Og Annacarthy 4-14 Cappawhite 1-11

North
    Burgess 1-16 Kilruane 0-17

Don't Tipperary usually train Mondays and Thursdays 7pm or maybe 7.30?? Isnt exactly hard to figure out

Well if it 'isn't exactly hard to figure out' then what time is it on at ?

Well if it 'isn't exactly hard to figure out' then what time is it on at ?

Tuesday at 7.30pm as far as I know. Tues and Thurs were always the hurlers nights in Dr Morris.

Tuesday at 7.30pm as far as I know. Tues and Thurs were always the hurlers nights in Dr Morris.

Look,it's on tomorrow evening,Monday,right! Ijust want to know what time it starts at. I'l just have to go back to the pre internet days and stroll down to the pub and ask someone.

• Advertisement

Cummins won his 8th All-Ireland Poc Fada title today in the Cooley Mountains

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Has Johnny B got the pen and paper out yet? :)

A revisit to one of my old time favourites

Catchy out. Song is a classic! Well written even if it borrows the tune.
    No problem with them taking a few hard knocks so long as there is no intention of doing real harm. Last year for example, Bergin got a plate in his forearm due to a knock he picked up against Mullinahone.

Stuff like that happens all the time, shur I read once that Bonner got hurleys broken across him playing for Lorrha in one game. They try take the best player out of the game.

Did Michael Cahill play at the weekend for Thurles? Wondering about his fitness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Did Michael Cahill play at the weekend for Thurles? Wondering about his fitness.

Yeah Cahill played and was fine. Lar was way off the pace though.

glued wrote: »

Same as the semifinal so! You'd worry for Lar if he starts but if he doesn't start who else do we put in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Tickets sorted this morning lets skin some cats( fingers and toes crossed).

Barry Kelly is the ref for the final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Barry Kelly is the ref for the final

Better than Brian Gavin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Comordha

I would give D.Maher a go instead of Lar. Barry Kelly is a good ref choice as he'll control the Kilkenny dark arts.

• Advertisement

glued wrote: »

Excellent re: Cahill. Hope he gets a start. Disappointing about Lar, I thought this round of matches would keep all players sharp.

Advertisement