Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Kenny's 6-9 from play is ridiculous. Where does he play? I read he sometimes plays at half forward?

Same question for Brendan Maher on the club scene? He's a seriously versatile hurler.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Can't bate the Johnny B song before a Hurling final,great stuff.:cool:

tippspur wrote: »
    €40 for Hill 16,€80 for the stands I'm told.

80 for stand alright. Came out of the bank account today. Now just waiting to get the ticket in my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

BTW, how much are Hill 16 tickets for the match ?

€40. Picked mine up earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Brendan Maher puts out fires for Borris everywhere - think he plays midfield

Kenny shifts in and out between the lines - but been getting time at full forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

looder wrote: »
    €40. Picked mine up earlier.

Where might I get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Brendan Maher puts out fires for Borris everywhere - think he plays midfield

Kenny shifts in and out between the lines - but been getting time at full forward

Yea, he's unbelievable for Borris. In the North Semi against Nenagh last weekend he was supreme. It was a dirty auld day and everybody else was struggling with the conditions but his touch and his reading of the game was supreme. Conor Kenny is a great goal threat alright. Great ball winning forward, which are always lacking in Tipp. Would be interesting to see him in action at inter county level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Where might I get one?

Nenagh Éire Óg will be getting some back from the county board on Tuesday at the latest. I'd imagine other clubs will be similar...

Watching Dublin v Donegal today - it struck me - Tipp have had no tough game since Limerick - Galway was not exactly a tight win for a finish.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/mullane-oshea-must-heed-history-lesson-and-start-cahill-against-kilkenny-30553474.html

Donal Og suggested that maybe Cahill could man mark Hogan in midfield...what do people think of that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/mullane-oshea-must-heed-history-lesson-and-start-cahill-against-kilkenny-30553474.html

Donal Og suggested that maybe Cahill could man mark Hogan in midfield...what do people think of that?

Ya its defo worth a Thought anyway isn't it hogan is the man that pulls the strings for them.What way would You have the team line out then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

I know Cahill is one of our best players but I'd be pretty reluctant to make changes if we can help it. The team has shown good balance in the last 2 matches and I don't think anyone deserves to be dropped. Also having Cahill on the bench gives us a lot of flexibility on where we can use him if/when he is required

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ticket sorted, roll on sunday :D:D

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Watching Dublin v Donegal today - it struck me - Tipp have had no tough game since Limerick - Galway was not exactly a tight win for a finish.

No that's true but i suppose we have to beat what is out in front of us and thats just the way it goes. We could have benefited more from meeting a Clare or a Wexford but then we could be out of the championship similar to last year.

We're underdogs on Sunday so therefore we are under no illusions about the task facing us and that suits us the finest. I think we have it within our sphere to win any type of game against Kilkenny but we need to believe we can first similar to the way Donegal believed last Sunday. And similar to the way Donegal believe in Jim McGuinness system it would seem that our own players do believe in O'Shea's even if we had plenty of causes for concern thus far in 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Any truth in rumour that hill 16 tickrts are for sale in lar na pairce tomorrow-wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Any truth in rumour that hill 16 tickrts are for sale in lar na pairce tomorrow-wednesday?

I saw a few people say it on twitter and even boards here, can't confirm it though.
    If you're not too far from from Thurles it might be worth a shot, or even give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

Passed it at about half 9 and there was a que of about 50 people outside so I assume there's some tickets been given out this morning.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sold out already.

More tickets going on sale in Clonmel @ 11am in the pop-up GAA Store beside Supervalu.

Hardest working team in the championship is Kilkenny:

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/columnists/2008141033-column-brendan-cummins-on-hurling/

they had one more tackle than Limerick in the semi - just that one was enough

• Advertisement

Hardest working team in the championship is Kilkenny:

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/columnists/2008141033-column-brendan-cummins-on-hurling/

they had one more tackle than Limerick in the semi - just that one was enough

And that to their credit is why they have been so successful.

Fact of the matter is if they werent my near neighbours id be full of praise and admiration for them. Insteadi its just grudging teeth grinding admiration :D

hahahah - Pat is a bold boy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R6bBTgD_4A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Anyone know where I can get a copy of the 'Dream for Liam' that was on Sky Channel 191 Showcase tonight.

Maybe the 'Kick in the arse' challenge will take off :D

I see Eddie Brennan pouring the bucket of ice water over Declan Ryan on the front of the Nationalist this week. Hopefully we'll return the favour on Sunday and pour water over the Cats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Tickets got,roll on Sunday,we're going to win this!

tippspur wrote: »
    Tickets got,roll on Sunday,we're going to win this!

Being honest, I'm relatively confident. We are due a win on them and no better time then Sunday. I'm under no illusions but as far as im concerned its now or never. If we can perform throughout the 70 minutes and added then we have a real chance.
    We have to be willing and able to work at least as hard as the Cats. No more snoozing at sidelines or leaving Kilkenny men free throughout the field. Also every shot we can get at the posts (under or over) will be sacred. Admittedly the last three years have been hard for a Tipperary supporter. I think the difference between now and 2010 is that we used what happened in 2009 as fuel going into 2010 whereas this team is coming off 3 championship defeats to Kilkenny on the bounce. Mentally we're not in as good a place but we are under a better regime suffice to say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

FFs

Does his hilarity know no bounds. I saw him in ballykisteen a few years back. He was scraping the barrel even then

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Open training session tonight at 7pm

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Cahill is very unlikely to start. Nevermind mark Richie Hogan!

• Advertisement

glued wrote: »
    Cahill is very unlikely to start. Nevermind mark Richie Hogan!

Is he still injured? Id say regardless of that O'Shea will stick with the 15 who done exceptional the last day but id say he will definately be the first to be sprung from the bench if god forbid we are in trouble

Advertisement