Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

GerB40 wrote: »
    Any word on the tickets folks?

Out some day next week are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭chocaholic04

The allocation to clubs is suppose to be tomorrow night between 7.30 and 9 (AFAIK in the south)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I'm mad after tickets so if anyone has two floating around, I would love to take them off your hands and name my first child after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I'm mad after tickets so if anyone has two floating around, I would love to take them off your hands and name my first child after you.

To anyone replying to ReacherCreature I'd like to make the same request but to sweeten the deal I can make a decent chilli con carne and it's all yours, if you can get tickets :-)

In da same boat myself.is there any reason Why You can't bring your ticket stubs to the matches You have went to throughout the year to your local gaa club And be quaranteed a ticket based on that,surely this would then encourage others to Go to more matches during the year.the amount of people I've heard say their going with their tickets sorted that wouldn't know one end of a hurley from.another would make ya sick while genuine supporters that Go to as many matches as they can are left at home system is so wrong imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

buggy beag wrote: »
    In da same boat myself.is there any reason Why You can't bring your ticket stubs to the matches You have went to throughout the year to your local gaa club And be quaranteed a ticket based on that,surely this would then encourage others to Go to more matches during the year.the amount of people I've heard say their going with their tickets sorted that wouldn't know one end of a hurley from.another would make ya sick while genuine supporters that Go to as many matches as they can are left at home system is so wrong imo.
    No and no. I totally disagree about bringing ticket stubs to be guaranteed tickets. If you're going to games all year and always go you should have enough connections etc to get tickets for games like AI finals. Who cares if someone who doesn't go to games through the year is going to final. How will you know the difference on day of game?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

No and no. I totally disagree about bringing ticket stubs to be guaranteed tickets. If you're going to games all year and always go you should have enough connections etc to get tickets for games like AI finals. Who cares if someone who doesn't go to games through the year is going to final. How will you know the difference on day of game?

Although I agree that you should be looked after if you regularly attend games, I've never seen a lad who goes to games regularly short of a ticket at throw in.

You'll always pick one up in around The Big Tree or Quinn's for Croker games.

Also, there's the option of the season ticket, for people too.

I have a friend whose father is a fairly successful business man. Neither father nor son have an interest in GAA but year after year the oul lad gets offered tickets to the big games. Corporate box, stands, wherever.
    This year the son decided to go because of all the hype about tickets. This will be his first time at a hurling match.

Do you think this is fair?

GerB40 wrote: »
    I have a friend whose father is a fairly successful business man. Neither father nor son have an interest in GAA but year after year the oul lad gets offered tickets to the big games. Corporate box, stands, wherever.
    This year the son decided to go because of all the hype about tickets. This will be his first time at a hurling match.

Do you think this is fair?
    Yes it is. Should there be people checking up on people's history of attending games stopping people from getting tickets as they haven't been to enough games in the year....:rolleyes:
    Yes it is fair if the son goes to the game.

No i don't have connections from attending matches.i might talk to.the lad beside me I'm their to watch the match Not network And of course it would bother me What if we all just decided to only attend finals And Not bother with the matches through the year WOULD YOU NOTICE THEN .an no i havnt got the money to just take a chance i might get one up there if i couldn't get a ticket beforehand id just watch it at home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah I remember in 01 there was a huge scramble for tickets, managed to get one eventually sitting on my own in the stand surrounded by people from derry who had no interest in the game. Even asked me why there was 3 in the goal for a penalty in the minor!

I'm also looking for tickets aswell :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Ya i realise other counties should get tickets to encourage their interest And gaa clubs get them for the volunteers but just feel.their should be another system.in place for people going to games during the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I may have a few spare this year. Tipp are distributing them tonight. Kilkenny on Monday for the Tuesday night session. By then we should see what the demand is like. I know guys well up in both supporters clubs and you haven't much of a hope of getting two stand tickets as it stands but there should be a few hill.

If I have a couple spare I'll be sure to let someone know on here but you'll have to travel to Kildare to pick it up!

You will get tickets if you go to Thurles next Friday/Saturday there are always a few around. Unless you have your name on them you won't be getting a seat in Croker. Like every year it seems as if demand is high but even in 2010 there was plenty of tickets if you know where to look. Kilkenny is also a good place for tickets as it's always much easier to get tickets there as they distribute them much better IMO.

I think Forde's leadership on the night was second to none - gave a great performance. He's underage career stands up to anyone, apart from maybe Eoin Kelly, in terms of performance for tipp. Clare have steam rolled every one in the under 21 since - and the last few years at that grade. The positivity to Forde's performances far out weigh the negative. Your arguments boils down to opinion and just not liking the player as a player which is far enough - but saying he lacks leadership after being the top scorer from play and setting up the goal is bizarre to be honest. If you think missing a few frees (actually scored a lot more than he missed) is a lack of leadership then I'd totally disagree with you.

Deceivingly good at club level .... I don't understand that...his performances are his performances. Players like Murphy will always find it tough to make the grade initially as they are stand up players based on strenght- their game is not based on movement - so they are coming into the grade where players are older and have been on weight training regimes longer - it will take him years to get the strength up to play the game he wants -that is dependent upon him not losing his confidence first of course

What i meant was that his club performances are convincing intercounty selectors to give him a try but in reality club and intercounty are poles apart.

The Tipp championship in particular needs serious surgery. There are arguably 10-16 teams too much in the championship. Even in a competitive championship i suspect a huge gulf.

No i don't have connections from attending matches.i might talk to.the lad beside me I'm their to watch the match Not network And of course it would bother me What if we all just decided to only attend finals And Not bother with the matches through the year WOULD YOU NOTICE THEN .an no i havnt got the money to just take a chance i might get one up there if i couldn't get a ticket beforehand id just watch it at home
    You must have some connections to get tickets. Of course you are at a match to watch the game not network but you surely by going regularly to games etc have plenty of friends who you an try go to games
    What i meant was that his club performances are convincing intercounty selectors to give him a try but in reality club and intercounty are poles apart.

The Tipp championship in particular needs serious surgery. There are arguably 10-16 teams too much in the championship. Even in a competitive championship i suspect a huge gulf.
    Yes club and inter county are poles apart but his club performances and underage showed(and show) a lot of talent and that talent deserved a viewing at the higher grade.

The club championships do need radical overhaul and while there is work starting on it by county board with 2 going down to intermediate much more needs to be done. Think 14-18 teams in the top grade with 14-18 in the next as senior A/B grades and then intermediate and none of the mixing of each grade

You must have some connections to get tickets. Of course you are at a match to watch the game not network but you surely by going regularly to games etc have plenty of friends who you an try go to games
    Yes club and inter county are poles apart but his club performances and underage showed(and show) a lot of talent and that talent deserved a viewing at the higher grade.

The club championships do need radical overhaul and while there is work starting on it by county board with 2 going down to intermediate much more needs to be done. Think 14-18 teams in the top grade with 14-18 in the next as senior A/B grades and then intermediate and none of the mixing of each grade

Id agree Paddy deserves his go to be fair but i just cant see him improving too drastically to cement a place. He is 24 now. I suppose he must be doing something right though.

Conor Kenny is another example of a lad who is a very good club player but didnt impress for the seniors.

I suppose the way they see it Buggy is that you could get stubs from anywhere akin to the way people sometimes give supermarket loyalty club coupons away. Id agree though that those who present stubs should get considered for a ticket. As someone said they are giving them away for sport to certain people while real fans suffer. I heard of a case back in 91 where Americans staying local asked the local publican as to 'what these things were, we were given them in the airport arrivals lounge'. Could be BS but it wouldn't surprise me if it was true either.

You for example went down to the Waterford Crystal clash against Kerry in Tralee. That deserves a ticket alone :) There are a few youngsters that will be on the hill that will be only up there for the piss up and i can tell you Kerry back in January was far from their minds. I remember being on the hill in 09 and the amount of drunk teenagers (from both counties) was shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Before the hype over the Hurling Final reaches Fever Pitch lets look forward a little (small diversion) to Div 3 of the football for next season.

1 Armagh
    2 Louth
    3 Fermanagh
    4 Sligo
    5 Wexford
    6 Limerick
    7 Tipperary
    8 Clare

As there will be some long distance travel involved, for many reasons it would be great if we could have all fixture dates and venues as soon as possible.

Wishing the hurlers every luck...............I will be there.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

glued wrote: »

If I have a couple spare I'll be sure to let someone know on here but you'll have to travel to Kildare to pick it up!

I'd travel to the back arse of nowhere for a couple of tickets at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

BTW, how much are Hill 16 tickets for the match ?

• Advertisement

2010 they were €35. 2011/2012 they were €40. Going by that I'd imagine €40/€45.
    With the GAA ya never know though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Conor Kenny is a different kettle of fish altogether - he is coming from Kildare hurling - he's only operating in Tipp two years? He has serious talent - but has some bad habits - if he ever makes it, it will take time

:D:D:D

That video is top quality especially the very last bit. Jesus Music producers could learn a thing or two from Johnny B.

The gift that keeps on giving - A living Legend!

Conor Kenny is a different kettle of fish altogether - he is coming from Kildare hurling - he's only operating in Tipp two years? He has serious talent - but has some bad habits - if he ever makes it, it will take time

His whole application is absolutely dreadful to be honest. When he motors he has serious talent but he really needs to apply himself better. A teacher would write 'Must try harder' on his school report

An undoubted talent alright. If he could get the bit between his teeth he would be a real asset. Until then though all we can do is wait and wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Tickets were scarce enough for the 2011 final also but a couple of days before the game there was plenty floating around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

€40 for Hill 16,€80 for the stands I'm told.

• Advertisement

tippspur wrote: »
    Tickets were scarce enough for the 2011 final also but a couple of days before the game there was plenty floating around.

The amount of tickets floating around Dorset St that day was unreal. However i think tickets might be that bit scarcer this time. Kilkenny out to bridge a two year gap and we are out to bridge a four year gap. Both teams with a point to prove. There is no one trying to knock the other off a pedestal this time like 09,10, and 11

Advertisement